Joining a PMC

JackIMF

First off
-I'm 17 but won't join till i graduate high school, so 19 when joining
-I know a reputable pmc won't hire anyone without military experience
-I know any non-reputable pmc is probably going to get me killed in some 3rd world country
-I don't want to join the US military or FFL simply because there is to much structure and to many rules. Same with a mainstream pmc.
-I understand I'm possibly throwing my life away, especially considering I get good grades and probably had a future.
-I understand the conditions in the places I'll most likely end up are terrible
-I'd rather die than go to jail in some 3rd world
-I don't have any mental problems and I'm physically fit
-I'd never be happy with a normal job
-My dad left me (when I was a baby. I never new him, so i really don't care), and my mom died in a car crash 2 years ago (living with an aunt and uncle, they treat me well and everything) so i don't have any family that would be sad if i die, or at least that would be genuinely sad.
-I'm doing this for the adventure it would offer, don't judge me
-I don't play call of duty or anything like that so don't say "you kids need to stop playing video games and grow up" like I've seen on other posts like this

So, any companies I should join? I live in the US, but I understand it will probably be in another country. If there's any advice or points you'd like to raise, go ahead I'd actually appreciate it. Thanks!

No offense but I am not sure this is the right site to be looking for advice on how to get yourself killed.

If it were me I would disregard comment number 4 and join the military because like it or not you are going to need to come to grips with both structure and rules no matter whether you join a PMC or bag groceries at your local supermarket some one will always be your boss.

So basically my advice is suck it up, join the military for 5 or so years get some experience and qualifications behind you then start looking at reputable PMC's that wont get you killed to cut their wage bill.

I know there will always be a boss, the problem with the army is that there is way to much structure for me. Also, I'm not saying I want to die, just that I understand the chances of it are significantly higher than that of the regular forces. Besides, reputable pmc's do a lot of non-combat related jobs like, well security for instance.

Hi Jack,

I assume your name is Jack (if it is your real name, be careful to use it online)

The PMC and PSC are different now than they were five-ten years ago. In the democratic world, the utilization of these companies have changed. Today they they are gravitating toward being more analytic and are contracted to be an additional asset to governmental departments and agencies. The main reason for this shift from what can be classified as military in its operations toward the civilian analytic operations is; there is a political sensitivity to have non military personnel conducting operations for these democratic elected governments. There were too many incidents with these companies, another reason for this shift can also be a much lesser need to have them when the US and European countries are slowly reducing their military presence in conflict zones around the world.

Regardless these obstacles for you to climb over, you need a solid training to be considered as a PMC or PSC. The proper career for these people are either the military, the special forces are preferred, the law enforcement, in an American context, being an FBI agent, ATF, or DEA. To have the goal to be working for the analytic companies if I can call them that. You need to have a background as an analyst at the CIA, DIA, or similar agencies or departments. You don't like structures and discipline, you will never be any of the above

First off
-I'm 17 but won't join till i graduate high school, so 19 when joining
-I know a reputable pmc won't hire anyone without military experience
-I know any non-reputable pmc is probably going to get me killed in some 3rd world country
-I don't want to join the US military or FFL simply because there is to much structure and to many rules. Same with a mainstream pmc.
-I understand I'm possibly throwing my life away, especially considering I get good grades and probably had a future.
-I understand the conditions in the places I'll most likely end up are terrible
-I'd rather die than go to jail in some 3rd world
-I don't have any mental problems and I'm physically fit
-I'd never be happy with a normal job
-My dad left me (when I was a baby. I never new him, so i really don't care), and my mom died in a car crash 2 years ago (living with an aunt and uncle, they treat me well and everything) so i don't have any family that would be sad if i die, or at least that would be genuinely sad.
-I'm doing this for the adventure it would offer, don't judge me
-I don't play call of duty or anything like that so don't say "you kids need to stop playing video games and grow up" like I've seen on other posts like this

So, any companies I should join? I live in the US, but I understand it will probably be in another country. If there's any advice or points you'd like to raise, go ahead I'd actually appreciate it. Thanks!
Get yourself an education and a decent job.
You are daydreaming about something that is unrealistic.
And with the attitude you have - don´t join the Military - you will not like it. We prefer disciplined people with a sense of reality.

