Are Liberals Exploiting People's Needs?

phoenix80

Banned
Are Liberals Exploiting People's Needs?

Since I have come to Canada, and even before that due to vast contacts with people from both sides of the western political spectrum, I managed to learn more about the structures and principles of both Right (Conservative) and Left (Liberal) ideas.

Time and time again, it was proven to me, that what each party or political affiliations wants for people or what values each does stand for.

Obviously we have two major ruling parties in most western societies, like Democrats and Republicans in the States, Liberals and Conservatives in Australia, UK and Canada....etc.

The fact that Conservative style of ruling the country, the very first idea North America (i.e New Nations/Lands) was founded upon, wants people to work and that the Liberals want people to be dependent on them through welfare money and social assistance cash money is obvious.

A country like Canada or the US could not stand where it does today if the founding men of these nations were not hard working men and women.

One of the things that made me seriously think about the above statement, was the Hurricane Katrina disaster in September 05, where thousands of African-Americans were left homeless, the incompetent democratic governor couldn't come up with any emergency plans and the party loving mayor of the city didn't have any plans in the first place either. The state of Louisiana was run, at the time of the disaster and long before that, by people claiming to be Liberal Democrats (read leftist) and actually come from that party, the party of Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy that would be.

For Canadians, we better take a look at the disasterous condition of our poor in Ontario and the fact that it is a Liberal powerhouse and has always been a place for Liberals to collect votes.

It raises the question as: why do Liberals want people NOT to work and get the government's money and raise the ordinary working citizens' taxes?

Is it not all about votes? If not, then what is it?

Is it not true that this sort of mindset is going to destroy the foundations of the societies they were once built upon? As I know, and correct me if I am wrong, the western societies are built upon very conservatives values. And it is likely that the hatred the left carries for these values may put an end to the style of life as we know it today in North America.

Maybe it sounds harsh, but Leftists and Liberals alike are definitely inflicting awful damages to the Western societies by their incoherent social policies.

The Democrats/Liberals both have always shown that they want people to be poor so they can hand them "social assistance money" (read welfare) and make them loyal to the party that is giving them this sort of aid and look good in the eyes of the poor part of the society.

The fact that most poor parts of our societies have either a Liberal Governor, mayor or premier is tale telling.

The essence of western (i.e North American) style of life is based on "working" to build a prosperous and advanced society, that is what I have come to know in the past few years by traveling, reading and living in the western society.

----

I wrote this at The Shotgun and I appreciate some feedback

I don't think liberals are exploiting people's needs since they are the ones who support government aide, more freedom, human rights, etc. The ones who are truly exploiting people's needs are powerful political figures whose decisions effect the general population and is done with total disregards to the poor people. The recent tax cut in the United States is decided by the Power Elite ,therefore making rich people richer and the poor even poorer.

Leaders who cannot respond to a crisis demonstrates incompetence, regardless if they they are left or right.

Phoenix80, Liberalism and Conservatism depends on which country you are in and it varies.

Take a test to decide whether you are a Liberal or Conservative. Although the test appears to be flawed, it has the basic elements.

http://quizilla.com/users/hazelwudi/quizzes/Where%20do%20you%20fall%20on%20the%20liberal%20-%20conservative%20political%20spectrum%3F%20%20(United%20States)/

According to the test, it places me as conservative who believes that: "You believe that society needs improvement, and that more people sharing constructive norms and values is the key to this improvement. You admirably manage to hold this view without becoming a fanatic, which ironically makes you far better suited to bring people together and finding that necessary common ground than your Far-Right Conservative Cousins."

According to the statistical readout below, only 3% receive this result.

Yes, Liberals lie cheat and steal to get your votes. They are nothing but scum suckers and bottom feeders.

The Liberal Left say that they are for the underclass of society. Well, let me ask you this.

If you gain your power from the poor. The best thing to do is to keep the poor people poor. by making promises that you will make them rich without making them get off their collective asses. You lie to them, also by telling them that it's someone elses fualt that their poor. You're lieing to them.

If you want to understand what I'm talking, read the qoute in my sig from a very good president.

5.56X45mm said:
Yes, Liberals lie cheat and steal to get your votes. They are nothing but scum suckers and bottom feeders.

