Poll to abort or not, causes heavy debate ..... -

Read more about Originally Posted by Rob Henderson The topic is abortion. Not JUST the poll. Sorry Chukpike. Wrong again. Then if the topic is abortion admin should have closed the topic

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

November 19th, 2010   #1
Chief Bones

Poll to abort or not, causes heavy debate ..... info

The abortion issue has been a controversial topic for decades that reaches to the core of every person in America. Often voters will even base their entire choice on this one topic alone, disregarding everything else the politician has to offer in the vain hope that their “chosen one” will be able to effect change on this issue.

We all like to think that our opinions matter, but so often there is no effective outlet for our beliefs to change lives. While most people have a definite opinion about abortion and take a stance as being either “Pro-Life” or “Pro-choice”, very few have an opportunity to do more than voice their concern to their elected representative. The concerns that we voice to those around us don’t seem to change the status-quo. Unless you are put into the position of having to make this decision in a setting that actually makes a difference, the debate does not affect anything.

Voting is such an integral part of the American identity. We vote on everything. We vote on things ranging from the best singer on American Idol to who the next leader of the free world will be. Wouldn’t it be nice to voice your opinion and have it actually make a difference in the real world? Why not vote on whether to continue or abort an actual pregnancy? Your vote can help a real couple to make a decision on this issue.

Soon -to-be parents: Pete & Alisha ... not sure they want to be parents set up a poll (Abortion or Birth), and have stated they were thinking of following the finding of the poll.

For more or to vote: http://www.birthornot.com/

--
November 19th, 2010   #2
MontyB

Personally I find that whole thing a little cold and calculating and somewhat abhorrent it strikes me as yet another way to defer responsibility for their actions and its outcome, I am a pro-choice person through and through but it is a decision for two people at the most to make not every moron with an internet connection.

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire 1694-1778

November 20th, 2010   #3
Rob Henderson

I think the whole thing is a parody, personally.

November 22nd, 2010   #4
Partisan

Personal choice, personal choice - does not belong in the public domain..

Next I will be told what colour underwear to wear, people don't have to like my colour co-ordination, because it is my choice.

November 22nd, 2010   #5
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan
Personal choice, personal choice - does not belong in the public domain..

Next I will be told what colour underwear to wear, people don't have to like my colour co-ordination, because it is my choice.
You do realize that these "people" posted this poll. It's not like the public is forcing them to hold this "election."......?

November 22nd, 2010   #6
Ted

If "they" take this is issue so seriously, why don't they make a better poll? What kind of question is:
Quote:
Should We Give Birth or Have an Abortion?
You have got to be joking if this is the only question on the entire topic and if you want to make policy out the answer of this one question. Please tell me there are more questions in this poll and that I just missed them....

November 22nd, 2010   #7
HokieMSG

This has to be a joke. These "people" should be shot. To be so flippant about the life of their unborn child is the worst character trait exhibited by prospective parents. Most parents would die for their children. If they choose to abort, they should be prosecuted for murder 1. If not, their child should be informed of their poll when they are 18.

BTW, if it is not obvious I am pro life.

Gunner. Sabot. Sniper. Is not an appropriate use of ammunition.

November 23rd, 2010   #8
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMSG
This has to be a joke. These "people" should be shot. To be so flippant about the life of their unborn child is the worst character trait exhibited by prospective parents. Most parents would die for their children. If they choose to abort, they should be prosecuted for murder 1. If not, their child should be informed of their poll when they are 18.

Heh. Another pro-life male. LOLZ

November 23rd, 2010   #9
Chief Bones

murder ... not murder??????? info

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMSG

Hmmmm - let's see if I've got this right.

According to you: abortion=murder .........
these "people" should be shot does NOT equal murder?????
It makes me laugh every time one of you pro-lifers opens your mouth ... you can't seem to get it right. Either life holds value for everyone (including those parents you want to shoot), or your stance on abortion is just so much BS.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS .....

November 23rd, 2010   #10
Chukpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
Hmmmm - let's see if I've got this right.

According to you: abortion=murder .........
these "people" should be shot does NOT equal murder?????

It makes me laugh every time one of you pro-lifers opens your mouth ... you can't seem to get it right. Either life holds value for everyone (including those parents you want to shoot), or your stance on abortion is just so much BS.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS .....
Apparently only liberal pro abortionists get to HAVE IT BOTH WAYS....

The only difference is liberals want to kill innocent unborn children, and want to keep serial killers, and murders alive by doing away with the death penalty.

Very astute Chief.

I happen to believe that abortion may be needed in some cases, but not done by a poll. I also believe that the death penalty is a useful tool.

Tags
change, issue, poll, voice, vote