MLB Postseason - Page 5

Read more about They were ONE OUT AWAY..... *sobs uncontrollably* Well, go Phillies I suppose... *sigh*

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

October 21st, 2009   #41
Team Infidel

exactly.... it was good to wake up here in Iraq to watch the last three innings.

--
October 21st, 2009   #42
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Welcome to the new world, merchandising is a huge sourse of revenvue for the Yanks. As a matter of fact, the Team is run by two brothers Hank and Hal Stienbrenner, Hank runs the club and Hal is specifically responsible of all the merchandising. Thats how important its become. And the old Yankee Stadium simply could not offer what the newer baseball stadiums elsewhere could.

Furthermore there comes a point when a eighty year old building outlives its usefulness. Yankee Stadium is an enormous complex, its very difficult to keep a large and old building intact for so long.

Im sad, but change is a part of life. I am sure the new Yankee Stadium will be the home for the next generation of Bronx Bombers
Merchandise is big for the Red Sox too, but they kept Fenway, an older stadium. And it's not like the Yankees are just completely strapped for cash.

I hate to quote a satirical new source, but The Onion gets it right with this: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27828 Just imagine if that happened, that Congress moved because they didn't like the Capitol. Well, Yankee Stadium is Major League Baseball's Capitol Building. Drafty or not, it's something that should be renovated and rerenovated until the end of time, never replaced.

It's quite possible that Hank Steinbrenner is an even bigger *ss than his father. He's approaching Art Modell's level now.

I'm the bleeding heart liberal your mother warned you about.

October 22nd, 2009   #43
Sevens

I agree wit you, TOG. A landmark like Yankee Stadium should be preserved. If it was falling apart to the point they could no longer safely use it, and it was to the point where they couldn't re-renovate it any further, then close it, but don't tear it down. Save it for the tourists. It was one of the first things we (my ex and I) went to see our first time in New York. I have at least a dozen pictures of us standing in front of it, and of just the stadium itself. I hate the Yankees, but c'mon. As TOG so eloquently put it, "Major League Baseball's Capitol Building." It was like a shrine among sports stadiums.

Not liking me will always be your problem. Never mine.

October 22nd, 2009   #44
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens
I hate the Yankees, but c'mon. As TOG so eloquently put it, "Major League Baseball's Capitol Building." It was like a shrine among sports stadiums.
But still, Yankees suck! They got no class at all.

"It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle." - Norman Schwarskopf, Commander of Desert Storm Operations

October 22nd, 2009   #45
Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22

Oh I agree. I hate them. Although I will say that Jeter is HOT!!!!!!

October 22nd, 2009   #46
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
I hate them like poison, but their stadium was pretty awesome.

October 22nd, 2009   #47
Sevens

So many Yankee haters out there.....I don't feel so alone anymore!!!!!

October 23rd, 2009   #48
Mighty Mouse

They don't suck anywhere near as bad Red Sux.

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
~ Plato

October 23rd, 2009   #49
Sevens

You just hush, Mighty Mouse!!!!

October 23rd, 2009   #50
Rob Henderson

What was that about "Yankees win," gentlemen?

Tags
dodgers, mine, postseason, winning, world