mom forced me to go to rehab in high school

I both agree and vehemently disagree with Big Z's comments.

He is absolutely correct that each enlistment packet is unique. As is each recruiter. One may tell you, No way! while another may offer you a waiver and still a third will claim that your offense is irrelevant.

However, in this particular case, I disagree with "Listen to your recruiter." It isn't the recruiter's butt on the line. It isn't his name swearing on a federal document an affirmation of complete and honest disclosure. It isn't his discharge that will follow him all of his life. By telling you to keep facts hidden, he is instructing you to lie by omission. This has potentially dire consequences for you.

Get on the phone and call other recruiters. Don't tell them you have already discussed this issue with another recruiter, just tell them your tale and ask them if you are barred from enlistment. Call a dozen of them if you need to. If one tells you that you are eligible, ask him if you'll have to have a waiver. If he says no, then you can tell him about your other recruiter (don't tell him names or places, just the story) and ask why you are getting opposing stories.

Don't give up! But don't take a chance that will affect the entire rest of your life by trying to lie your way in.

YEAH whatever guy. Not only did my recruiter lie to me about army life, he also lied about my starting rank. I knew he was lieing from the beginning though and I didn't care. I wanted Infantry and thats it.

I don't know the last time you sat at the desk but its a new ballgame now a days. Just about all the guys i know had lieing recruiters. You remind me of an old squad leader whom I ran into on ft benning not too long ago. He was now a drill sergeant and took personnell offense to my comments about the new privates coming in and NOT KNOWING anything HAVING NO DICIPLINE and BEING HORRIBLE AT PT. Drills write guys off just like recruiters.

Thats fine though. Keep thinking you had an honorable job. All recruiters do is sell the army. they are salesman and your children are the product. I dont believe in the whole coming up to your door and harassing you. I wanted to join so I came to them thats how it should be.

sorry man theres the truth.

Back to the thread. YES RECRUITERS NEED TO MEET A QUOTO AND THEY WILL LIE FOR YOU TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY. the bad ones lie to you. but don't hate recruiters man, just be smart about it. alot of them are pretty good and like i said they are like lawyers.

so tell them whats up with you. im sure youre fine either way,.

The truth is that with your command of the language and spelling ability I don’t see how you could have passed the ASVAB without your recruiter cheating for you, so I stand corrected, apparently some recruiters lie.

oh sorry great one. sorry I didn't have time to attend college, take some english 101 classes and get a degree in liberal arts like yourself.

are you that dull? your argument is now out of gas so you must resort to that. well sir, I am done with you.

good day.:pirate:

oh sorry great one. sorry I didn't have time to attend college, take some english 101 classes and get a degree in liberal arts like yourself.

are you that dull? your argument is now out of gas so you must resort to that. well sir, I am done with you.

good day.:pirate:

By the way, Koponkof if you are still reading this, my degree is in History and I didn’t get the Bachelors until after I retired from the Army. Nor was my career “behind a desk”. You imply my job was less the “honorable“, I only did one tour on recruiting duty and I was not a volunteer. I was pulled, kicking and screaming, from a position in Spec. Ops at JFK Center, Ft Bragg. Besides Viet Nam I did multiple tours with Spec. Ops., in Korea and Germany, and one in Japan. I was on orders to the 1st Gulf War when it ended so swiftly.

I believe every computer has a spell checker, I use them a lot, so should you.

You are right, it has been almost 20 years since I retired and it is a different Army. Just as the Army I was drafted into was not the Army I retired from. But I know that if a trainee does not make it through Basic and AIT due to something the recruiter did wrong the recruiter does not get credit, in fact it is a negative mark against him and too many of them will get him disciplined. So lying does not often advantage the recruiter.

Also think about the recruit coming home to tell everyone he knows how the Army and his recruiter screwed him over. In no way would this help the recruiter, or the Army.

Back