overweight!!!! HELP!!!

sas3489

how are you all... im sorta new to this, but here goes nothing.....

ok so i went to meps on 26 april to do my physical and all that, everything was all good except my weight.. for my height (which is 5'6") im supposed to be 163 maximum...... but i was 182. so they tried gettin my measurments... my hips were 44", waist 34.5", and neck 14". my body fat was 36% and it had to be 32% maximum. so they gave me 64 days to lose the weight..... so here it is 3 july and im down to 169. but it seems like these last couple of pounds are so hard to get off.... well im going back to meps next tuesday (10 july) to re-weigh, my measurements are now Hips: 42", waist: 33", and neck 13.5"...... but im still worried that im going to be a little bit overweight. my recruiter told me about an old trick using saran wrap and preparation H. he said you put a thin layer on the stomach and hips and tightly wrap the saran wrap around it... so im plannin to do this the night before i go back to meps.. have any of you tried this? and does it work? i need help!!! thanks

I haven't tried it, but all I can say is that, "If it did work, it would be so well known that I'm sure you wouldn't have to ask about it".

Walk, Trot, Or Run, whatever it needs to burn calories. The only way that you or anyone else can lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in.

Good Luck!

60 days and you only lost 13 pounds?!?! YOU are NOT motivated. You are lazy and in need of corrective therapy NOW.

STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE.

NO SOFT DRINKS.
NO ALCOHOL.
NO FAST FOOD.

RUN mother****er... RUN RUN RUN.

Quit being a lazy POS and RUN!!!

Last edited:
wow.. thanks for the motivation.......

but seriously, yeah i know 13 pounds is not alot but ..... it helps. i havent drank a soft drink since graduation, which was 26th may, ive drank nothing but water since then, and milk..... ive always been overweight so its not that im lazy. ive done some type of physical activity almost everyday.. whether its swimming, jogging, or just excercising...... but about the saran wrap.. do you know if it helps?

LOL, well looking at it...I feel it is a joke...because it would do nothing to Fat.

It takes Real...Motivation to lose weight, im 19 now... but at the age of 16 i was slightly over 200 lbs, and i was about 5'6'' since then, ive slimmed down to about 165 lbs, and im now 5'11'', I lost it at a slow rate..... Because I used to be lazy, it took me getting my arse busted as a JROTC summer camp to realize how screwed up my body was.

I can give you a few pointers...But it really all is up to you and how motivated you are.... ONLY you can un-dig this Hole.

~Chyllaxen

Ok, Tell me about your Average Day...Like I know some generalization will occur, but tell me what you eat and do on average...

Like here is what I did today....

This morning before Work, approximately (7am)
Warm up (Stretching, short cardio)
-1 mile run as fast as I can
Cool Down ( Lifting Light weights (reduced max) and Stretching)
NOTE: Stretching before and after WORK out is a MUST)

For Breakfast I had, Oatmeal and my Whey Shake....With 2%Milk(WHOLE MILK IS THE ENEMY)

I’m at a desk for a lot of my day, but every chance I get Ill keep moving, YOU NEED TO REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF IDLE TIME YOU HAVE even walking burns calories.

For lunch, I had an apple...
then I ran a mile...

NOTE: I AM CONSTANTLY DRINKING WATER>>>> BUT WATCH OUT YOU CAN OVER DO IT>>> I USUALY DRINK ABOUT 8 bottles a day. WHICH is .5 LT some say that’s not enough some say to much...But it keeps me Hydrated.

When I got Home I changed, and went to the local Train and ran it....it was about 16 miles...I didn’t run it all....But I tried and I barfed...(IF YOUR NOT BARFING YOUR DOING Something WRONG....ASK ANYONE HERE THEY HELPED ME IMPROVE MY WORKOUT TO THE EXTREAM I WANT TO BE SPECIAL FORCES>>>>) and ate a can of TUNA>....(TUNA WORKS GREAT, you need protein to Build muscle and tuna has lots of it... ask any body builder)

Before I eat dinner I will have a heavy weight lifting session,(if you don’t have a weight lifting regiment.....GET ONE) then I ate 2 Small Pieces Of Grilled ...SKINLESS BONELESS>....unbuttered WHITE MEAT CHICKEN BREAST.... with water.... I do not use any sauces...NOTHING...

