Nat Geo Mission Udaan : Inside the Indian Airforce

About Nat Geo Mission Udaan : Inside the Indian Airforce

International Military Forums > Military Discussion Forums > Military Videos and Pictures Forum
User Name
Password

September 29th, 2005   #1
SwordFish_13

Nat Geo Mission Udaan : Inside the Indian Airforce info

Hi,

Some photos of the Indian Air Force from National Geographic Channel : Mission Udaan Inside the Indian Air Force,

Peace
-=SF_13=-

--
September 29th, 2005   #2
FutureHMSGrad

NICE PICTURES SF!!!!!!!!!!! Keep 'em coming!

September 29th, 2005   #3
Springfield

Good pictures, but what kind of planes are those? I'm not very familiar with Indian Air Force.

September 30th, 2005   #4
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaZoOkAzNgReNaDeZ
Good pictures, but what kind of planes are those? I'm not very familiar with Indian Air Force.

As you can see, IAF Flies many Different Types of Aircrafts ............Ranging From the French- Mirage 2000 To Russian - MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-25, MiG-27, MiG-29, Su -30MK , Su-30MKI To United Kingdom & French Joint vanture - Jaguars.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

October 25th, 2005   #5
PrivatePyle

Nice mix of old and new.

I was suprised to see Jaguars in there, are they buying our and the French air forces old ones?

I love the jaguar, my bro was based at RAF coltishall and went up in a two seater version.

October 25th, 2005   #6
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePyle
Nice mix of old and new.

I was suprised to see Jaguars in there, are they buying our and the French air forces old ones?

I love the jaguar, my bro was based at RAF coltishall and went up in a two seater version.

India acquired the Jaguar strike fighter to meet the IAF's Deep Penetration Strike Aircraft (DPSA) requirement to replace the Canberra and Hunter aircraft........... on July 1979 India Got the Frist batch of ex-RAF Jaguars Jaguars ........... These were followed by a batch of U.K. built Jaguars .................... simultaneouslyIndia begane Indegnious Production of Jaguars .......... HAL started Producing the aircraft, its powerplants, avionics and accessories in India.

Indi's No.6 Squadron was equipped with the Maritime Jaguar carrying the new generation Sea Eagle anti-ship sea-skimming missile.......... The Jaguar strike fighter was equipped also with Magic air-to-air missiles on unique overwing pylons, featured advanced nay-attack systems.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

March 17th, 2006   #7
chinese-canadian

nice transformation.....

but seriously...Indians and Chinese should start to make more of their own airplanes.....

stop giving money to those big foreign corporations..

March 17th, 2006   #8
phoenix80

Is there any logistical nightmare for the IAF for having a mixture of Western and Soviets' aircrafts?

March 17th, 2006   #9
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinese-canadian
nice transformation.....

but seriously...Indians and Chinese should start to make more of their own airplanes.....

stop giving money to those big foreign corporations..
They are making Progress in that regard also ...... But Don't Expect them to Straight away come up with Some 5 th generatio Stuff ...... and it's not easy to Spare Money on the R&D and at the same time mantain the same level of Aircraft ......

India is Workig on LCA Tejas and MCA and China to of FC-1 , J-10 and a few others ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Is there any logistical nightmare for the IAF for having a mixture of Western and Soviets' aircrafts?
That's been a hallmark of India Unity in Diversity ...... You might be Surprised to know Just One SU-30MKI that India makes has Inputs from 5 Countries

Peace
-=SF_13=-

March 17th, 2006   #10
MightyMacbeth

wow man, thanx for the awesome pics 8)

~when a man does his best, what else is there? Gen.George S.Patton