M-65 Field jacket insignia place

About M-65 Field jacket insignia place

International Military Forums > Military Discussion Forums > Military Collectors Corner and Reenactment
User Name
Password

October 21st, 2004   #1
Marksman

M-65 Field jacket insignia place info

So i have this good ol' 1978 M-65 field jacket,and i got some insignias from a good friend,and i was wondering where to put 101st airborne's patch on it,been searching the internet but it was an dead end

looking forward to ur help

--
December 24th, 2004   #2
Charge 7

Most vets hate seeing patches on people not in uniform. Wearing 101st Screaming Eagles patch in some places of the US is likely to get your face re-arranged should you show up here. However, as you're overseas you could likely get away with it. If you must do so, put it an inch down from the top of the left shoulder which signifies being in the unit. As that's something you haven't done, I'm at a loss as to why you'd want to say you were. Putting it on the right shoulder signifies you fought in combat with that unit. Putting the patch there would be the height of disrespect.

"Do not forget your dogs of war, your big guns, which are the most-to-be respected arguments of the rights of kings."

- Frederick the Great, King of Prussia

December 29th, 2004   #3
Turner

it sould be on your left soulder and rank sould be on right and name tag go on top of you pucket and your severs (navy,army.mariens,or some other cadet thing) then you just have to buy you us and cap or something like that

December 29th, 2004   #4
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner
it sould be on your left soulder and rank sould be on right and name tag go on top of you pucket and your severs (navy,army.mariens,or some other cadet thing) then you just have to buy you us and cap or something like that
Aside from the question having been addressed as to patch placement, by a 22 year veteran of the Army and needing no further explanation.

Wrong.

Name Tape - above right pocket
Branch Tape- Above Left Pocket
Rank Insignia- On collar points Enlisted, On epaulets for officers.

Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison

We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.

Semper Fi !

December 29th, 2004   #5
Turner

then how do you put PVT it on your collor and the US sould be on you collor

December 29th, 2004   #6
03USMC

If you are a private E1 you have no insignia. If you have no insignia you don't have to worry about it's placement. 'kay.

December 30th, 2004   #7
Turner

that is the mariens i am talking about the army and if you are a PFC then you have a stripe

December 30th, 2004   #8
03USMC

Actually no. In the Army a Private E-1 has no stripe, A Private E-2 has 1 Stripe and a Private First Class E-3 has a Stripe with a Rocker AKA a Hersheys Kiss.

December 30th, 2004   #9
Turner

ok then you can take because you in the were in the mariens when i join i come and type and see if you right

December 30th, 2004   #10
Redleg

I would seriously advice you to listen to members who have a LOT more experience than you Turner, or you can find somewhere else to spend your time!

You can read this if you want to learn about the different US Rank insignia:
http://www.military-quotes.com/military-rank.htm