>>>>>THE TRICK IS TO BURN MORE CALORIES THEN YOU TAKE IN!

then after dinner I complete My weight lifting(I usually take a dip in the POOL)

before bed I will drink another whey shake....

THIS IS JUST HOW I DO IT< THERE ARE MANY WAYS, Please If you find I AM DOING something Wrong Message me I Will Look into It I’m always trying to improve myself.

SO Please, Tell me How Your Day is...

~Chyllaxen

Last edited:
wow.. thanks for the motivation.......

but seriously, yeah i know 13 pounds is not alot but ..... it helps. i havent drank a soft drink since graduation, which was 26th may, ive drank nothing but water since then, and milk..... ive always been overweight so its not that im lazy. ive done some type of physical activity almost everyday.. whether its swimming, jogging, or just excercising...... but about the saran wrap.. do you know if it helps?

Stop trying to find shortcuts.
Half your intake of food and run as a mother****er.

No more of this "One physical activity a day" crap.
Run 3 miles as fast as you can, come back and post your scores and someone on here will help you to get where you want to be.
Caution, do NOT waste our time.
The people on here help people out on their in some cases very limited sparetime.
So you better decide if you want this, and then stick with it.
In your case it looks to me like you need to change you habbits pronto or you might damage your body permanantly.

So make your decision, then stick with it.

But kid realize this.
This is going to be uncomfortable.

//KJ.

Hes Right, There Really is only 1 Way to lose weight fast.

BURN MORE CALORIES THEN YOU TAKE IN.

Weight Loss Is never a Comfortable thing, No Diet pills are worth it, You will Just gain the weight back when you get off em. If they dont Screw you Up first.

~Chyllaxen

SAS, if you are fat it is for one of two reasons.

1. You shove more food into your cockholster than you burn off through physical activity.

or

2. You have a medical condition that is causing it.

#1 is correctable ONLY THROUGH EATING LESS AND EXERCISE MORE.

#2 makes you medically unfit to serve in the Armed Forces.

If it is not #2 then you need to grope around down there, find your sack and do what you need to do... no ****ing shortcuts. If all you want is shortcuts save us all some time and quit bothering the recruiter and go apply at Wendy's. If you join the military you'll just end up in a pine box because you're a lazy unmotivated pear shaped oxygen thief.

If it is #2 then you have my utmost sympathy and I wish you luck in whatever endeavour you end up in but it won't be the military.

I think i just saw this website on a top 10 list of scariest place to get weight loss tips, jesus guys.

If i recall your not exactly a light weight there either bull dog :p

This isn't Jenny Craig... its the MILITARY... you want touchy feely bullspit this is the wrong organization. And no I am not a lightweight but I am not a pear...
Hips: 42", waist: 33", and neck 13.5"
... either who waited till the last week to ask for help and try to fix the problem with some ass cream and plastic wrap. To me this stinks of a few things not least of which is piss poor planning, lack of real effort and someone looking for shortcuts rather than doing the hard work that needs to be done.

Last edited:
The Saran wrap thing is something you do for a fast trip to the hospital. I have heard of it and what I have heard is nothing good. Swimming is the best all around exercise. But if you do not push yourself until you are ready to throwup it does no good.

Doing something until you are a bit out of your "comfort zone" does no one any good, least of all yourself. Get out there run, swim, bike. You should be doing this at least two hours daily at your current weight if you want to see dramatic results.

I am 5' 8" I weigh in at 183lbs. This is 2lbs over the height weight standards of the military.

At one point after I had surgery on my ankle I weighed 190lbs. I lost 5lbs in two weeks just by changing my eating habits. I started doing more PT that I was allowed to do and I lost a grand total of 10lbs in 3 weeks. It isn't hard to lose the weight if you keep up with it and get out of your comfort zone.

I am sitting here doing the math (Apr 26 - Jul 3)and you have lost 13lbs in 68 days ?!? That is less than 1.5lbs per week. Give me a break. You don't want to be in the military, you don't want to earn anything. You want a fast track solution to a problem.

