MLB Postseason

Just like BSU, LSU, and pretty much every NBA team, I will never view the Yankees as anything worth wasting time on no matter how good or bad they play. But that's just me. ;)

Oh no, it's not just you, there are legions of yankee-haters out there.

I suppose it be a rude thing to do to mention that the Yanks are 2-0 so far in their series against the Angels, and that they are closing in on their 27th World Series win.

Yeah, I'd be a real jerk to do so. :mrgreen:.

I suppose it be a rude thing to do to mention that the Yanks are 2-0 so far in their series against the Angels, and that they are closing in on their 27th World Series win.

Yeah, I'd be a real jerk to do so. :mrgreen:.
Ah, go buy yourself a sock with all that money and stuff it down yer throat. :smile:

Are you at least pissed off that they left Yankee Stadium?

*waves hand* I am!!! I hate the Yankees, but back in the day.....DiMaggio, Berra, Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig.......They had some of the best players.
Yup; but now the only reason to even remotely respect that franchise is gone. Yankee Stadium was to baseball what The Vatican is to Catholicism. It's the most easily identifiable place in the sport, more than Wrigley or Fenway or Tiger Stadium or Comiskey Park or any other now-gone Stadium. And it wasn't good enough for the Yankees.

I know, Rob. I know. :crybaby:

Thank God I have football to watch since the World Series is going to suck. ;)

It'll still be a good series... I just really wanted to see Torre stick it to the Yankees... *sigh*

As for pro football... I'm sorta neutral on it... The Titans are close to home, but they suck. The Falcons are doing alright, so I'm rootin for them... Lions (Matt Stafford) are suckin the big one... As usual, so I can't really be happy for them... And the Broncos (Knowshon Moreno) are doing well, but not with Knowshon. LOL

Ah, go buy yourself a sock with all that money and stuff it down yer throat. :smile:

Are you at least pissed off that they left Yankee Stadium?

Not really, Yankee Stadium was not the original statium. The first "Yankee Statium" was called the "Polo Grounds", and they bulldozed that in the early 1920s without hesitation.

Nor was the current Statium in its original configuration when Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig played. Yankee has been modified+remodelled many times since.

I had been to Yankee Statium many, many, times. I have to say it needed to go. It was old, and it was starting to fall apart, fans had been injured due to falling debris from the roof. Although the new stadium holds fewer seats the facilities are significantly better. More parking, resturants, stores, bigger lockerooms, State-of-the-Art-Scoreboard etc. It can also be converted for other events other than baseball, something the original stadium could not do.

All right, Mr. Smarty. When you put it that way......LOL But I was still saddened to see Yankee Stadium go, original or not. :)

Not really, Yankee Stadium was not the original statium. The first "Yankee Statium" was called the "Polo Grounds", and they bulldozed that in the early 1920s without hesitation.

Nor was the current Statium in its original configuration when Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig played. Yankee has been modified+remodelled many times since.

I had been to Yankee Statium many, many, times. I have to say it needed to go. It was old, and it was starting to fall apart, fans had been injured due to falling debris from the roof. Although the new stadium holds fewer seats the facilities are significantly better. More parking, resturants, stores, bigger lockerooms, State-of-the-Art-Scoreboard etc. It can also be converted for other events other than baseball, something the original stadium could not do.
Gettysburg Battlefield doesn't look exactly like it did when Lincoln was there after the battle, but it's still Gettysburg, and wouldn't be the same if it was moved somewhere else. Wrigley Field had some issues with "falling apart" (which I saw firsthand, it was pretty bad), and you know what they did? They did this amazing thing called "repair work", where instead of replacing the entire thing they just fixed the broken parts! AMAZING.

Restaurants? Stores? Is this the mall or the ballpark? I don't go there to shop, I go there to see baseball. And multipurpose capabilities with great new amenities were among the finest features of Riverfront Stadium, Veterans Stadium, Busch Memorial Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Fulton County Stadium, and the Astrodome. But that didn't make them better places to watch baseball than the stadiums the first four mentioned replaced.

Yankee Stadium was The House That Ruth Built. It doesn't matter if there's a bigger, shinier place next door, it's still the most famous park in baseball. In a few years, they're going to do the same thing to it that the White Sox did to old Comiskey; quietly obliterate it once everybody has forgotten.

The first home run in the new stadium may have hit Babe Ruth's monument in the ultimate passing of the torch, had it not been for the netting protecting the marble monuments from cork and rubber baseballs. The mystique is gone.

Gettysburg Battlefield doesn't look exactly like it did when Lincoln was there after the battle, but it's still Gettysburg, and wouldn't be the same if it was moved somewhere else. Wrigley Field had some issues with "falling apart" (which I saw firsthand, it was pretty bad), and you know what they did? They did this amazing thing called "repair work", where instead of replacing the entire thing they just fixed the broken parts! AMAZING.

Much better to have an old stadium than a baseball team that can play?
What would truely be amazing would be the Cubs winning a world series.
Yankee Stadium was The House That Ruth Built. It doesn't matter if there's a bigger, shinier place next door, it's still the most famous park in baseball. In a few years, they're going to do the same thing to it that the White Sox did to old Comiskey; quietly obliterate it once everybody has forgotten.

It is a myth that Babe Ruth actually built the stadium.

They should have got rid of the team as well as the stadium.:)

P. S. I am not a Yankee's fan.

Restaurants? Stores? Is this the mall or the ballpark? I don't go there to shop, I go there to see baseball. And multipurpose capabilities with great new amenities were among the finest features of Riverfront Stadium, Veterans Stadium, Busch Memorial Stadium, Three Rivers Stadium, Fulton County Stadium, and the Astrodome. But that didn't make them better places to watch baseball than the stadiums the first four mentioned replaced.

The first home run in the new stadium may have hit Babe Ruth's monument in the ultimate passing of the torch, had it not been for the netting protecting the marble monuments from cork and rubber baseballs. The mystique is gone.

Welcome to the new world, merchandising is a huge sourse of revenvue for the Yanks. As a matter of fact, the Team is run by two brothers Hank and Hal Stienbrenner, Hank runs the club and Hal is specifically responsible of all the merchandising. Thats how important its become. And the old Yankee Stadium simply could not offer what the newer baseball stadiums elsewhere could.

Furthermore there comes a point when a eighty year old building outlives its usefulness. Yankee Stadium is an enormous complex, its very difficult to keep a large and old building intact for so long.

Im sad, but change is a part of life. I am sure the new Yankee Stadium will be the home for the next generation of Bronx Bombers

Last edited:
Ttttttthhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee YANKEES WIN!!!

Now TI, we must remember to be gracious winners...

Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!
Yanks Win!

You see just like me! :mrgreen: