Marriage Before or After Bootcamp?

Redcell

Hello Laidies and Gents, Its been a while since Ive posted anything or visited the site but I'm Back. I have a question for everybody here. I am enlisting in the Marine Corps and everything is going great. My girlfriend and I were talking about what would be best as far as getting married would go and I thought you guys could help. She wants to get hitched before I leave for boot if we can and if not right after. I would like to be at least an E-5 and have at least one deployment. We are looking for a compromise and I am looking for advice. We dont know exactly how serious we are about getting married but the topic keeps popping up and we feel it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

Thanks A Bunch- Redcell

I would say wait for sure. The military has a funny way of changing personal priorities around.

Don't get married until you've settled into your military life and your partner is also settled and both of you are fine with the current arrangements.
Never count on the next move or whatever being better.

Don't get married until you are a Sergeant. You can't support your family and you will be a hurt locker.

Back