And Liberals would respond by saying Conservatives are liars (Delay), cheats (Frist) and crooks (Cunningham), dont you think we have enough problems instead of festering this type of hate?

The Liberal Left say that they are for the underclass of society. Well, let me ask you this. If you gain your power from the poor. The best thing to do is to keep the poor people poor. by making promises that you will make them rich without making them get off their collective asses. You lie to them, also by telling them that it's someone elses fualt that their poor. You're lieing to them.

Thats because Every time the Dems try and do something to help the poor the Republicans in Congress kill or stall the bill in Congress by saying we cannot afford it.
Last year (2005) the Democrats presented 62 Bills to Congress, the Republicans axed 61 of them. Then in the name of 'fiscal disipline' they start cutting benfits to Human Services, Medicare, Veterns benefits, unemployment, etc...

But your right the Republicans are much more honest about poor, they are in fact perfectly clear THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Just look at that tax cut extention they past last week. I certainly hope those making less $10K a year get to go out and spend their tax cut. The entire $2. As opposed to a person making $5 Million a year gets a cool $81,000 back, and all the meanwhile the Middle class $30-75K (the real loser in this scam) whose taxcut was approximatly $58. They get stuck with the bill to a tune of another $10 Billion in debt, on top of the $1.05 Trillion Bush already borrowed.
Must be that "compassionate conservatism" in action again.

I Think I'll vote for the scum suckers, these 'moral' conservatives are costing me too much money.

Last edited:
MMarsh you are correct about the five year tax cut extention. People who earn more than one million dollars are given a $41,977 tax return while people who earn $40,000-50,000 are given a $46 tax return.

The Republican and Democratic Party have become parties of incompentence. You have Republicans starting to distance away their party and start joining McCain's call for fiscal conservatism.

Last edited:
The Republican and Democratic Party have become parties of incompentancy. You have Republicans starting to distance away their party and start joining McCain's call for fiscal conservatism.

They say that when the camera are on, but the moment the press is distract with Brittney Spears new boob job (which are larger than her brain) then they go ahead and waste another 5 Million on Advertisments for Seafood, or Bridges to nowhere. Pork as usual.

I was just reading my NYtimes and there is Bush signing this tax cut extention into law
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/washington/AP-Bush.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Does everyone see the sign "Tax Relief for All Americans" it's so bloody dishonest its enough to make me cry. I'll Translate it into reality for all you Bush supporters

It reads:

"Mission Accomplished II: China now owns your butt".

Last edited:
CABAL said:
MMarsh you are correct about the five year tax cut extention. People who earn more than one million dollars are given a $41,977 tax return while people who earn $40,000-50,000 are given a $46 tax return.

The Republican and Democratic Party have become parties of incompentancy. You have Republicans starting to distance away their party and start joining McCain's call for fiscal conservatism.

I wouldnt just aim this at Republicans and Democrats, politicians the world over are equally as bad and have become little more than self serving social parasites.

Oh and MMarsh surely you have learnt by now that when a person starts a post with the word "liberal" in the title they are not looking for a rational discussion they are simply looking for affirmation.

They say that when the camera are on, but the moment the press is distract with Brittney Spears new boob job (which are larger than her brain) then they go ahead and waste another 5 Million on Advertisments for Seafood, or Bridges to nowhere. Pork as usual.

I don't understand why people are soo facinated about the personal lives of Celebrities??

Last edited:
CABAL said:
I don't understand why people are soo facinated about the personal lives of Celebrities??
Its like Morphine, its used by the media to dull the pain of reality. Seriously, can you image what would happen if people stopped watching 'American Idol' and woke up?

Monyb

Your're right, 10 lines as punishment.

I will not reply to stupid, narrow-minded, threads.

:p

mmarsh:
5.56X45mm said:

And Liberals would respond by saying Conservatives are liars (Delay), cheats (Frist) and crooks (Cunningham), dont you think we have enough problems instead of festering this type of hate?

The Liberal Left say that they are for the underclass of society. Well, let me ask you this. If you gain your power from the poor. The best thing to do is to keep the poor people poor. by making promises that you will make them rich without making them get off their collective asses. You lie to them, also by telling them that it's someone elses fualt that their poor. You're lieing to them.