Prove me wrong. Go to MEPS.

well said, man. Back when I was on the team, I swam a mile a day, and quickly developed a nice A-frame, and kept the body fat down. Of course, I was a toothpick to begin with.

Step away from the high-calorie stuff. Think wheat breads and occasional red meat, but a diet free of the fattening stuff and high in your normal vegetables and light meats. Keep a healthy protein content in the diet, and stay away from carbonated beverages. Milk and water, my friend. For your final weigh-in, you may want to restrict your water intake if you're still nervous. That'll also give you that dry, vascular, muscular look :)

Hunting, combined with the flu, is great for losing weight fast. I lost 10 pounds in two days by not eating or drinking much. Left school that day weighing about 105, came back 95 or 97.

Last edited:
As I was... checked your profile and saw that SAS is a female... nevermind, you have ovaries they will make exceptions and allowances for your half of the species and if it ever gets too hard for you, you can just get pregnant and get out of your contract.

As for the advice on weight loss it remains the same except for sucking it up... instead make tears and someone will carry you.

As I was... checked your profile and saw that SAS is a female... nevermind, you have ovaries they will make exceptions and allowances for your half of the species and if it ever gets too hard for you, you can just get pregnant and get out of your contract.

As for the advice on weight loss it remains the same except for sucking it up... instead make tears and someone will carry you.

Irregardless, the body fat % is still too high. To be able to succeed in a chosen career path you must be as good or better than a man doing the same thing. Get you body fat down, get your scores up. If you want I will even mail you a straw to help you SITFU (Suck it the F*** up).

Now get the heck off your computer and go run a few miles. Do some crunches, do some pushups. Just because you are a female means squat to me. I have worked with females in the Marines Corps that blow me out of the water when it comes to PT.

Guys, try to remember that answering the question asked should be restricted to personal experience or knowledge. It is a valid question and take into consideration the differences in male and female systems and it shouldn't require the DI language to explain your method.

Guys, try to remember that answering the question asked should be restricted to personal experience or knowledge. It is a valid question and take into consideration the differences in male and female systems and it shouldn't require the DI language to explain your method.

Roger WILCO.

I think they're just trying to get her motivated by the language, cause isn't that they way they do it in boot camp? Well all you guy's advice seems good but let me add some

I know those last pounds are hard, I know I dropped 10 pounds in less than a week, and when I stopped losing so fast I freaked out.

Let me tell you it's hard to put down the foods you like and the junk...but you just gotta do it, eat salad, fruit, eat granola for snacks, KEEP TRACK OF YOUR CALORIES if you do that you know exactly what's going into you and how hard you need to work to burn it off. Jump rope, do sit ups during commercials. If you don't feel hungry you're not doing it right.

Mind over matter

I think they're just trying to get her motivated by the language, cause isn't that they way they do it in boot camp? Well all you guy's advice seems good but let me add some

I know those last pounds are hard, I know I dropped 10 pounds in less than a week, and when I stopped losing so fast I freaked out.

Let me tell you it's hard to put down the foods you like and the junk...but you just gotta do it, eat salad, fruit, eat granola for snacks, KEEP TRACK OF YOUR CALORIES if you do that you know exactly what's going into you and how hard you need to work to burn it off. Jump rope, do sit ups during commercials. If you don't feel hungry you're not doing it right.

Mind over matter

Yes, motivation is great but we're drifting a little off course. Men lose weight quicker than women so we can only give her so much advice. You ladies can be of help though.

When I was in the service, the draft was taking guys short, tall, fat, and downright skinny. I remember the clothing fitter griping about everyone being too different and caused them more work.

He did give some insight into what we had ahead of us, "you skinny a***s and you fat a***s will all wear the same size when we're through with you." Sure enough.....!

P.S.
You don't really believe these guys listen to me do you. They just act like they do for two reasons, 1. So I'll feel good and go away. 2. Make you feel sorry for them because I'm a meanie. They're miscreants, the lot of them. I know they make faces when I turn my back.:crybaby:

Last edited:
Back