About Keep your fingers crossed....

International Military Forums > The Off-Topic Zone > General Chit Chat
User Name
Password

September 27th, 2005   #1
82ndMechanic

Keep your fingers crossed.... info

Okay,

So I got a jump coming up on Thursday, supposedly from a C-17. It's full combat with a TOT (Time on Target) of early afternoon. I have a camera I'm going to take with me, and dummy cord it to my big dumb self. As long as it doesnt burn in, or I don't land on it, I'll snag y'all some pics. I also wrote International Military Forums on a piece of cardboard so you guys can see that it's really me... LOL.

Keep your fingers crossed that the jump doesn't get scratched.

Yeah. And all you future paratroopers better get Airborne in your contract.

September 28th, 2005   #2
Italian Guy

Wow!!!!!!! You man rock, if you do that I'll send you one of those trucks full of blondes I usually reserve for my foreign friends...

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it".
Pericles.

September 28th, 2005   #3
FutureDevilDog

I'll send you a truck full of hot Puerto Rican girls in thongs if you get back safely Good luck man

/rant

September 28th, 2005   #4
OORAH

I'll send you.......................... who am i kiddin, i dont have anything that good.

And shepards we shall be
For thee, My Lord, for thee
Power hath descended forth from thy hand
That our feet may quickly carry out thy command
So we shall flow a river forth to thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be
In nomini Patri, et Fili, Spiritus Sancti

Veritas, Aequitas

September 28th, 2005   #5
Padre

I'll say a prayer for you Mech - come down safe

September 28th, 2005   #6
DTop

Sounds good 82nd. I can't wait to see the pics and I'll join Padre in that prayer for you. Be safe!

I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which in truth, they are.
Gen. W.T. Sherman

September 28th, 2005   #7
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDevilDog
I'll send you a truck full of hot Puerto Rican girls in thongs if you get back safely Good luck man

It means that (god forbids) he won't come back?! huh?

September 28th, 2005   #8
MilidarUSMC

sounds like a blast.

\"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don\'t have that problem.\" Ronald Reagan 1985

September 28th, 2005   #9
Locke

what, a prop blast?

If I am asked what we are fighting for, I can reply in two sentences. In the first place, to fulfil a solemn international obligation . . . an obligation of honor which no self-respecting man could possibly have repudiated. I say, secondly, we are fighting to vindicate the principle that small nationalities are not to be crushed in defiance of international good faith at the arbitrary will of a strong and overmastering Power.
Author: Rt. Hon. Herbert Henry Asquith
Source: Statement, to House of Commons, Declaration of War with Germany, Aug. 4, 1914

September 28th, 2005   #10
ironhorseredleg

Good luck, Mech. If you have to choose between landing on tgt and taking the perfect picture, hit the mark, man!

--------

If you're going through hell . . . keep going.