The Kurds vs ISIS

JOC

The Kurds have but up a strong struggle against ISIS. Recently retaking Kobane and stopping the summer-fall ISIS advance. This video portrays their struggle in brief.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLeJDWoCTzo"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLeJDWoCTzo[/ame]

The Kurds suffer the same situation of many Sunni and even Christian tribes here, Europe and the Ottoman Empire both took turns splinting up century old communities with borders that grouped many different peoples with opposing opinions and ways of life together.

In a part of the world where heritage is far more important than State and nationality, this in part is a factor in the rampant instability in the Region.

The Kurds differ as they are very pro west, very pro democratic and well, not insane. Have equal rights for women and respect Jews and Christians as well as both Sunni and Shiite tribes here.

I hope that the Kurds finally one day get a home they can call Kurdistan. However I am saddened that may never happen without intense bloodshed first.

The Kurds suffer the same situation of many Sunni and even Christian tribes here, Europe and the Ottoman Empire both took turns splinting up century old communities with borders that grouped many different peoples with opposing opinions and ways of life together.

In a part of the world where heritage is far more important than State and nationality, this in part is a factor in the rampant instability in the Region.

The Kurds differ as they are very pro west, very pro democratic and well, not insane. Have equal rights for women and respect Jews and Christians as well as both Sunni and Shiite tribes here.

I hope that the Kurds finally one day get a home they can call Kurdistan. However I am saddened that may never happen without intense bloodshed first.

I have to agree with this post and unfortunately all these groups: Kurds, Christians and Shiites are persecuted by these nut cases called ISIS "they killed 10's of thousands of innocents. Unfortunately for the Kurds the best I think they can hope for is an autonomous region perhaps including parts of Iraq and or Syria, but I could be wrong.

I have to agree with this post and unfortunately all these groups: Kurds, Christians and Shiites are persecuted by these nut cases called ISIS "they killed 10's of thousands of innocents. Unfortunately for the Kurds the best I think they can hope for is an autonomous region perhaps including parts of Iraq and or Syria, but I could be wrong.

Don't forget southern Turkey, and I can go ahead and mention, Turkey would rather expel them than grant autonomy.

Kurds in n.w Iran also and all the Counties view them (establishing an independent Kurdistan) as a territorial threat and like poor relatives.

The European Countries have already created a mess by establishing borders where there shouldn't be any .

Where should you draw the borders then as they have changed so much over the years depending on just what country has the upper hand, my you could go back to the Pharoes and beyond

By drawing up borders the Powers that were had an easier time controlling the territories for themselves .

Haven't all strong countries over the years redrawn countries borders to suit their needs

Yep, this is just one of the more recent examples. But that doesn't do a thing to solve our current issues faced in this region, and can't be used as a justification of inaction.

Many of these countries ran the area depending on the strength of the tribe and as this could alter so did the borders. Many of these borders were fixed internationally as with out borders and fixed areas just so that one knew who runs what. Now what would happen if Mexico started to push for the return of its lands that America took from them and set up borders to suit them self's, all countries do it including America.

And my own country (the USA) for which for which I have proudly served waged a centuries long bloody war of extermination against it's own indigenous people.

Back