My Finn captured M91/30 Mosin Nagant

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I paid $165 for this rifle.

2011-09-06115020.jpg

2011-09-06115052.jpg

2011-09-06115104.jpg

She was a Soviet 1939 Izhevsk made M1891/30 Mosin Nagant. More then likely captured in the Winter War but possibly captured in the Continuation War or given to Finland by the Germans after the start of Operation Barbarossa. At some point in the Continuation War these rifles were stripped down and reissued to Finnish Troops. Mostly they went to Artillery and Communication troops since they ran around with non standard rifles like Carcano Carbines.

She has a two piece spliced Finn Stock, Finn front "double stack" front sight, Finn sling attachment points, a Chatellerault made Bolt body, early M91 Izhevsk made Bolt handle, Tula made mag/trigger guard, and the standard Finn markings. [SA] is stamped on the left side of the barrel collar and the left side of the receiver has a Finn serial number. The top of the barrel collar has the Finn "D" marking referencing that it's a .310 diameter bore for Soviet ammo. Also the rifle has been counter bored, which was commonly done by the Finns to improve accuracy from these old rifles.

Oh, the trigger is AWESOME! Another Finn improvement.

The sling looks to be from a Hungarian AK.

russhungarianak_000.jpg

Except it's riveted to the rear sling point and is of much better quality. The sling has no marking what so ever.

Hey 5.56, My buddy says that he'd pay you $400 for that Mosin. :cowb:

Negative Ghostrider; the pattern is full!

I ain't selling her unless I'm broke and need cash badly. But then again that's with pretty much the majority of my guns.

Wow, this is an old post. But, I'm curious when you say that the rifle has been counter bored. Do you mean that the muzzle has been re-crowned. A good muzzle crown is important for accuracy. I can't imagine what other machining operation it would refer to.

Back