16007.jpg

16013.jpg

15853.jpg

15855.jpg

15843.jpg

15835.jpg

15833.jpg

Source - http://www.iaf.org.il/Templates/HomePage/HomePage.aspx?lang=EN

amazing!! one quick question though- whats the additional fittings above the wings of the Falcon in the sixth picture?

clownfish said:
amazing!! one quick question though- whats the additional fittings above the wings of the Falcon in the sixth picture?

They are called Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFT). These tanks are manufactured by the AIF and increase the aircraft's amount of internal fuel by 50%. Their purpose is to significantly prolong the aircraft's flight range and ability to remain in the air. :)

Cadet Seaman said:
Nice, really nice!

Question? Are the AH-64's and AH-1A's older models or kits bought from the U.S.?

The last models of AH-64 and AH-1 which Israel bought from the U.S. were AH-64D Apache 'Longbow' and AH-1W Apache 'Super Cobra'.

Spartacus said:
Nicely done. What looks better, the background or the equipment? Im goin with the equipment.

I doubt that you found a suitable pair for comparing.

Speaker said:
clownfish said:

They are called Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFT). These tanks are manufactured by the AIF and increase the aircraft's amount of internal fuel by 50%. Their purpose is to significantly prolong the aircraft's flight range and ability to remain in the air. :)

Since they're (the fuel tanks) below the aircraft, wouldnt the aircraft be more prone to explode from flak or any other projectiles shot at it?

Speaker said:
Spartacus said:
Nicely done. What looks better, the background or the equipment? Im goin with the equipment.

What do you mean? I dont know how to post a pic, but the 14th down background looks pretty cool.

Speaker said:
Cadet Seaman said:
Nice, really nice!

Question? Are the AH-64's and AH-1A's older models or kits bought from the U.S.?

The last models of AH-64 and AH-1 which Israel bought from the U.S. were AH-64D Apache 'Longbow' and AH-1W Apache 'Super Cobra'.

Spartacus said:

The Cobra's in the pics are AH-1A's, they have the single exhaust and Avco-Lycoming Turbine, while the "Super" has a double exhaust.

i cant see them :(

all i see is a little box with an x

unless thats what i'm supposed to see :evil:

Cadet Seaman said:
Speaker said:
Cadet Seaman said:
Nice, really nice!

Spartacus said:

The Cobra's in the pics are AH-1A's, they have the single exhaust and Avco-Lycoming Turbine, while the "Super" has a double exhaust.

Without a doubt, but I didn't say that I posted the 'Super Cobra'. Anyway I didn't post many of aircraft we have. ;)

P.S. Before arguing with me visit - http://www.iaf.org.il/Templates/HomePage/HomePage.aspx?lang=EN. Right now it's offline which is reason why people can't view the pics. Btw click with right mouse button on any pic that you can't see and choose "Show Picture" to view chosen pic.

Back