My new side arm

Okay what you have is a Beretta 96D. It's Double Action Only with no manual safety or decocker. It has factory Trijicon night sights. Good. step one is done.

What's you're going to want to do is go grip shopping. Maybe a set of Crimson Trace Laser Grips. They're pricey, like $300-$400 pricey but a damn good investment. You could also go the route of custom grips like a good pair of custom scrimshaw grips. Maybe something rubber is more your line. Hogue or Pachmayr makes a nice set of rubber grips.

You can do a light option also. There are a number of companies that make accessory rails for the 92/96 line. I know the Israeli Company Command Arms Accessories does along with someone else but I can't remember their name. Surefire makes lights for the 92/96 line but it's Surefire and their pricey.

You can get a .22LR Conversion kit. It replaces your slide, barrel, and magazine. Also since you have the 96 you can buy a surplussed M9/92 9mm kit. Same deal as the .22LR kit. Lastly you can also look at companies like Bar-Sto Precision Machine and some of the other custom barrel makers and get a .357 Sig barrel for your pistol. You can use the same magazines, same slide, just need a new barrel.

Back