Joining right now????

FutureUSMC1984

I want to join the Marine Corps Reserve. Do you guys think now is a good time to join??? even though the war is going on in Iraq?? What do you think my chances of being called to active duty would be???

Your chances of getting called up I would say are pretty fair. If you are worried about that you might want to reconsider.

I will be at PI feb 23rd. My recruiter told me that my chances of being beployed right after all training (-read- ALL TRAINING) are 50/50. Because either The Corps will need you over there or they will not. According to my SSGT either you are going now or you'll be going later. Don't know if that helps but that is the info given to me.

according to my SSGT it depends strictly on what your MOS is. My MOS is paperpusher so chances are I won't see much (if any) time in Iraq but if you are a grunt then its either now or later. His information made no distinction between reserve or "full time" so either way it is now or later

03USMC said:
How about if your a Remington Raider assigned to an Infantry Bn? ;) :shock:

sorry 03 i am still a child in the eyes of The Corps so i don't know what you are talking about!!

implicature said:
03USMC said:
How about if your a Remington Raider assigned to an Infantry Bn? ;) :shock:

sorry 03 i am still a child in the eyes of The Corps so i don't know what you are talking about!!

Long ago typewriters used by the Marine Corps were manufactured by Remington. Marines, clerks etc, who pounded upon said typewriters were called Remington Raiders.

Point is Marines in MOS's such as Supply, Admin etc get assigned to Infantry Bn's, Artillery Bn's, Armor Bn's, etc. The beauty of H&S Companies and HQ Batteries. You deploy with the unit. You do your job but are also available as immediate replacements.

Ask my Uncle. He was 1/7 Bn Supply Clerk in 1950. He became a sqaud leader in Able 1/7 for Inchon.

03USMC said:
Long ago typewriters used by the Marine Corps were manufactured by Remington. Marines, clerks etc, who pounded upon said typewriters were called Remington Raiders.

Point is Marines in MOS's such as Supply, Admin etc get assigned to Infantry Bn's, Artillery Bn's, Armor Bn's, etc. The beauty of H&S Companies and HQ Batteries. You deploy with the unit. You do your job but are also available as immediate replacements.

Ask my Uncle. He was 1/7 Bn Supply Clerk in 1950. He became a sqaud leader in Able 1/7 for Inchon.

i think that sounds like a mos i would like... i may have to look into the details of that one!! i may be a remington raider in about a year!

Back