overweight!!!! HELP!!!

About overweight!!!! HELP!!! Page 3

International Military Forums > Military Discussion Forums > Joining the Military? Basic Training and Military Service Questions.
User Name
Password

July 6th, 2007   #21
Redleg

Off-topic posts deleted...

July 7th, 2007   #22
boris116

I am running 2-3 marathons a year, but I couldn't lose any weight, until I cut down considerably on carbs!!
I am overweight(5'10" 220)
I have excluded all bread, potatoes, sweets, etc.
Just sereal on some mornings. Everything else - proteins and veggies.
I have got from 240 to 210 in 5 months
Another good tip - avoid caffeine and try to get at least, 7 hours of sleep.
Sleep deprived people tend to eat more...

July 9th, 2007   #23
bulldogg

Brown is good white is bad... whole wheat, brown rice, NO PROCESSED FOODS.

NO SUGAR, NO CANDY, only FRUIT, fresh NOT CANNED.

SMALL PORTIONS AND INCREASE THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.

There are no shortcuts... I know because I've tried that route. Doesn't work. There is no easy way. If you (original poster) REALLY REALLY want it you will do the hard work and get it. Ass cream and plastic wrap will land you in the hospital just as overweight as you are now. Don't do it and I would suggest you find a different recruiter, one who is more interested in helping you instead of this asshat you have now who is just trying to hit his number for the month at the expense of your health.

"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." - John Steinbeck

July 9th, 2007   #24
deerslayer

Right on, bulldogg, any kind of chemical solution for weight loss should be taken with the whole damned salt shaker. Run, jog, swim, do some kind of aerobic exercise to lose weight (running is probably the best, next to swimming). Fresh fruits and vegetables, cut back the meat. If you want a middle ground on wheat bread, that honey-wheat stuff is pretty darn good. Dirty or brown rice is good with a stew or gumbo. Cut back to three meals of small portions and restrict the carbohydrate intake as much as possible.

As for the exercise, go with boris's advice and get a lot of rest- your body probably isn't used to that kind of physical activity, and inadequate rest or improper exercise _will_ damage your body. It is not a fun experience to have a sports injury, be strung out from lack of sleep, and still try to function and get a workout.

Also, watch your electrolyte intake and make sure your diet is good for your exercise type. I can attest that an electrolyte or salt imbalance is NOT fun for swimming or running any distance.

Screwing over bureaucratic organizations, one paper tiger at a time.

Trespassers will be shot and fed to the dogs.

Last edited by deerslayer; July 9th, 2007 at 01:49..

July 9th, 2007   #25
MightyMacbeth

listen to those guys sas3489.

I lost 20 pounds in a week. I was sick though. I did not exercise, but I never did eat a lot at that week. I ate about 3 meals a day. My breakfast was nothing more than tea and a few biscuits. My lunch was just tea again, or just soda, like sprite, and an apple. My dinner was mashed potatoes or just cooked ones. Drink was the same. Oh and I ate yogurt with each meal.
But after all, I lost 20 pounds in one week, just eating that. I did get hungry, but I lived.

Good luck

~when a man does his best, what else is there? Gen.George S.Patton

July 9th, 2007   #26
deerslayer

Yeah, Mighty. I lost ten in two days, just from having the flu and hunting in weather than went from 14 to 60 in a day. Crazy, man. It is not a healthy thing to do.

July 9th, 2007   #27
philam15

It may not be healthy, but it works...the not eating thing

I wasn't sick of anything, I just don't eat sometimes

GOD, give us men! A time like this demands Strong minds, great hearts, true faith and ready hands... -Josiah Gilbert Holland
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558169533snUVkw

July 13th, 2007   #28
Marinerhodes

Give us an update. How are things progressing now?

Quote:
I am like Radio Shack. You have questions? I have answers!

July 15th, 2007   #29
philam15

I think we scared her off guys

good going

July 15th, 2007   #30
A Can of Man

hahaha that's funny.
Cutting down on carbs is a HUGE contributor to weight loss. That's what I cut down on when I gained some weight after my knee injury and it worked a beauty.