Keep your powder dry!!

Dese

??Very Important Notice:
Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U. S.
needs to know....
Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed yesterday, behind
our backs. You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned
on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom
of the CNN screen.
Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas
Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the
headlines...
By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the
expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the
Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza.
The "presidential determination", which allows hundr eds of
thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in
the United States, was signed on January 27 and appeared in
the Federal Register on February 4.?Few on Capitol Hill, or in
the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket
replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who
have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic
Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of
January 2006.
Let's review...itemized list of some of Barack Obama's most
recent actions since his inauguration:?His first call to any
head of state, as president, was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of
Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.
His first one-on-one television interview with any news
organization was with Al Arabia television.
His first executive order was to fund/facilitate abortion(s)
not just here within the U. S., but within the world, using U.
S. tax payer funds.
He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of
detainees halted.
He ordered overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.
He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS
Cole and the "terror attack" on 9/11.
Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of
Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at
American taxpayer expense.
These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in
the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.
Doubtful? To verify this for yourself:?www.the
federalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488
<http://www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488>
PLEASE PASS THIS ON... AMERICA NEEDS TO KNOW
WE are losing this country at a rapid pace.??To unsubscribe
from this newsletter, click the link below:

Get your facts straight

You keep your powder dry please:

With all due respect: This is plain BS and even repeated, still remains plain BS (that same message has been distributed through the net a thousand times by now but that does not make it any more right and just shows that people are easily manipulated into brainlessly repeating BS on the slightest incident):

Passed by the House of Representatives with a 321-105 margin (and not behind anybodys back), HR 1388 is the "Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act", dubbed the “GIVE” act and none of what you are alerting about (probably just repeated the BS msg w/o double checking?):

The purpose of the GIVE act is to “To reauthorize and reform the national service laws”, specifically the National and Community Service Act of 1990.

HR 1388 reads (in its central parts):

‘(9) recognize and increase the impact of social entrepreneurs and other nonprofit community organizations in addressing national and local challenges;

‘(10) increase public and private investment in nonprofit community organizations that are effectively addressing national and local challenges and to encourage such organizations to replicate and expand successful initiatives;

‘(11) leverage Federal investments to increase State, local, business, and philanthropic resources to address national and local challenges;

‘(12) expand and strengthen service-learning programs through year-round opportunities, including during the summer months, to improve the education of children and youth and to maximize the benefits of national and community service, in order to renew the ethic of civic responsibility and the spirit of community to children and youth throughout the United States;

‘(13) assist in coordinating and strengthening Federal and other service opportunities, including opportunities for participation in emergency and disaster preparedness, relief, and recovery;

‘(14) increase service opportunities for our Nation’s retiring professionals, including such opportunities for those retiring from the science, technical, engineering, and mathematics professions to improve the education of our Nation’s youth and keep America competitive in the global knowledge economy, and to further utilize the experience, knowledge, and skills of older Americans;

‘(15) encourage the continued service of the alumni of the national service programs, including service in times of national need;

‘(16) support institutions of higher education that engage students in community service activities, provide service-learning courses, and encourage or assist graduates to pursue careers in public service in the nonprofit or government sector; and

‘(17) encourage members of the Baby Boom generation to partake in service opportunities.’.
Where do you get from this text what you mentioned above?

You could argue that the mandatory service for youth is unconstitutional (how can something voluntary be mandatory, and this would be a valid discussion), but thats a bout all to be said against it.

Now, it seems you mix that up with Presidential Determination No. 2009-15, which does relate to refugees in Gaza, but says nothing at all about any Palistinians being brought to the US (though it indeed authorizes spending of 20 Million to help refugees in need there):
...I hereby determine, pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the Act, that it is important to the national interest to furnish assistance under the Act in an amount not to exceed $20.3 million from the United States Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund for the purpose of meeting unexpected and urgent refugee and migration needs, including by contributions to international, governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and payment of administrative expenses of Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department of State, related to humanitarian needs of Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza.
Prez Bush did the same, down to the wording (including Somalia, though - how many pirates have been migrated to the US since then?):

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/07-2654.htm

(1) I hereby determine, pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the Act, that it is
important to the national interest to furnish assistance under the Act, in
an amount not to exceed $29.5 million from the United States Emergency
Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund, for the purpose of meeting
unexpected and urgent refugee and migration needs, including by
contributions to international, governmental, and non-governmental
organizations and payment of administrative expenses of the Bureau of
Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department of State, related to:
(a) humanitarian needs resulting from conflicts in Somalia, Sudan, and
Chad, (b) breaks in the food pipeline for refugees in Africa, and in the
West Bank and Gaza;
So, what are you alerting against based on the facts?

BS.

Rattler

Last edited:
No it's BS. There are no plans to immigrate mass numbers of Palastinens to the US. The bill is an aid package.

"Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas
headlines...
The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of
the Federal Register on February 4.?"

Let' see "$20,000,000.00 divided by 200,000 refugees equals $100.00. They must be going to fly first class.;)

the Federal Register on February 4."

Sorry, BS still and again..

Because FOX says it it does not have to be true... Read my detailed comparison to the same wording of the Bush and the Obama determination above, it cannot be made clearer to ppl that know to read...

I did not hear you cry "ALERT!!!" in 2007???

Rattler

"Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas
headlines...
the Federal Register on February 4.?"

Let' see "$20,000,000.00 divided by 200,000 refugees equals $100.00. They must be going to fly first class.;)

I meant this as a joke.
The idea that anyone would believe that 20million dollars would deliver, "hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in
the United States", seemed pretty funny to me.

About 15 years ago I went to Saudi Arabia on a business trip. The round trip Business class airfare was $8,000.00, Los Angeles to Riyadh.

What bugs me is how so many people can go around saying stuff that ain't true, expecting that somehow the truth will pop out of no where.

But then, I confess I have made similar mistakes. I have forwarded stuff without verifying, and then end up with egg in the face when it turns out I should have.

What bugs me is how so many people can go around saying stuff that ain't true, expecting that somehow the truth will pop out of no where.

I found a funny quote of someone who used this tactic quite often.... and done so succesfully!

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.
Adolf Hitler

Back