looking for CIOS-Reports

Hi,

I hope that someone can help me in here. I´m looking for CIOS- and BIOS-Reports on underground manufacturing facilities of Germany between 1943 and 1944 for the following objects at Porta Westfalica region :

- Underground Lubricating Oil Plant with codename "Dachs I"

- Underground Aircraft factories with codenames "Elritze"

- Underground factory for gun parts with codename "Krote I"

- Underground Ammonition Factory with codename "Silberfisch"

- Underground Electronic Parts factory with codename "Stohr I"

- Undergroung "Panzerfaust" factory with codename "Stohr II"

Where - besides the web - could I probably find those reports or other information about those manufacturing plants and others in that region, such as "Pottwal" and "Barsch"

T.G.I.

Hi grill:

it might help if you would tell some of the readers what CIOS and BIOS terms mean...some of the folks might know the information you need under different names... :D

Yes Mark....guess you´re right. :D

So here it comes :

- BIOS stands for "British Intelligence Objectives Sub-Committee".

- CIOS stands for "Combined Intelligence Objectives Sub-Committee"

What I´m asking for are allied reports from the end of WW2, when allied forces examined the german manufacturing plants. My special interest is placed on underground facilities in the Porta-Westfalica area such as "Dachs I". The problem is, that facts come out very rare about these facilities when you try to search german archieves. Only a few reports were found.

What I´m looking for , are old photos, maps and air surveillance photographs of 1943 and 1944. That may help to recover the original view of inside those facilities by the end of war. The problem is, that most of the facilities have been blasted by the end of war.

wackel_Treppe.jpg

Picture shows stairway inside of lubricating oil plant "Dachs I" leading to the upper alley of the factory.

T.G.I.

Back