About Nederland Military will get closed a lot of units
|April 10th, 2011||#1|
| || |
Nederland Military will get closed a lot of units info
Specially the Main-Battle Tank Units and Cougar Helikopter Unit .
The Nederland landmacht without Leopard 2 A6 NL......
Here the officially list :
The minister of Defence Hans Hillen made the upcomming budget cuts public today they will cut a total of 1 billion euro and will include:
- The navy will go from 10 to 6 minehunters.
- The navy will not commission 2 of the 4 Holland Class Patrol Vessels.
- The HNLMS Zuiderkruis will be decomissioned in 2011 instead of 2013.
- HLNSM Amsterdam will be in service up to 2014, and will be replaced bythe Joint Support Ship ''Karel Doorman''.
- The Army will take close down 2 Tank- batallions.( 1. Mai 2011 ! ! ! )
- The number of Artillery will be decreased, Pzh2000 + 120 mm mortars.
- The Engineers will be decreased
- The Army Air defence will be decreased and Medium range Anti Tank capacity on the Fenneks will be less.
- The army will decrease its units in the GER-NL Corps.
- The airforce will go from 87 to 68 F16's.
- All 17 Cougar Helicopters will be out of service.
- The 3rd ordered DC-10 will not come in to service.
- Two Air defence platoons and one patriot battery will be taken out of service.
- The Militairy police will cancel the new built patrol ship for the province of zeeland.
- The number of generals (119) will be decreased to 80.
- 1000 civil cars will be sold.
If anyone look one of the last Pictures of the Leopard 2 A6 NL ......please look the follow link. The Pictures are made by my last Visit 11. TankBtl in February 2011
The complete Album........ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pzbrig15/
|April 11th, 2011||#2|
| || |
And the ironic part is that this shut down is being done by the same politicians, who vowed not to downsize the military. Matter of fact, when they still were in de opposition, they hammered the minister of defence who proposed a much smaller cut.... Funny business, politics.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill
|More Special Units, Less Conventional Infantry?|
|Pentagon cannot eliminate Guard units w/o governor approval|
|Army is considering adding women to its new 'units of action|
|Women in army and deployed in combat units|
|State Guard Units|