Modern Civil War Yankees vs. Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTaFOOL82

If we had another civil war same states north versus south who would win. I dont know what we would be fighting over, but its hypothetical. Who do you think would win the Yankees, or the Jonny Rebs.

Im thinking the South because back in the 1800's both sides were both frontiersmen, lumberjacks, and outdoorsy types. Today the south still remains like that (at least in Texas :cowb:) "rednecks", but the north is all urbanized, or as some would say "pansies" or "city boys".

I dont know about northern versus southern military strength, but Texas has like 50 percent of all the U.S. military. Whadda you think?

hahas, we yankees really would own you southerns.. jus tlike in the 1850s

plus, we get the support of california, probaly, and since we are a democratic majority

btw, virginia's ours

The south: :9mm: :visor: :cowb: :stupid: :cheers: :drill:

THe yankees: :biggun: :flamer: :tank: :sniper: :m1: :CG: :camo:

Well, where has the population boom happened since 1864? Texas, Florida are the big boomers for population in the South. Most of the rest of it has not seen disproportionate gains. On the other hand, very few Northern States have NOT seen incredible growth population growth. Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine are the non-bigtime growers of the North. And then we have California. Because of the addition of Califormia (they were with the Union remember), the whole thing his very disfavorable for the South I'd say. Sure, the South may have a lot of military bases today, the population balance of today has tipped very heavily in favor of the North moreso than the South. The Industrial North is even more Industrial. At the same time, some of the South has seen substantial industrial development too.

More than anything, it would come down to numbers and production. I think the North would completely dominate the South on both.

We got all the bases, 3 air bases in San Antonio alone, and angry rednecks. Ya'll got superior industry, and people who dont own guns. It would be a close call to say the least. I think California's only threat would be numbers, but still 4 out of 5 southerners have a multiple rifles, scopes, and guns in general. Plus you cant run industry without fuel, and Texas/Gulf of Mexico could supply more than enough fuel for a war machine.

:cowb:

Psh, port authority of new york can handel twice as much as houston can, transporting fuel from the medertaeran.., anyways, the north has most of the us carrier groups: bases in everest, san diego, new york, norfolk.

THe north also has the * brains of the military, namely annepolis naval academy and west point military academy... so u have rednecks charging at us, we will use superior tech and sterategy to own u..

anyways, we've got our backer canada, where we wont go hungry thanks to canadian beef(wheat

hahas, uve got mexico, which is still ecnomically crippled

Are you kidding me, of course the New York port authority can handle more its near the ocean. Houston is in the middle of the hill country. Houston isnt all we have, Florida, and all the other states with ocean front. I dont think it would be that big of a Naval war if it was a civil war.

As far as brains go, is there some kind of state line you cross in the south where you automatically turn dumb. I didnt think so, the south is just as smart as the north except our people have guns, know how to fight, and know how to shoot.

:cowb:

The South also learned a lessn, with the exception of California Texas has the most in service men. The South also has a large percent of the navy and alot of th airfroce. The South also has figured out how to take DC.

and remember. the North needs the South, The South can live with out those Yanks and thier enviroment breaking Industries, The North however needs Orange Juice,Milk and Grains.

Plus if a Cival war happens Wal Mart is bases in Alabama so if a Cival war happens The South has the the worlds strongest coporation. :lol:

hahas, new york, boston, philidolphia, and other ecomomic districts has more businese man wiling to give off some bread for the *war, anyways, new york has the stock exchange, in which controls the country's finicinal wealth.

Navy is very improtant, an aircraft carrier could do alot of damage to ground troops, navy ships are very good nowadays agnist ground u8nits

actually, i think the graduation rate in a county in texas was;....40%???/

the north is definetly smarter than the south, we have all the good universities and scholars.. last time ive heard of some southern university was when i saw a school registartion... the university of alabama only required half of what the university of washington offers..... and univ of washington is pretty s :cen: tty

the north has better inferstrufture, lined with intense interstate systems, and our rappers will give support to our troops...

the combined ports of the south( new orleans, houston, florida, mobile bay ) cant handle as much as ( new york, boston, washington, baltimore, philidolphia, northfolk, portland, new jersey, atlantic city, bridgeport) can handel..

