Need Help with a Paper

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Well Milforum community

I am tasked with writing an analytical essay on Post Peak Oil production and it's effect on the world economy.

So this being the first paper due for the quater I am asking for anything you folks may dig up relating to this topic along you travels through the internet. Or newsreels for that matter.

Pretty much any insight or information handy you may find let me know about it, when I am finished, and if I do well I will post it here on the Milforum for your criticizing enjoyment.

Kind regards,

Yo

Much appreciation on the insight, China's play in the current and future Middle Eastern Oil market is more than worth a mention in my paper, that's for sure.

Thanks,

Yo

The little known oil shale/Tar Sands has popped its head again. The last time I saw something about this it was in reference to green house gases. I did a paper on oil shale/Tar sands in college. The United States and Canada are full of the stuff. Some estimates say the US has as much oil in oil shale/Tar sands as Saudi Arabia. I was tracking it cost about $40-50 a barrel to get oil from oil shale/Tar sands, but Canada is doing it for $20. When oil is above $100, this is attractive. Of course every environmental group that can will sue this to stop it. The US geological survey had good info on oil shale and tar sands. Here is the news article I found

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_oil_sands

Last edited:
Let them sue, when the lights start going out and a cold winter blows through, sure they would change their disposition.

I already have a pre write availible.

But this is just my first paper this quater.

Think after this one, my next paper, a research essay I'll take a break from the woes of humanity and the lack sense we often make.

Maybe I'll research something to do with nature or the outdoors...

And since you brought up enviromental conservation groups and their legal tactics, maybe I should pick a nicer topic?

Yep,...Think I will research and write about Mountain Lions.

Yossarian, to understand peak oil. You have to understand our need for oil.

We dont really need oil. We need A HUGE QUANTITY of oil. We dont need oil, we need cheap and abundant oil. Because everything we use in our daily lives needs a huge amount of oil.

The brick of milk you drink takes a few litters of crude oil to be affordable to the common man. We live in a gold era where everything is abundant.

And the oil rich countries lie about their stocks of oil. They want to keep their export quotas. They tell us that they are discovering new oil fields while we know it's false. They do that because they need the money for their inefficient countries.

A country like Saudi Arabia is extremely poor if you take out the oil. Their desert like country needs a lot of money and resources to produce basic things like clean water/maize etc...

So, when we will peak. It will be the beginning of a new era. the end of the gold era. And it means that some people will have to work extremely hard to put some food on the table. Because the prices will rise. It wont happen over night. But in the near future we will need 2€/L to fuel our cars. And it will be only a beginning.

You see the big pictures?

Back