You actually think anyone would even consider hiring someone with no experience?
Your attitude will sink any other chance you might get.
You think anyone would trust their back to you?

Suck it up and join the Army. There's going to be structure and rules no matter where you go. That's a fact of life. Is it the fact that there's more NCOs/Officers in the Army you'd have to respect? Because I will tell you if you're lucky enough to get hired worth a PMC/PSC, you have to remember that if you disrespect your superiors it won't be a slap on the wrist. You're more likely to get fired.

Believe it or not I'm a completely respectable kid. If I wanted to I could make it in the army. Just because I don't want that kind of structure doesn't mean I'm a delinquent. Actually, I plan to join the military if I can't find any other work. Second there are plenty of pmc's that will hire kids with no experience. Yeah they pay basically nothing , and yeah they'll probably get you killed, but really I couldn't care less. If I die, well I'm dead so why should I care.

World_War_II_Patriotic_Posters_USA_Military_Recruiting_US_Army_Caveman_Can_Do_It_2LG.jpg

Believe it or not I'm a completely respectable kid. If I wanted to I could make it in the army. Just because I don't want that kind of structure doesn't mean I'm a delinquent. Actually, I plan to join the military if I can't find any other work. Second there are plenty of pmc's that will hire kids with no experience. Yeah they pay basically nothing , and yeah they'll probably get you killed, but really I couldn't care less. If I die, well I'm dead so why should I care.
You have not been in the army, so no - you don´t know if you can handle it.
The military is not a unemployment agency you can go to if you can´find a job.
If there are so many who will hire you, then go and join them.
Big talking man. Like listening to a virgin who talk about sex.

You have not been in the army, so no - you don´t know if you can handle it.
The military is not a unemployment agency you can go to if you can´find a job.
If there are so many who will hire you, then go and join them.
Big talking man. Like listening to a virgin who talk about sex.

Nah let him come join the Army. He'll get a dose of reality when that Drill Sergeant gets in his face.

I am sorry to tell you this; Burger King, MacDonalds, Wendy's, DQ, Taco Bell and the others aren't PMC's, but they hire people without any experience.

So you are going to come in here and dictate terms on what we can say to you because you think you are the exception to the rule just like every other 17 year old in the world. If you had this all lined up then why the hell did you come on here to ask anyways?

You think you don't care if you will die... I laugh at you. You don't have any clue what you are talking about in any of this, especially death. That crap might work on your buddies when you are standing around trying to be tough tough. Guys like me see right through the BS fascade and know you are actually just posturing little boys. The thing you don't realize is that in a combat environment, that BS will not only get you killed, but others killed too.

You're entitled to nothing! Pull your head outta your ass and realize that what you're talking about is a pipedream. If you don't have experience, noone will hire you period. Welcome to reality.

I start off with kids just like him every two and a half months. By the time I'm done, they are trained soldiers. Disciplined, motivated, and respectful.

I start off with kids just like him every two and a half months. By the time I'm done, they are trained soldiers. Disciplined, motivated, and respectful.

Mostly...I would be lying if I said that there weren't quite a few who make it through IET with the sense of entitlement that characterizes this younger generation still intact. Quite a few know it alls too, just like this kid. Maybe I'm just getting older, but I don't remember privates, or civilians even, being as disrespectful as I have seen the last 5 years in the Army. It isn't a lot, but it is enough to realize there is a problem out there much bigger than BCT/OSUT can handle.

I got into it with a kid a few months ago because he wanted to know what combat was like. I told him he wouldn't understand and by the way he was talking it was clear he thought he was something special. He was supposed to join the Army as an infantryman and was trying to get a feel for how it all goes. I told him that he was no different than anyone else, he was the same...utterly the same. He didn't like it at all, then he went on a tirade calling me a coward and that I fear death and all kinds of nonsense. It was comical...but sad at the same time. When I came in the Army, or even before then, when a combat veteran talked, you shut the fvck up and listened...I guess we are a dime a dozen these days...

When did I ever say I know it all? None of you know anything about what I've been thru. I'm not some pampered naive kid who thinks there entitled to anything. In fact I probably have had a tougher life than most of you when you were 17. The reason I came here was to get advice on how to join one not about how I should get a real job and keep my head out of the clouds. You guys think you know it all, talking about how I wouldn't make it through basic training and crap like that, we newsflash, a lot of people do, millions in fact.

Back