Maryland and Virgina would of course be on the Southern side, last time Marlyland was forced into the Border states. Also remeber the Wal mart Coporation makes up 2.3% of the US economy , more than any other company. Also alot of the 'Last' are left in the South when it comes to production. Plus we have control of most of the major tv stations cause Turner is located in Atlanta. So we would have control of the AOL Time Warner Stations. We would also have control of a large part of the Republican vote wich meens a Democrat would be elected if the war did take place and elections where held.

Remeber South Carolina did it once and we would LOVE to do it agian.

All I gotta say too 2ndshock is that your grammar skills prove who's the smarter of the two, haha. Our rappers can support our troops, get real. I dont even want to count all your mistakes.

I know where you got the 40% stat. 40% is the number of how many Hispanic people drop out of high school in Texas. We're right on the border so of course our numbers will be higher. :cowb:

ActaFool, how are you going to say that because we live in cities that we are "pansies". I live in Chicago. I would bet the world that anybody from my neighboehood can take the toughest person the South has to offer. And it works to our advantage that we live in cities. Its the 21st century people, wars are only going to be fought in urban areas. No country bumpkin can find his way through the streets of Chicago or any other city for that matter.

Just some facts for you also. There is a stereotype that northerners are smarter than southerners. While this may not apply for each individual it is true when you add up the facts. Illinois, best education system in the country besides Massachsets. Illinois, more nuclear power plants here than in the rest of the country combined. You need nuclear energy to fight a war. Illinois,has one of the strongest economies out of all the states.

And whoever said that the North would need food supplies from the South is terribly wrong. When you get out of the big cities in the Midwest all you have is corn,cows,etc. Also, when you look at all the nations best universities they are all located in the North. How many Ivy League schools are in the South?!

FYI:Chicago is home to the Greatlakes naval academy.

The South has Hydro Electric Power in an Abundance. Plus If The South Went to War mexico would probably help out since a large number of mexicans Live in Texas,Florida,Georgia,South Carolina, and Alabama. and rember education doesn't help in war. You may be able to use big words but all that realy matter is the fact that the us in the south can use big guns.

Plus In the North almost no one owns a gun. Here in the South we own guns that shouldn't even be legal. So You may have your education but we got our weapons, and that all that matters in a war.

Remeber also, Germany was the Industrial power in World War 2 and old backwater America and Russia...well you know what happend thier.

who needs guns when we have the carrier grounps???

maryland belongs to the north, it was the north's during the civil war and it will be for the next one.. hahas, 80% didnt vote for bush in DC, just like the rest of the cities

why u rural ppl like bush?? just cuz hes a texan cowboy with the intellligence of a regular redneck and hes always talking about war??

anyways, the cities are far better than ur southern state's empyt ground, if u were fighting aginist us, we would own you because we are urban fighters, in the city u will be owned because of the stalingrad experience

DOnt forget that shooting skills doesnt seem to count too much in urban grounds when we yanks have machineguns and grenades

hahas, thats a bit to deep

btw, my grammar has nothing to do with this, im typing really really fast because im too busy and have only a couple minutes to do the forum

:eek:fftopic:
CRUNKER said:
why u rural ppl like bush?? just cuz hes a texan cowboy with the intellligence of a regular redneck and hes always talking about war??
Simply put, the Democrats don't know what the hell they are doing on most of the matters relevant to rural America. On foreign policy ... well Democrats come across as pussies to much of Rural America. Still, you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT win an election in the USA entirely on winning Rural alone -- you have to do reasonably well in the cities too.

CRUNKER said:
anyways, the cities are far better than ur southern state's empyt ground, if u were fighting aginist us, we would own you because we are urban fighters, in the city u will be owned because of the stalingrad experience
Pointless comparison, but anybody stupid enough invade the United States will find out very quickly -- a citizenry with lots of privately owned guns is a pain in the ass to try to control -- and rural America would be a much bigger problem on that score.

DOnt forget that shooting skills doesnt seem to count too much in urban grounds when we yanks have machineguns and grenades
HEAVILY dependent on the situation.

We got most of the atlantic fleet in Virgina, Look at it like this, I Own as many guns as my age. I am 14. ....No one has ever counted how many guns my dad personly owns.

Its not the amount of guns we have, thats just an advantage.

Its that many pre teen, and teenage southern boys and girls can shoot awesomely. 90% of the kids at my school have guns (deer rifles, assualt rifles, shotguns, pistols), and they all regularly go hunting (conventional, and nonconventional hunting), and to the range. Thats just kids, I try to go to the range with my friends at least once a month.

You cant overlook experience, we got more than enough of it in the south. :cowb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back