Police being racist?

JRotc_cadet

My question for this forum is are the police racist? And do they deserve what assumptions people are making about them. In the u.s. Police departments across the country are being punished for doing their job. People are protesting and fighting with police because they dont understand that police are here to protect and serve. The people that are protesting about police now, what are they gonna say when they need them. These same people love the police when they save them from bank robberies and taking murderers off the street but then they turn around and start yelling and fighting them. They are blaming the police, but who causes the crimes?

The Biggest demonstration so far has been about 25k people in a Country of 315 million people how does that equate ? .

The thing is police do their jobs every day hoping not to get a call of an officer down or have that happen to themselves. Now with all these protests police officers are going to be afraid of doing their jobs. Because one day at one of these protests a person involved in that protest will have a gun and is either A. Going to start shooting police officers or B. Start shooting civilians and the one officer that can make a difference in that situation is going to hesitate too long because of all these protests and something really bad is going to happen.

The NYPD the keepers of the ZOO have been down this road many times they know who is just a pain in the ass and who needs attention , Garner was a pain in the ass and they wouldn't have bothered with him except that shop owners and pedestrians complained about him so the Police had to make a move Mr. Garner had been down this road 31 times and he knew the routine , what was NOT on the film clip was when the Police showed up they told Mr. Garner to move on to take his show down the road Mr. Garner decided to be difficult there lies the problem , its not nice to be belligerent to the Police .

We have to remember as third party spectators that we're not getting the full story. We never are, and never will. The reason for this is that we get our information through a business whose sole function is to make money. Therefore, while it is mostly true, they stir the pot constantly. If a black criminal kills a white officer, there's no money maker to that. The general argument is that police officers accept that risk when they become police officers.

What if, however, the reverse were applied? That criminals accept the risk of deadly force when they become criminals?

The NYPD the keepers of the ZOO have been down this road many times they know who is just a pain in the ass and who needs attention , Garner was a pain in the ass and they wouldn't have bothered with him except that shop owners and pedestrians complained about him so the Police had to make a move Mr. Garner had been down this road 31 times and he knew the routine , what was NOT on the film clip was when the Police showed up they told Mr. Garner to move on to take his show down the road Mr. Garner decided to be difficult there lies the problem , its not nice to be belligerent to the Police .

Lets skip the personalities involved here and ask at what point "being difficult" becomes a justification for being killed?

From this could we draw the conclusion that being difficult 30 times is a let off with a warning offence and 32 times is the death penalty.

Anyway as to the original question are the police racist, some probably are but on the whole no I don't believe they are however I do believe they are "classist" I tend to think that there is a perception that their role is to keep the unwashed masses in line which means the lower socioeconomic groups (regardless of race) tend to get a harsher response than other groups.

Is this where I should mention the NYPD officers that ass-raped a man from the Dominican Republic, using a broken mop handle, about 15 years ago? And he wasn't even a suspect, himself?

Just wondering.

15 years ago possible probably sometimes the ZOO keepers find themselves through frustration on a level with the animals they are paid to control but not often but what has happen in the intern that we should have to go back 15 years surely there must be something else .

Is this where I should mention the NYPD officers that ass-raped a man from the Dominican Republic, using a broken mop handle, about 15 years ago? And he wasn't even a suspect, himself?

Just wondering.

But is this an example of a bad police force or just bad police officers?

What happened to them for this action?

I think in every organisation there are bad apples who use authority to get away with things ordinary citizens would end up in prison for but you can not really say that it is representative of the police force as a whole.

An example of this is the Abu Ghraib mess of a few years ago, in my opinion it was an example of poor leadership and bad soldiering but wasn't something you should use as the yardstick for every US soldier.

Most of these events in my opinion stem primarily from a lack of leadership but what is frustrating most people into protesting is not so much that the events occur but rather they go unpunished, now people have simply lost faith in the judicial system to react effectively or impartially and the police forces only reaction is to start arresting or tear gassing people for the crime of asking for an impartial legal system.

Last edited:
Lets skip the personalities involved here and ask at what point "being difficult" becomes a justification for being killed?

From this could we draw the conclusion that being difficult 30 times is a let off with a warning offence and 32 times is the death penalty.

