The Muslim Brotherhood's Reach and Ambitions Extend Far Beyond Egypt

Oh yes - first we'll take Manhatten - then we'll take Berlin, or vice-versa.

I have spoken of their aims before on these boards, of their Muslim Caliphate ambition. Hitler's friend, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, and Osama Bin Laden more recently, were their demagogues; The Brits were confronting them in their lairs in the early 1950s.

I feel that they have been the driving force behind the Arab Spring.

Last edited:
Oh yes - first we'll take Manhatten - then we'll take Berlin, or vice-versa.

I have spoken of their aims before on these boards, of their Muslim Caliphate ambition. Hitler's friend, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, and Osama Bin Laden more recently, were their demagogues; The Brits were confronting them in their lairs in the early 1950s.

I feel that they have been the driving force behind the Arab Spring.
Even if they're not the driving force, they'll capture the revolutions the same way the Islamists took over the Iranian Revolution. Don't kmow why some would expected anything different!

Usually they are not the driving force... or else why would have they waited so long? There are many groups like this who wait for chaos so they can fill the vacuum.

They do not show their face early; looks like they have already taken Egypt, and will tighten their grip. They have Hamas. They will come to the fore and take power in Libya, as Gadaffi warned. Who do you think are the power, the organisation, in the growing opposition to Assad in Syria; they will have their way there. Yemen ,Tunisia? How about Indonesia? Europe?

They are the puppet-masters throughout the world in their cause, operating behind the scenes. They are the inheritors of the caliphate, and they have learnt to manipulate the democratic system to their ends. IMHO.

Last edited:
Hafez Assad caused huge casulties putting down the Brotherhood in his time, before there was news coverage/leaks in Syria.

And for over 50 years they have been supressed in Egypt it is reported, but the mixture of religion and terrorism now includes politics and the understanding of the strength and weaknesses of democracy is a heady mix for the so-called Arab Spring/Winter; they are well placed to be the power -in-waiting .

All secular leaders and regimes are targets and the most powerful immovables have already been chewed up and spat out. Incredible timing and manipulation; but understandable when they have a timeless agenda.
Afghanistan campaign is an example of a timeless agenda; they are prepared to pick opponents off one by one if necessary, as we know well.

Last edited:
Iam an egyptian myself and am not a fan of the muslim brotherhood but saying that they are terrorists/extremists...etc is simply absurd...clearly none of u have read about the brotherhood....ever since it was founded in 1928 the brotherhood has mainly abandoned violence to achieve its goals but rather prefered politics ( mainly by gaining popularity among the egyptian public )....the brotherhood is quite large and global...here in egypt for example u wud expect the brotherhood to be composed of extremists and etc...on the contrary its composed MAINLY of well-educated people ( doctors engineers university professors etc) ...the reason they ceased control of the egyptian parliamant is because they are the STRONGEST and most POPULAR political organization in Egypt....again i say i do not support them but they ARE NOT TERRORISTS/EXTREMISTS....they use FAIR ways in achieving their goals.....as for how they want to rule the country or how they want the country to be like...well all i gonna say is that the majority of the egyptians voted for them ( they alone have 49 percent of the parliamant seats ) so i guess that its the people of egypt's choice ...so ruled by islamic sharia or not is simply none of other countries' business........ ( no offense )

Iam an egyptian myself and am not a fan of the muslim brotherhood but saying that they are terrorists/extremists...etc is simply absurd...clearly none of u have read about the brotherhood....ever since it was founded in 1928 the brotherhood has mainly abandoned violence to achieve its goals but rather prefered politics ( mainly by gaining popularity among the egyptian public )....the brotherhood is quite large and global...here in egypt for example u wud expect the brotherhood to be composed of extremists and etc...on the contrary its composed MAINLY of well-educated people ( doctors engineers university professors etc) ...the reason they ceased control of the egyptian parliamant is because they are the STRONGEST and most POPULAR political organization in Egypt....again i say i do not support them but they ARE NOT TERRORISTS/EXTREMISTS....they use FAIR ways in achieving their goals.....as for how they want to rule the country or how they want the country to be like...well all i gonna say is that the majority of the egyptians voted for them ( they alone have 49 percent of the parliamant seats ) so i guess that its the people of egypt's choice ...so ruled by islamic sharia or not is simply none of other countries' business........ ( no offense )

