Joining the military

marcel90

Hello everyone I have a couple of questions and i really hope someone can help me with some answers and some good advices.
I want to join a military force (international military force or a mercenary group), the problem is that I have no military experience and I don't want to join the RO army (I have my own reasons) Joining another country's army is very hard (from what I read), mercenary companies look for people with experience , and frankly I don't think there are any in RO, I heard about French Foreign Legion and I was wondering if there are any alternatives like forking for the UN, or NATO,US maybe some mercenary companies that don't require me to go to US or to be a US or another country's citizen.
(Personal details:I have 20 years, athletic constitution, 1,75m, 75kg, I finished high school, currently in making college, I speak 3 languages: RO, EN, FR. )
:salute2:

Emigrate and enlist. I imagine most PMC's will be scaling back now that they've taken such a hit for their reputation. With the worldwide economy is the tank, I imagine most countries are able to be more selective on who enlists right now. Let's see, you are from Romania, are you part or wholly Magyar? Perhaps look into Hungary's situation, unless of course you are ethnic Romanian, then I probably just pissed you off anyways. The UN wouldn't have any use for you as a PMC, but if you are looking for service abroad, a chance to get out of Romania (your post suggests some circumstance that is pushing you away from the Romanian military or perhaps Romania itself) and to travel there should be a UN office of some sort you can contact in Bucharest for information. Other options? NATO is an alliance, so you would have to go through a member country's military to get involved with that. The Peace Corps is an option to get foreign service abroad, plenty of danger and challenges involved with that. You can contact Green Peace if your primary goal is to blow **** up, destroy property, and recklessly risk lives (your own included.) Try looking for companies contracted to provide security to oil pipelines in every country with large Muslim populations, massive oil reserves, and a government that is too cozy with America, basically the Middle East minus Iran (which one can argue is not in the Middle East anyways, of course I always counter that by saying the Middle East is an outdated term, the correct geographic designator is Southwest Asia.)

That's all I can come up with on the spot.

I am of Romanian no other nationality not even half (don't worry I have nothing about hungarians ), thanks a lot for the advices they were really helpful, if I will have any futher questions I will post them, until then good luck. (from what i knew The Peace Corps, and green peace are pacefull organizations but I will look into them as well )

Last edited:
Back