Thats because Every time the Dems try and do something to help the poor the Republicans in Congress kill or stall the bill in Congress by saying we cannot afford it.
Last year (2005) the Democrats presented 62 Bills to Congress, the Republicans axed 61 of them. Then in the name of 'fiscal disipline' they start cutting benfits to Human Services, Medicare, Veterns benefits, unemployment, etc...

But your right the Republicans are much more honest about poor, they are in fact perfectly clear THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN. Just look at that tax cut extention they past last week. I certainly hope those making less $10K a year get to go out and spend their tax cut. The entire $2. As opposed to a person making $5 Million a year gets a cool $81,000 back, and all the meanwhile the Middle class $30-75K (the real loser in this scam) whose taxcut was approximatly $58. They get stuck with the bill to a tune of another $10 Billion in debt, on top of the $1.05 Trillion Bush already borrowed. Must be that "compassionate conservatism" in action again.

I Think I'll vote for the scum suckers, these 'moral' conservatives are costing me too much money.

Bill Clinton was from the DemocRatic party?

CABAL said:
I don't think liberals are exploiting people's needs since they are the ones who support government aide, more freedom, human rights, etc. The ones who are truly exploiting people's needs are powerful political figures whose decisions effect the general population and is done with total disregards to the poor people. The recent tax cut in the United States is decided by the Power Elite ,therefore making rich people richer and the poor even poorer.

Leaders who cannot respond to a crisis demonstrates incompetence, regardless if they they are left or right.

Phoenix80, Liberalism and Conservatism depends on which country you are in and it varies.

Take a test to decide whether you are a Liberal or Conservative. Although the test appears to be flawed, it has the basic elements.

http://quizilla.com/users/hazelwudi/quizzes/Where%20do%20you%20fall%20on%20the%20liberal%20-%20conservative%20political%20spectrum%3F%20%20(United%20States)/

According to the test, it places me as conservative who believes that: "You believe that society needs improvement, and that more people sharing constructive norms and values is the key to this improvement. You admirably manage to hold this view without becoming a fanatic, which ironically makes you far better suited to bring people together and finding that necessary common ground than your Far-Right Conservative Cousins."

I am a conservative for sure. ((I dont care for those phoney tests though))

Last edited:
phoenix80 said:
I am a conservative for sure. ((I dont care for those phoney tests though))

Not only are you conservative, but also very narrow and judgemental in your views on liberalism.

that the Liberals want people to be dependent on them through welfare money and social assistance cash money is obvious.

This really tops the bill! How do you expect that liberals pay for this? Yes, they need tax money and where does that come from? Yes, from working people! You talk as if this liberalism is a curse, but if you look at the top 10 richest countries on earth you'll see a lot of "liberal" governments. In your hatred of this system, you bypass all details and end up condemning something you obviously don't know very well!
It raises the question as: why do Liberals want people NOT to work and get the government's money and raise the ordinary working citizens' taxes?
This is another example of where your hatred makes you say things that are so.....so plain stupid. How can you say this; take a look around! Do you think that a liberal government sends a lettre to every working person and advises them to quit their jobs? I am sorry for the use of the word stupid, but I have no other qualification of what you just said!

Do liberals (more specifically the political left) exploit people's needs?

Of course they do.

But guess what? So do the political right.

They want your vote, so they tell you what appeals to you. It's all rhetoric.

Ted said:
Not only are you conservative, but also very narrow and judgemental in your views on liberalism.

This really tops the bill! How do you expect that liberals pay for this? Yes, they need tax money and where does that come from? Yes, from working people! You talk as if this liberalism is a curse, but if you look at the top 10 richest countries on earth you'll see a lot of "liberal" governments. In your hatred of this system, you bypass all details and end up condemning something you obviously don't know very well!

This is another example of where your hatred makes you say things that are so.....so plain stupid. How can you say this; take a look around! Do you think that a liberal government sends a lettre to every working person and advises them to quit their jobs? I am sorry for the use of the word stupid, but I have no other qualification of what you just said!

