ok here is a weird one - Page 3

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

May 18th, 2005   #21
melkor the first

Most influential info

Actually, yes, because on further reflection I will stick to the Seven Years War, which led to the English dominated North Americas which led to the American Revolution. If WW2 left basically the world dominated by Communist and non-communist nations, the beginning of the fall of colonialism and 3rd World nonallignment, the Seven Years War led to the ultimate spread of democracy. This was the major developementin the endingof the worldwide slave trade, something more pernicious than communism. Even colonialism had some good points in retrospect. Best JWC

--
May 19th, 2005   #22
Desert_Eagle

Re: Most influential info

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor the first
Actually, yes, because on further reflection I will stick to the Seven Years War, which led to the English dominated North Americas which led to the American Revolution. If WW2 left basically the world dominated by Communist and non-communist nations, the beginning of the fall of colonialism and 3rd World nonallignment, the Seven Years War led to the ultimate spread of democracy. This was the major developementin the endingof the worldwide slave trade, something more pernicious than communism. Even colonialism had some good points in retrospect. Best JWC
Exactly how many people did it affect at the time or a few years afterword, what you meant by ultimate spread probably meant that many other factors contributed.

A \'good\' landing is one from which you can walk away. A \'great\' landing is one after which they can use the plane again.

May 23rd, 2005   #23
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth79
well you cant argue with WWII. short thread.
True on both things. I challenge someone to find a war more affecting.
Armagedon

June 3rd, 2005   #24
Desert_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
Quote:
Quote:
Armagedon
An actual war that has happened

June 3rd, 2005   #25
LIBERTY

Yeah WWII. Like some people said it made the US and the USSR superpowers.

June 4th, 2005   #26
wolfen

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Armagedon
According to my mother Armagedon is happening now as we speak.
For myself I'd have to aggree that WW2 was the most affecting so far to date, my mother ( on the other hand) who can quote you every word , passage, verse, and page in the bible says that Armagedon has been going on for a long time now and we just don't know because we are all living the lie of the sinners world.
( needless to say the phone conversation I had with her that day gave me a MAJOR headace)
Also wasn't the cold war very affecting also?

June 5th, 2005   #27
danthepirate

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Armagedon
According to my mother Armagedon is happening now as we speak.
For myself I'd have to aggree that WW2 was the most affecting so far to date, my mother ( on the other hand) who can quote you every word , passage, verse, and page in the bible says that Armagedon has been going on for a long time now and we just don't know because we are all living the lie of the sinners world.
( needless to say the phone conversation I had with her that day gave me a MAJOR headace)
Also wasn't the cold war very affecting also?

cold war, yes very afftecting. Though there wasn't any actual fighting between the americans and the russia people. I do think that there were some smaller countrys around russia or somethings like that were affected with military force. yeah...

Flight, mans greatest accomplishment since sliced bread...
\"Forget the torpedoes, Full speed ahead!\"
Admiral David Glasgow Farragut (1801-1870). Aboard Hartford
\"The battle of Iwo Jima has been won. Among the Americans who served on Iwo, uncommon valor was a common virtue.\"Nimitz
http://s14.invisionfree.com/3rd_Army/index.php?act=idx

June 5th, 2005   #28
wolfen

Maybe no actual fighting between us and teh Russians, but there were Soviet advisors in certain central American countries dureing the drug wars, and when I was on the Nimitz we came real close to cutting a russian tin can in half

June 6th, 2005   #29
Darcia

If you are referring to WW2 as around 1932-1946 then no. However if it is WW2 from 1939-1946 then yes. However the Cold war was important but thier would have not been a Cold War if there was not an WW2 and there would not be a WW2 if the Great War never happened.

^_^

June 7th, 2005   #30
wolfen

Ok then how about the American Revolution as the most affection ona world wide scale?
think about it, if America hadn't declared independence from England, Then we as a country would never have come out as the leader of the free world.

Tags
affected, hey, impact, tank, thought