Anyway as to the original question are the police racist, some probably are but on the whole no I don't believe they are however I do believe they are "classist" I tend to think that there is a perception that their role is to keep the unwashed masses in line which means the lower socioeconomic groups (regardless of race) tend to get a harsher response than other groups.

Oh boy MontyB,
Do I ever agree wholeheartedly with you about lower socioeconomic groups ( regardless of race ) tending to get a harsher responses than the higher classes!!!

Dadsgirl

Just wondering.

I clearly remember that awful situation. Abuse of power, don't you think.
EVERYONE is not malicious. There is good and not so good in all peoples. That goes to for criminals and police alike.
People are just that. Human. They make mistakes. To err is human... I'm not going to say "both sides". There is only one side.

By and large the police do their jobs with little to no fanfare. Some of them get out of line and we see what happens when they do. However, I'm all for the protests because 1. It's constitutional 2. Wrist slapping of police misconduct has to stop and 3. I don't believe for a second that they would cause an officer from pulling the trigger in the right circumstances.

The ROE NEVER stopped me from pulling the trigger in combat when I knew it was justified, I'm sure it is even more clear for the police.

I think MontyB is correct, it is a lack of leadership but also a lack of proper training. Many officers go straight feom A-Z without ever going through the escalation procedures to subdue suspects with the minimum force necessary. And I would venture that in a majority of cases, situations of pissed off people can be de-escalated with the right words and some patience....

15 years ago should have nothing to do with today. The police of today are under more public scrutiny and have to walk on a thinner blue line than back then. In all these cities pretty much everybody has a video camera. What they do with it is their choice but the truth will always come out. Except most of these protestors won't accept the truth or they are just so lonely that they need a cause to be apart of. Even if it is the wrong cause.

It don't matter if someone get shot and killed any more. Nowadays it only matters if a cop shot and killed them and people don't relize that that police officer shot mike brown not because he didn't like the way he looked or walked differently but be cause he saw him and his friend walking with cigarettes and alcohol that had been reported stolen from a nearby store. They had been reported to be very aggressive and possibly armed. When a police officer responds to a call like that or just sees the subjects of that crime walking down the street afterwards, they start praying. Praying that they will get out of that dark street or alleyway alive to see their family and the light of day again.

There's 40000 plus members of the NYPD and they Police a city of 12 million how are the able to do this easy most people are law abiding and respect the commands of an officer .

It don't matter if someone get shot and killed any more. Nowadays it only matters if a cop shot and killed them and people don't relize that that police officer shot mike brown not because he didn't like the way he looked or walked differently but be cause he saw him and his friend walking with cigarettes and alcohol that had been reported stolen from a nearby store. They had been reported to be very aggressive and possibly armed. When a police officer responds to a call like that or just sees the subjects of that crime walking down the street afterwards, they start praying. Praying that they will get out of that dark street or alleyway alive to see their family and the light of day again.

How do you know this? There hasn't even been a trial yet. How about the presumption of innocence before guilt?

As for that whole praying bit, look, noone forced an officer to be a cop. It comes with the territory. I'm simply NOT WILLING to give up any of my constitutional rights to appease a police officer. The burden of proof is on THEM, not me. They are trained to deal with this stuff. I'm a soldier and know what dangers I have faced and may have to face again. That doesn't mean I get a cookie or an easier time from the enemy for it. I too want to get back home to my family, and the best way to do that is to think my way through the problem quickly, and then act with the appropriate measure...

Don't know where you are but the trial is over he was found innocent by a jury and all the evidence coincides with his story there were other witnesses that said they saw mike brown attack the officer repeatedly while in his car and on the street. People like Al Sharpton are painting the picture that all police agencies are racist and that everybody in them are racist. If you want to join that group then go right on ahead I won't stop you. But that police officer did his job and if he wasn't afraid that night while mike brown was assaulting him then something is wrong. I forgot who said it but someone said that courage is not the absence of fear but the will to over come it. I'm not saying that that officer was courageous or something, he did his job, but what that says is that no matter what you should have fear because that is what keeps you in reality.

Last edited:
Back