Kid suspended for eating ham sandwich

MarinerRhodes

I got to agree with Peddler on this one. We had a similar situation at JFK in NYC.

Its a friggin airport. If people want to prey go to the Mosque, Church, whatever. But the Airport is for travelers. If your job cannot accommodate your 5 prayers a day then change your job. This is not Saudi Arabia.

What will be next? Will they have to build an alter at the Terminal equipped with a 24H Priest and confessional in case some traveller has the need for a quick baptism or to confess his latest sins.

Uh...we three agree here lol.

Shortly paraphrased from an awesome article,

Common sense has died and been replaced by "my rights" and "ima whiner." That is where this country is.

MarinerRhodes

I got to agree with Peddler on this one. We had a similar situation at JFK in NYC.

Its a friggin airport. If people want to prey go to the Mosque, Church, whatever. But the Airport is for travelers. If your job cannot accommodate your 5 prayers a day then change your job. This is not Saudi Arabia.

What will be next? Will they have to build an alter at the Terminal equipped with a 24H Priest and confessional in case some traveller has the need for a quick baptism or to confess his latest sins.

I agree with mmarsh and others on this that there is a time and place and an airport isn't normally the time or place. Also its unfair on employers, organisations and public services to demand that every religious need or sensitivity be catered for. The ham thing of this topic and the denial of the holocaust thing for Muslims in British schools are cases in point

Nevertheless, I have been asked at an airport for confession by Catholics (it could be your last flight remember :p ) and I have been prodded with dozens of religious questions by passangers next to me on flights which on two ocassions in the last 17 years led to the questioners' conversion to Catholicism.

I agree with mmarsh and others on this that there is a time and place and an airport isn't normally the time or place. Also its unfair on employers, organisations and public services to demand that every religious need or sensitivity be catered for. The ham thing of this topic and the denial of the holocaust thing for Muslims in British schools are cases in point

Nevertheless, I have been asked at an airport for confession by Catholics (it could be your last flight remember :p ) and I have been prodded with dozens of religious questions by passangers next to me on flights which on two ocassions in the last 17 years led to the questioners' conversion to Catholicism.

Right Padre. But you made that choice freely to involve yourself. I don't have a choice if it is forced upon me or thrown in my face at every turn.

What was that war/expedition where they tried to impress on others their religion and moral ideals . . . . The crusades?

Last edited:
Crusades, exploration of the New World, the Indian Wars, the Sepoy Mutiny, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam war... I think we could damn near lump every conflict since the dawn of civilization on the forcible imposition of one party's morals and/or beliefs on another.

Crusades, exploration of the New World, the Indian Wars, the Sepoy Mutiny, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam war... I think we could damn near lump every conflict since the dawn of civilization on the forcible imposition of one party's morals and/or beliefs on another.

That was kind of a tongue in cheek question just to illustrate my point a little better. But good examples overall lol.

I got drunk last night and rubbed ham over my whole body and then with a mouth full of bacon made prank phone calls to the Tehran area code... am I going to hell?

Back