Bwahhaahahahahahahaaaaa

Thanks for the morning joke dude

PJ24 said:
Do liberals (more specifically the political left) exploit people's needs?

Of course they do.

But guess what? So do the political right.

They want your vote, so they tell you what appeals to you. It's all rhetoric.

I think you missed the point of the argument, mine was that Liberals (leftist et al) abuse the real needs of the poor and want people to remain POOR and loyal to their party in order to abuse them to collect votes.

but conservatism want people to work and be decent living individuals.

Welfare money was also created and introduced by FDR in late 30s and he was a democrat, wasn't he?

Last edited:
Pheonix 80: Your views on liberals is interesting. By interesting i mean utter bollocks.

Politicians on the whole are a bunch of greedy buggers. Every single one of them exploits peoples needs, every single one of us does that too.

Republicans or Democrats, both have qualities and flaws, from what i've heard on the boards both parties are the bane of america but also the saviours. I try to take an open approach to this because when i get narrow minded i tend to make silly claims out of pride to win arguments.

Support either party, just remain open minded and don't support them for the sake of it, find out their good points and their bad points. None of these parties are perfect but each has a lot of good to offer to the US.

But i prefer the democrats because the republicans obviously eat babies, rob from the poor to give to the rich, worship dark powers, and are hell bent on world domination and midget genocide :p

jequirity said:
Pheonix 80: Your views on liberals is interesting. By interesting i mean utter bollocks.

Politicians on the whole are a bunch of greedy buggers. Every single one of them exploits peoples needs, every single one of us does that too.

Republicans or Democrats, both have qualities and flaws, from what i've heard on the boards both parties are the bane of america but also the saviours. I try to take an open approach to this because when i get narrow minded i tend to make silly claims out of pride to win arguments.

Support either party, just remain open minded and don't support them for the sake of it, find out their good points and their bad points. None of these parties are perfect but each has a lot of good to offer to the US.

But i prefer the democrats because the republicans obviously eat babies, rob from the poor to give to the rich, worship dark powers, and are hell bent on world domination and midget genocide :p

Dude, it is not about republicans or demonRats here. It is about the Conservatism and Liberalism, mainly.

Welfare money was also created and introduced by FDR in late 30s and he was a democrat, wasn't he?
Dude, it is not about republicans or demonRats here. It is about the Conservatism and Liberalism, mainly.

Well it does sound convenient to switch between the two. I am just in awe of the amount of contempt you feel for the democrats/liberals. I fail to see the link between helping the poor and wanting them to remain poor.
On that note I can say: the conservatives help the rich by keeping them rich!
Then again you'll probably think I am joking!

Ted said:
Well it does sound convenient to switch between the two. I am just in awe of the amount of contempt you feel for the democrats/liberals. I fail to see the link between helping the poor and wanting them to remain poor.
On that note I can say: the conservatives help the rich by keeping them rich!
Then again you'll probably think I am joking!

Conservative concept help people get rich and that is good for every community.

Conservatives want people to be decent, hard working individuals who can manage their lives. while Liberal leftists love seeing people to be poor and dependent on the government so they can use them for their fake loyalty.

phoenix80 said:
Conservative concept help people get rich and that is good for every community.

Conservatives want people to be decent, hard working individuals who can manage their lives. while Liberal leftists love seeing people to be poor and dependent on the government so they can use them for their fake loyalty.

Conservatives try to create a climate where the hard working man can make his dreams come true. But you too must see that under both party governments, there will always be more poor then rich people. And under both parties some have become very succesfull. But look around and see the number of homeless rising, this is a sign that it isn't all sunshine.

Ted said:
Conservatives try to create a climate where the hard working man can make his dreams come true. But you too must see that under both party governments, there will always be more poor then rich people. And under both parties some have become very succesfull. But look around and see the number of homeless rising, this is a sign that it isn't all sunshine.

But the party that is happier with the existence of homeless and poor is Leftist/Liberal one not the right/conservative one.

Ha!!!

CABAL said:

Cabal, I took the Pepsi challenge and I think the results will sicken you...
1043656430_nservative.GIF

Conservative

Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

Apparently, you're my long lost younger brother... :angel:
"Only 3% got this result..."
I dunno about you but I think I'm in love.
:-o

Back