MLB Postseason

Welcome to the new world, merchandising is a huge sourse of revenvue for the Yanks. As a matter of fact, the Team is run by two brothers Hank and Hal Stienbrenner, Hank runs the club and Hal is specifically responsible of all the merchandising. Thats how important its become. And the old Yankee Stadium simply could not offer what the newer baseball stadiums elsewhere could.

Furthermore there comes a point when a eighty year old building outlives its usefulness. Yankee Stadium is an enormous complex, its very difficult to keep a large and old building intact for so long.

Im sad, but change is a part of life. I am sure the new Yankee Stadium will be the home for the next generation of Bronx Bombers
Merchandise is big for the Red Sox too, but they kept Fenway, an older stadium. And it's not like the Yankees are just completely strapped for cash.

I hate to quote a satirical new source, but The Onion gets it right with this: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27828 Just imagine if that happened, that Congress moved because they didn't like the Capitol. Well, Yankee Stadium is Major League Baseball's Capitol Building. Drafty or not, it's something that should be renovated and rerenovated until the end of time, never replaced.

It's quite possible that Hank Steinbrenner is an even bigger *ss than his father. He's approaching Art Modell's level now.

I agree wit you, TOG. A landmark like Yankee Stadium should be preserved. If it was falling apart to the point they could no longer safely use it, and it was to the point where they couldn't re-renovate it any further, then close it, but don't tear it down. Save it for the tourists. It was one of the first things we (my ex and I) went to see our first time in New York. I have at least a dozen pictures of us standing in front of it, and of just the stadium itself. I hate the Yankees, but c'mon. As TOG so eloquently put it, "Major League Baseball's Capitol Building." It was like a shrine among sports stadiums.

At the very least I want the halos to take it to Game 7, because I want the Yankees to use up Sabbathia if they do win.

In other news, if that doesn't happen, which former Indians pitcher will win game 1? :bang:

Sorry about your luck, but there will be no game 7, no Torre and no Manny in the WS this year! Who'd have thunk it? I would have liked to see Manny and Torre beaten like a rented mule though. I have nothing against the Phils other than they stand in the way of the Yankee's 27th WS pennant. This should be a good series, for Yankees fans anyway :thumb:

Back