My Dad's records, kind of..need help...?

dadsgirl

My Dad enlisted in '45...til 47 or so(?). He studied Maraiology in San Diego and Camp Le Jeune. BTW...he was Navy. He was PhM3c then. I have the papers. Been in at least 7 different places, including 1st Marine Brigade Camp at LA Jeune. Also, 2nd Marine Division . N. Y., Pa, DC twice, etc.
In hospice, he felt comfortable enough I guess (with me), to go through some "old experiences" let us say. He told me things I doubt he ever shared before. All I can say is wow. What an an honor it was to go through that with him. He wound up being Cpl the papers say. They say a lot more but that's most I can share.BTW, everything relating to the military, I would get with it, like the Drake's cakes they had at the po ( if that's correct). Or the folding cots, I right on top. And the German Shepard dogs too. Thanks for listenin' .. BTW... What does HA1c mean? He was that at one time too.

DadsGirl-- HA is Hospital Apprentice
1c Would be first class

from: http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/Ranks&Rates/index.html[/url

PhM3c is Pharmacist Mate third class

Maraiology - looks like is a study of Mary, maybe this was with a Chaplain or a Church

Cpl - should be Corporal, this may have been an error on some orders to go somewhere.

Last edited:
Hi OldNavy.
Thanks for the reply. I have since figured it all out. At one point, yes, Dad was a Pharmacist's Mate third class. Studied Malaria. I assume that it came in handy where he was.
Corporal later on.
I do not have all the records. The're incomplete.After he passed, my brother went through the paperwork first...BUT he did know how much I would want his service records. They are still in the original brown envelope.

Last edited:
Back