My former CO told me this one...

SigPig

Back when he was a young lieutenant, he was on exercise in Gagetown. He was the DSO - Duty Signals Officer - and was monitoring the radio traffic on the graveyard shift with his operator. For whatever reason, radio silence had been imposed, and all stations were on listening watch only.

Sometime around oh-dark-thirty, the radio keyed, and a singsong voice came over saying, "I'm all screwed up!"

Needless to say, the word used instead of "screwed" was actually one far more salty.

Before the Lt or his op could react, the voice came a second time: "I'm all screwed up!"

The Lt immediately grabbed the handset and sent: "Unknown callsign, this is Monitor. Identify yourself immediately! Over."

There was a pause, then came the singsong voice: "I'm not that screwed up!"

J.

Oh the joys of monitering radios :) I had a friend once who used to switch to a different frequency and threaten to kill people in general. He kept it up until he realised that the MPs moniter all frequencies, not just the one we usually use.

As a private I was once manning my post in my former unit... and that post had a phone in it. One night the phone rang... and it was a horny woman looking to engage in phone sex.
I wanted to have fun but the lance corporal with me failed to see the humor in it.

Back