I don't like the Brotherhood but one must give them a chance to proof themselves. It's as you say, a majority voted for them. One must respect that. But the problem is : sharia law is contradictory to democracy. Sharia law is religios law and in a democracy you cannot enforce Islamic laws on people who practice another religion. When a person wants to live according to Sharia law, it's Ok but he may not enforce it upon others.

I disagree, if Sharia law was part of the Brotherhoods election platform then its implementation is democratic.

I disagree, if Sharia law was part of the Brotherhoods election platform then its implementation is democratic.

49% (their election result) cannot impose such laws on 51%. If I'm not mistaken they wanted a law based on Islam and not Sharia.

Oh bollocks, very few groups in multi-party elections get 50% if what you say was true New Zealand hasn't had a legitimate government in about 30 years.

Oh bollocks, very few groups in multi-party elections get 50% if what you say was true New Zealand hasn't had a legitimate government in about 30 years.

There's a difference between common laws and constitutional laws. Common laws normaly are applied with a majority of votes (like + 50%), constitutional laws need mostly a 2/3 approval.
I didn't say that if no political party achieves a 50% majority that the government is not legitimate. We were only talking about one party.
I can't think of one country with sharia law that is democratic.

Who cares, if I run for office on the platform of replacing democracy with a one man dictatorship and god with a flying spaghetti monster that requires a virgin sacrifice once a week and I get elected then I have a mandate to implement those policies.

If the people of Egypt want Islamic rule then that is their decision that is the whole point of democracy, the people have a right to make decisions good or bad.

I don't like the Brotherhood but one must give them a chance to proof themselves. It's as you say, a majority voted for them. One must respect that. But the problem is : sharia law is contradictory to democracy. Sharia law is religios law and in a democracy you cannot enforce Islamic laws on people who practice another religion. When a person wants to live according to Sharia law, it's Ok but he may not enforce it upon others.
first i would like you to know that sharia law ( whether u agree with it or not it aint the point ) is mainly based on the corner keystone of democrarcy which is justice.....the election of a president/parliamant/other government institutes gets along with the sharia principles...as for other religons in egypt ( mainly christians ) we don't enforce our law on them...they follow their church....(note: saying that sharia allows muslims to chopp thieves hands and etc isnt entirely true theirs ALOT related to that topic "punishment in sharia")
and just as you said..everyone deserves a chance so they won now and they got their chance...for me as an egyptian citizen my fingers are crossed so iam waiting 2 see wht they r gonna do

oh and yes the muslim brotherhood took 49 percent of the seats only yeah...but u are forgetting that their is other islamic parties....with the brotherhood they make up to 75 percent of the seats....thats three quarters ......

Who cares, if I run for office on the platform of replacing democracy with a one man dictatorship and god with a flying spaghetti monster that requires a virgin sacrifice once a week and I get elected then I have a mandate to implement those policies.

If the people of Egypt want Islamic rule then that is their decision that is the whole point of democracy, the people have a right to make decisions good or bad.

Once you get elected it is not a democracy anymore but a dictatorship.

If Egypt wants a democracy based on islamic culture I agree, if it is based on islamic laws I disabree because religion is something personal and has nothing to do with what other people want. Religion is a personal choice.

What the heck, right? It worked for Hitler...that whole, 'being democratically elected' thing, I mean. :sarc:

The one good thing about a monarchy/dictatorship is that you have no illusions, and no lies about who is doing what to you, because there can be no presumption of deflection of responsibility.

Back