MLB Postseason - Page 3


Read more about They were ONE OUT AWAY..... *sobs uncontrollably* Well, go Phillies I suppose... *sigh*


  International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

 
October 16th, 2009   #21
tomtom22
 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens
Just like BSU, LSU, and pretty much every NBA team, I will never view the Yankees as anything worth wasting time on no matter how good or bad they play. But that's just me.
Oh no, it's not just you, there are legions of yankee-haters out there.


"It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle." - Norman Schwarskopf, Commander of Desert Storm Operations
 
--
October 16th, 2009   #22
Sevens
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
Oh no, it's not just you, there are legions of yankee-haters out there.

Yeah, we're called "Red Sox Fans."


Not liking me will always be your problem. Never mine.
 
October 16th, 2009   #23
The Other Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens
Yeah, we're called "Red Sox Fans."
Mostly everyone hates the Red Sox too.

Why couldn't you have won once and disappeared for another 86 years?


I'm the bleeding heart liberal your mother warned you about.
 
October 16th, 2009   #24
Fox
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
Mostly everyone hates the Red Sox too.

Why couldn't you have won once and disappeared for another 86 years?

It was the curse of the Bambino.


I shall return-

General Douglas MacArthur
 
October 17th, 2009   #25
Sevens
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
Mostly everyone hates the Red Sox too.

True enough, I suppose. LOL
 
October 19th, 2009   #26
mmarsh
 
 
I suppose it be a rude thing to do to mention that the Yanks are 2-0 so far in their series against the Angels, and that they are closing in on their 27th World Series win.

Yeah, I'd be a real jerk to do so. .


"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat situation excellent. I shall attack." -Foch

I am from NYC. I fly a French flag because I work in Paris.
 
October 19th, 2009   #27
The Other Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
I suppose it be a rude thing to do to mention that the Yanks are 2-0 so far in their series against the Angels, and that they are closing in on their 27th World Series win.

Yeah, I'd be a real jerk to do so. .
Ah, go buy yourself a sock with all that money and stuff it down yer throat.

Are you at least pissed off that they left Yankee Stadium?
 
October 19th, 2009   #28
Sevens
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
Are you at least pissed off that they left Yankee Stadium?

*waves hand* I am!!! I hate the Yankees, but back in the day.....DiMaggio, Berra, Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig.......They had some of the best players.
 
October 19th, 2009   #29
The Other Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens
*waves hand* I am!!! I hate the Yankees, but back in the day.....DiMaggio, Berra, Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig.......They had some of the best players.
Yup; but now the only reason to even remotely respect that franchise is gone. Yankee Stadium was to baseball what The Vatican is to Catholicism. It's the most easily identifiable place in the sport, more than Wrigley or Fenway or Tiger Stadium or Comiskey Park or any other now-gone Stadium. And it wasn't good enough for the Yankees.
 
October 20th, 2009   #30
Sevens
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
And it wasn't good enough for the Yankees.
'Twas a great stadium, even today. Definitely worth renovating and saving. But noooooooooooooo. Because the Yankees and their owner are just too big for their britches. Idiots.
 



Tags
dodgers, mine, postseason, winning, world

Similar Topics
Dice-K, Red Sox Open MLB Season in Tokyo
Yanks' Bug Spray Among MLB Auction Items
Report: MLB Meets With DAs in Albany, NY
Defector Perez resumes MLB dream
MLB plans to open office in China