~old rifles?

MightyMacbeth said:
nobody eh

Not being in the UK, I don't know much about your firearms outlets. In the US, black powder firearms aren't considered firearms and aren't controlled so you can order kits form online and finish them yourself. I buy Milsurp weapons in gun stores because they're usually cheaper than pawn shops and I don't trust some of the dealers at gun shows. All gunshops have a small area set aside for old military guns that aren't collector's items. They run from $80 to $130 for rifles.

MightyMacbeth said:
tnax..

um u know any earlier ones?

No, I was never interested in the older ones because of the price being so high. I would like to have a Sharps 1870 in 45/70 cal. but even the reproductions are too expensive. I would still like to be able to hit at 1000 yards at least once.

MightyMacbeth said:
hmmm..say, do they ship overseas?

Not that I know of. I know some people from other countries like Belarus who are now US citizens buy and mail arms to their country legally. One guy was buying Barrett .50 cal sniper rifles and mailing them to his home country.

MightyMacbeth said:
hmmm..and is there any way that this might help and benefit me?

It may point you to the right lisencing you will need or how to find an "agent" willing to do the receiving of the firearm for you. I know it's done or all those foreign armory weapons wouldn't be here now.

Well in my country, every school has a rifle range and inside them there are Lee Enfield no.4 Mk1 and Mk5. At least that is in my school. In other schools, I heard they keep M-16s!

zander_0633 said:
Well in my country, every school has a rifle range and inside them there are Lee Enfield no.4 Mk1 and Mk5. At least that is in my school. In other schools, I heard they keep M-16s!

Can't beat the Enfields, I bought one, cleaned and sighted it in and used it for deer hunting for around ten years.

Well those in my school, they are used for Parades and trainings for the Uniform Youth Groups. I am an NCO last time in one of the Uniform Groups called National Police Cadet Corp. I used to teach drills to my cadets with the rifles! I tell you, the Lee Enfields are HEAVY! and the magazine only fits a few bullets!

Back