JROTC benefits

lil Lt

If I join the Marines or Army, what benefits do I get for being in JROTC, I've been in for three years now and I've been told that if I go Marines, I get maritorious Lance Corpral, and if I go Army, I get Corpral, is this true? And if so can I get anything else out of it?

Depending on how many years of JROTC you've had .. E-3 in the Army and E-2 in the Marine Corps. Both of those are PFC.

works that way for the air force too..btw they dont care what JROTC you had, you just have to have one of them. I got 2 stripes in the Air Force for finishing navy JROTC!

:D

LOL
Theirs one myth in the CAP that if you get to be a butterbar in the cadet program then you get the pay of an E-3 for the Marine Corps. But thats 100% bs. You get nothing from the Corps if you were a butterbar in the CAP. So my response to that is always "Well duh you have to earn your rank and pay in the Corps. Just like you have to earn the EGA and title of US Marine." always shuts them up. ( guess this might be considered :eek:fftopic: :? )

I hear that you get a lot more respect from your peers if you go up the same as them, rather than skipping a few ranks because of JROTC.

well you might get respect...but you miss out on almost 250 more a month in your pay check. In the Air Force system, it doubtful that no more than 1 or 2 people from a basic training flight even get to the same base, much less respect each other.

Its your choice young people. they do not put the boost there without a reason. :D

Damien said:
I hear that you get a lot more respect from your peers if you go up the same as them, rather than skipping a few ranks because of JROTC.

It really doesn't matter .. PFC, PVT .. you're all still the bottom of the barrel. Once you arrive at your unit, the difference between E-1 ( which you shouldn't be) and E-2/3 become blurred and preformance is what matters. You're all the "FNG," the only difference in the beginning is that you'll be making a bit more money.

yeah, i have heard alota about "the higher you go in JROTC the higher rankyou'll be" and i think my SAI and AI *Senior Army Instructor and Army Instructor * did a good job to dispell this myth but putting a pay chart in their classrooms, by the doors, one with JROTC, one JROTC AND ROTC , and so on, there are like 4-5 charts of pay and unless you go into a regular ROTC prgram after high school you don't get bove PFC in the military, evenwith 4 years JROTC, but if you do go to the regular ROTC you do get to be an Officer, but in officer terms, it's only a 2nd Lieutenant, i say you choose what you want and do what you can to make it happen, i just want to finish high shcool with ... only ... four years of JROTC, cuase i hopefully won't be ABLE to be in a 5th year , but after that, i just want to go army, more than likely a life timer

Mark Conley said:
works that way for the air force too..btw they dont care what JROTC you had, you just have to have one of them. I got 2 stripes in the Air Force for finishing navy JROTC!

:D

thats if you finish the entire program though. i could only get in one year so i get jack squat. they want 3 years or more of any JROTC for extra stripes.

If you join the marines you will be PFC right after bootcamp, if u do well in boot camp n graduate top in your platoon you might get lance corporal. In the Army it is the same story.

Yeah Im going on my 4th year in JROTC, and what my NSI(Naval science instructor) told me is that you go in as an E-3 in the Navy, i thought you'd get E-3 in USMC too..lol but you get E-2, which is probably around the same pay isnt it? My Marine recruiter told me that if you were in JROTC, you are likely to be chosen for squad leader or maybe guide, because the D.I. will look for ppl who know rank structure, discipline and drill.

So you really necroposted a 10 year old thread to ask this question? And how can you be a 5th year JROTC when it is a 4 year program?

I was actually going to say something to another poster then realized it was a 10 year old post...ooppsss... :x Hey now... Sarge can miss one every now and again. As for the topic: f*** JROTC. Join the Army, go to basic, and face your Drill Sergeant...hehehehe. :drill:

Back