McCain chooses Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for V.P. - Page 4

Read more about Originally Posted by mmarsh To All Suppose the president were to die in office, which VP is better qualified tp be POTUS? Palin or Biden? Look at the resumes its not even

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

August 30th, 2008   #31
AikiRooster

McCain/Palin 08.

Anger itself does more harm than the condition which aroused anger.
- Samurai maxim

-
August 30th, 2008   #32
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
I don't think McCain's in poor health.
The man has had several bouts of malignant melanoma (thats the most dangerous form of skin cancer) he has had heart issues, his body is still damaged from his 6 years of torture, hes about to take the most stressful job in the world, and hes already 72 years old.

Other than that, he's in fine health.

Incidentally my own father is 72, never had a single health issue and personally thinks McCain is too old and infirm to be President.

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat situation excellent. I shall attack." -Foch

I am from NYC. I fly a French flag because I work in Paris.

August 30th, 2008   #33
AikiRooster

And? I know plenty of old folks who love him and want him to be President.
McCain/Palin 08.

August 30th, 2008   #34
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh

The Other Guy summed it up best, its a choice of the Wild Card or the status quo, and the status quo sucks. I think we all agree on that.

And If Obama screws up then we will pick someone else in 2012, but there is no way I am voting for another 4 more years, not after the last 8. There is already a chance that the damage Bush caused is permanent, we really don't need the situation any worse.

In a lot of ways radical change can be as bad as the status quo though, I think McCain is significantly different enough from Bush to move things in the right direction although not at any real pace (which isnt necessarily a bad thing) however I don't like his chances of surviving an 8 year presidency and I don't see the point in supporting a 4 year candidate so in this case you really need to determine whether his choice in VP is the person you want for a president.

Personally like many outsiders in the election I really don't care who gets elected as I suspect much of the world will simply breath a sigh of relief that Bush has gone.

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire 1694-1778

August 30th, 2008   #35
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
McCain/Palin 08.
If you're just going to repeat the same thing on every thread, shouldn't you just put it in your signature and save yourself the trouble?

I'm the bleeding heart liberal your mother warned you about.

August 30th, 2008   #36
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
In a lot of ways radical change can be as bad as the status quo though, I think McCain is significantly different enough from Bush to move things in the right direction although not at any real pace (which isnt necessarily a bad thing) however I don't like his chances of surviving an 8 year presidency and I don't see the point in supporting a 4 year candidate so in this case you really need to determine whether his choice in VP is the person you want for a president.

Personally like many outsiders in the election I really don't care who gets elected as I suspect much of the world will simply breath a sigh of relief that Bush has gone.
In what way? The only differences I see in John McCain and Bush is personality. McCain is smarter, not as arrogant, nasty, ignorant, and more competent than Bush.

However on the issues They agree on all major issues including Iraq, the economy, immigration, foreign affairs, social security, healthcare, support for big business, economy, etc

Since 2000, Senator McCain voted with Bush 95 PERCENT of the time.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec...oted_with.html

Not that much of a difference in reality. Bush might be gone in January but his ideas wont be. Trust you will not get that breathe of fresh air under McCain. Better than Bush? yes but not by much

AikiRooster

Thats probably because they have heard his idea to privatize social security exactly like Bush tried and failed to do. The moment the subject comes up this election every SS recipient over 65 becomes a Obama supporter. Bush fell on his face when he tried to do the samething.

Last edited by mmarsh; August 30th, 2008 at 22:28..

August 30th, 2008   #37
MontyB

Quote:
In what way? The only differences I see in John McCain and Bush is personality. McCain is smarter, not as arrogant, nasty, ignorant, and more competent than Bush.
So by electing him you will end up with more competent, intelligent and personable president than you currently have which can't be a bad thing or you can get an unknown quantity in the form of Obama (this doesn't make him good or bad).

August 30th, 2008   #38
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
So by electing him you will end up with more competent, intelligent and personable president than you currently have which can't be a bad thing or you can get an unknown quantity in the form of Obama (this doesn't make him good or bad).
On the question of personality; Obama has a better reputation. Even Republicans will admit McCain is not easy to get along with. His fits of rage on the senate floor are well documented. Is McCain better than Bush? YES; but as I said that bar is very low and anybody here could pass it.

But personality is not the all important question. LBJ and Nixon were known as mean SOBs but were good presidents. The question is issues. Obama ideas are untried and unknown, McCains ideas are well known, well tried and have consistently failed, especially the economic ones.

To All

Suppose the president were to die in office, which VP is better qualified tp be POTUS? Palin or Biden? Look at the resumes its not even close. Palin has less experience than Obama and Biden has more experience than McCain

Last edited by mmarsh; August 30th, 2008 at 23:00..

August 30th, 2008   #39
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
If you're just going to repeat the same thing on every thread, shouldn't you just put it in your signature and save yourself the trouble?
Heh,heh, I'm watching this with great amusement, but I think we might have to get Redleg to get some blood gutters dug around the site if McCain falls on his butt.

Personally I don't think it will happen, but if it does some people are going to fall hard.

"I am totally responsible for what I write,... however I cannot be held responsible for your complete inability to understand"

August 30th, 2008   #40
MontyB

Quote:
On the question of personality; Obama has a better reputation. Even Republicans will admit McCain is not easy to get along with. His fits of rage on the senate floor are well documented. Is McCain better than Bush? YES; but as I said that bar is very low and anybody here could pass it.
In terms of a foreign view point we don't really care about either of them domestically they can run the US economy into the ground for all we care they only important factor outside the US is whether they can be worked with on foreign affairs and to be honest compared to the current bunch I think either candidate will be a huge improvement.

From a world point of view I think it fair to say that the majority only cares that Bush leaves office because I doubt that in terms of foreign affairs you could possibly elect anyone worse.

However if I was looking at this from a domestic point of view I would be wary of Obama simply because he is an unknown quantity and sometimes the old adage of better the devil you know applies but that being said I do think McCain is too old to last 8 years in office which is why I said in the original post that in voting for McCain you also have to consider how well his VP choice will do in the role of president in necessary and if you don't believe they can do the job then you would have to seriously question voting for McCain.

Tags
alaska, election 08, gov, mccain, palin