M-65 Field jacket insignia place

Marksman

So i have this good ol' 1978 M-65 field jacket,and i got some insignias from a good friend,and i was wondering where to put 101st airborne's patch on it,been searching the internet but it was an dead end

looking forward to ur help

Most vets hate seeing patches on people not in uniform. Wearing 101st Screaming Eagles patch in some places of the US is likely to get your face re-arranged should you show up here. However, as you're overseas you could likely get away with it. If you must do so, put it an inch down from the top of the left shoulder which signifies being in the unit. As that's something you haven't done, I'm at a loss as to why you'd want to say you were. Putting it on the right shoulder signifies you fought in combat with that unit. Putting the patch there would be the height of disrespect.

it sould be on your left soulder and rank sould be on right and name tag go on top of you pucket and your severs (navy,army.mariens,or some other cadet thing) then you just have to buy you us and cap or something like that

Turner said:
it sould be on your left soulder and rank sould be on right and name tag go on top of you pucket and your severs (navy,army.mariens,or some other cadet thing) then you just have to buy you us and cap or something like that

Aside from the question having been addressed as to patch placement, by a 22 year veteran of the Army and needing no further explanation.

Wrong.

Name Tape - above right pocket
Branch Tape- Above Left Pocket
Rank Insignia- On collar points Enlisted, On epaulets for officers.

If you are a private E1 you have no insignia. If you have no insignia you don't have to worry about it's placement. 'kay.

Actually no. In the Army a Private E-1 has no stripe, A Private E-2 has 1 Stripe and a Private First Class E-3 has a Stripe with a Rocker AKA a Hersheys Kiss.

ok then you can take because you in the were in the mariens when i join i come and type and see if you right

If I remember correctly for US Army rank insignia on non class A uniform on the collar, it is centered on the point of the lapel and the bottom part of the insignia is no more than 1" up from the point of the lapel. It may have changed in 16 years. though.

When I was in the Army, you were a slick sleeve until E-3 which was PFC, Private First Class. There was no rockers until you were an E-6.

This is pretty much what I've been googling for. I have a field jacket and found a 108th airborne acu patch at goodwill. so now I know where to put it.

Back