|November 15th, 2004||#1|
| || |
Someone did a research on Goth-rockers over here in sweden, A Gothrocker is often a youngster dressed in black and with black hair and the person is often confused and listens to Marilyn Manson and he/she thinks about becoming a satanist. A Goth-rockers biggest interest is to sit on cafés and discuss politics with there equals, they cut themselfe with raizors on their wrists and on other parts of their body but not to deep.
They really want to feel special and unik but they cant because their friends looks all the same, they want to arouse as much attention that is possible and to shock as many as possible... That doesnt work to good either because Alice Cooper did almost everything that Marilyn Manson does today. A Gothrockers largest problem consist in that they are childrens of a divorced family, without any real contact with any of their parents, dad moved away to another city and made a new family. Goth-rockers has very seldom any to model themselves on and they really dont know what they want, but Marilyn Manson seems to know what he wants so they follows him. "Lemmings™ that old game will come out in a new version to christmas, there you lead a group of Goth-rockers through lifehoods all dangerous obsticles and bring them home to the happy family."
Col. Meyers: What\'s your assessment of this situation, Gunny?
Highway: It\'s a cluster ****, sir. Marines shouldn\'t be sitting on their sorry asses filling out requisitions for equipment they should already have.
Col. Meyers: An astute observation.
|November 16th, 2004||#3|
| || |
pretty stupid thing to say Snauhi, if you ask me
my cousin went overseas, on exchange for 12 months. she got put in with a really bad family who didn't treat her great and she didn't have a good enough grasp of the language. this resulted in her getting a bit messsed up.
when she got back, she went through different phases. at one stage she was goth, skater, punk and a couple of others, but all the time, she was still the same person who had left.
what i guess im trying to say is,
a) dont judge people by thier appearances, get to know them as a person before judging them
b) dont group people all together. often groups follow the 1% rule, 1% give the other 99% a bad name
please, be tolerant, it will make the world better
|November 16th, 2004||#5|
| || |
a lot of symbols, thanks to over use and misrepresentation in the media have lost thier meaning or have had it distorted. while yes wearing the cross like that is bad, it would be interesting to see if they know what it stands for, or whether they just did it because they saw thier friends do the same thing.
again, if you talk to them and get to know them, a lot of people, despite some odd looks, are really great people, who knows, u may be able to explain to them what the cross represents to many
|November 16th, 2004||#6|
| || |
|November 16th, 2004||#7|
| || |
Well I got a friend that works with net-work installments and when he visited one of our major mental hospitals he meet one of the inmates but he didn´t know that he was one of swedens biggest serial killers in our history and he was a nice guy too. He got an IQ that would make me look
mentally retarded without any question. My point is that there is nothing wrong with Goth-rockers in that sentense that the like to live, look, and act as they do. I only think that there is no differance between a Christain Fundamentalist and a Goth-rocker.
They are all the same but in two different directions. But if I personaly got to choose, I would rather be a Fundamentalist priest then playing with my little sisters make-up and cutting my arms up with razors if I got in to mental obsticles or difficulties that Marilyn Manson are helping the world with. I would rather listen to Abba Teens for hours then listen to Marilyn Manson for 10 minutes. I say Sepultura, Metallica, Panthera good for your braincells. It is a mather of taste I believe. I cant help it but I hate this Retro-****.
|November 16th, 2004||#9|
| || |
I was in to PUNK buisness when I was 13 years old - I liked Six Pistols I still like them but I dont have god save the queen on my wall anylonger. I think everything.... I hope that it is like this - That everything changes with time and people wakes up.
|November 16th, 2004||#10|
| || |
Since everybody seems to be calling goths retards here, I'd like to say that probably our own elders thought we were retards back in the early 90's when we were listening to Nirvana, Pearl Jam & Guns'n Roses. I like to think I turned out okay in the end. I think it's just a phase.
\"Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army.\"