At least one blast, maybe two in Oslo, Norway

I know.... :?
Was just about to post about it, I left that area 5 mins before the explosion(s).

Still not clear what happened, but it is possible that it was a car bomb, and the police is still looking for 2 more possible bombs.

2 persons are confirmed killed, and dozens are severely wounded so it is possible that even more have been killed.
I have several friends who work in that building so I'm hoping for the best.....

Will post here when I know more.

It's confirmed that it was at least one bomb now, several killed and maybe +100 wounded... :?

The target could have been any of the Governmental buildings in that area, so no idea yet...

Keep us updated, hope everything's okay for you there. I wonder why Norway? It's the most random place...

Something is going on... this just isn't right. A car bomb, now a shooting at a youth camp.... WTF, over? RL... anymore information?

I keep looking, cuz now I'm glued to the news sites, the shooter was dressed in a police uniform! Which makes me wonder about the bombing

Still complete chaos here, they're not sure if it was a car-bomb or if it was a bomb inside one of the buildings now and the number of killed and wounded by that attack is still unconfirmed but at least two where killed by that bomb, possible more.

But I see that you have heard about the other shooting now as well, and the police think it may be related to the terrorist/bomb-attack in the centre of Oslo and I just heard that there may be as many as 7 killed by the shooter there now, but that number isn't 100% confirmed..

The person had arrived at that island dressed as a police officer claiming that he was going to have a routine check there in relation to the bombing in Oslo a couple of hours before that when he suddenly pulled out an automatic weapon and started to fire directly at the youths...

I'll post more when I know more, but as you can see things are pretty messed up here right now and it is very hard to confirm the information coming in from media and others right now..

Is this the first such attack in Scandinavia?

Just want to point something out here. Chechen rebels/separatists are good at this type of terrorism. 'Caucasian Emirate'. They did many such attacks, mostly within Northern Caucasus. Consequently, Scandinavian countries took in large number of Chechen 'refugees' (many of whom were boeviki, rebel fighters, and even a few commanders). I don't know, but it is an interesting coincedence. This is the the Emirate's style, absolutely. 2 years ago, the rebels attacked a police station in Ingushetia this way, for example.

Is this the first such attack in Scandinavia?

It's not the first terror attack, but as it seems now this is the largest one until now...

That is nuts.
Hope your folks are safe Redleg.

don't know yet, got several friends who works in those buildings but hopefully everything's ok there...

Just heard that they have found several more dead inside one of the buildings there now, so the official number of killed will rise... :?
Also heard that they have arrested one suspect from the youth shooting as well, so hopefully they got that bastard now.

7 confirmed killed by the bombing now, but I'm afraid that the number will rise even more....

And I can add that the youth camp where the shooting took place was arranged by the youth group of the Norwegian Labour Party (Arbeiderpartiet), Norways biggest political party, so since the bomb(s) where directed at the political centre of Norway it looks like these to things may be related...

As Redleg has already stated, it's rather chaotic here.

There are 7 confirmed casualties after the bombing of government quarter in Oslo, and a similar number of seriously injured, but the number of casualties inside the bombed buildings are still unknown.
The buildings are being searched right as we type here, but any casualties will stay inside untill it's all cleared and no more explosives are found.

The reported shootings at the Labour Party youth camp is a mystery, according to witnesses a man with "nordic apearance" and dressed as a police officer called the kids in and simply started shooting at them.
This person is apearantly arrested at the spot, and he is said to be speaking Norwegian.

The tragic thing is that this youth camp is situated on an island only about 12 hectare of size, and it's a difficult task for 650-700 youths to hide on such a small patch.

The number of casualties is still unknown.

Back