Japanese brutal killed and torture European POWS during the world war 2.

I have asked this question hundreds times in this forum but I haven't got my answer yet so don't try more. Maybe "freedom" in " We proud of our soldiers fight for freedom" has also other mean in English language like "Colonization", "Capitalism", "natural resource" or things like that and we are not aware.

Hey Udaka, if you are reading this, you now have a friend... :roll:

Notice how these guys like to stick together... How interesting...:mrgreen:

Hi Hamid...

If we're such horrible allies, then why are Japan and South Korea two of the most modern societies in the world?

By the way, the US sent George C Marshall to mediate between the KMT and PRC forces during the Chinese civil war and he found them irreconcilable. Not to mention the KMT were absolutely corrupt and Chiang Kai Shek didn't have total control of his military. He had an oppurtunity to defeat Mao's forces in 1946 when he went on the offensive in Manchuria, BUT, the undicliplined KMT soldiers got bogged down with things like stealing, raping, and pillaging the countryside while the communist forces were actually winning the support of the people in the countryside.

The KMT lost the war because they were corrupt and incompetant. We had already supplied them with a majority of their funding and equipment, should we have fought for their independence as well? Or even worse go to nuclear war with Russia over their ally the communist Chinese?

If we're such horrible allies, then why are Japan and South Korea two of the most modern societies in the world?

By the way, the US sent George C Marshall to mediate between the KMT and PRC forces during the Chinese civil war and he found them irreconcilable. Not to mention the KMT were absolutely corrupt and Chiang Kai Shek didn't have total control of his military. He had an oppurtunity to defeat Mao's forces in 1946 when he went on the offensive in Manchuria, BUT, the undicliplined KMT soldiers got bogged down with things like stealing, raping, and pillaging the countryside while the communist forces were actually winning the support of the people in the countryside.

The KMT lost the war because they were corrupt and incompetant. We had already supplied them with a majority of their funding and equipment, should we have fought for their independence as well? Or even worse go to nuclear war with Russia over their ally the communist Chinese?

I have to agree with this...

Corruption will pull a government down- any government, for that matter. From the news that we read, there seem to be plenty of it in China.

These Chinese almost forgot that their national could have been Japanese had the Allies not extend their help in the war against Japan.

If we put China's current politics (defending the Syrian government against the rebels) on their civil war in China after WWII then they must conclude that the legitimate government (Kuomintang) is not defeated (they still hold Taiwan) and that the rebels (Chinese Communist Party) still occupy mainland China.

If we put China's current politics (defending the Syrian government against the rebels) on their civil war in China after WWII then they must conclude that the legitimate government (Kuomintang) is not defeated (they still hold Taiwan) and that the rebels (Chinese Communist Party) still occupy mainland China.

The ROC were never defeated. They withdrew to Taiwan and has been there ever since. It has been a thorn on the PRC's side since then...

Essintially correct, except they were defeated, same as if the White Russian Govt could have found a safe haven in some part of the country.

Essintially correct, except they were defeated, same as if the White Russian Govt could have found a safe haven in some part of the country.

Hi George, my definition of defeated is when the fella throws in his towel and agree to some sort of condition.

That never really happened between ROC and PRC. Just like the two Koreas, there was never really an actual peace settlement...

I may stand to be corrected, however...

I am a Chinese.May I ask a question? Beause Japan invade China in 1937,many Chinese soldiers and people die in the war. Still many Chinese people hate Japanese nowday.
How the European view the When Japanese soldiers kill them,abuse them? Are they very fear Japanese ? or very hate them?
I don't encourage hate crime, but I am very curiosity, These Japanese abuse European so cruel.
But USA take Japan as so-call the most important ally after world war 2. Are USA want use of Japan or other intention?
It's unimaginable for a Asia people!
It’s in our culture. We forgive. We forgive others for their wrongdoings. Look at how the US and EU helps the countries we beat down. We are a very forgiving bunch.

Nobody give me an answer?
Sorry, I don’t live on-line.

Maybe the European or Caucasians had rule the world for centuries since Columbus discovered the New World. Perhaps European only trust the " jungle law" ,

That is " only the stronger can survive, the weak were taken.'' When Caucasians meet any race or advance civilization can challenge them, even beat them, they will surrender immediately.
That is why our China KMT party will loss, China commnuist party and Japan can success,because they don't believe the western.
I don’t seem to understand this part. Mind explaining this to me?

I am sad for this condition. The European birth many Scientists, musicians, philosophers,engineers, mathematicians, writers... That is said,the race very smart and excellent.

And European Scientists discover and invent many thing,like "electricity ,telivision,radio,computer,nuclear power.submarine,satellite,telephone,icebox....." But their thinking and action remain stay at "jungle law". The "jungle law " is a very backward law for animals.
We are the human ,not the animals.We are intelligent beings that can change our life,even change many thing!

If the European continue trust "jungle law", then let it go!
Udaka you want the truth, right? The real truth? The honest to gosh better than anything else truth? Are you sure you're ready for it?

Ok.

The truth is, we don’t want to fight. We can and we will if we are pushed into it. But for the most part we don’t want war. We’d rather work things out for a win-win situation. But piss us off, and it’s Hiroshima all over again. We’ll kick arse and take names. We’ll beat the other side down so low and so hard that they need our help to get back up. And when it’s over, we’ll forgive them. Again.

But we don’t forget.

udaka I hope that answers your questions. :drink:

Germany has & continues to recieve flak for the Holocaust, at least the Jewish part of it, less so all the other groups persecuted. Japan was as barbaric in China as the Nazis, mass atrocities, bio warfare, medical expieriments, yet we see no movies covering any of it vs the Germans. Reportedly Japanese records that might have shone light on things was returned to Japan w/o them even being translated. Leaders of the medical experiments founded what became a leading medical company there, ect, ect.

Hi George, my definition of defeated is when the fella throws in his towel and agree to some sort of condition.

That never really happened between ROC and PRC. Just like the two Koreas, there was never really an actual peace settlement...

I may stand to be corrected, however...
Being forced out of a huge country & onto a small island is defeat, it would have been total had the ChiComs had the naval capability to finish them off.

Germany has & continues to recieve flak for the Holocaust, at least the Jewish part of it, less so all the other groups persecuted. Japan was as barbaric in China as the Nazis, mass atrocities, bio warfare, medical expieriments, yet we see no movies covering any of it vs the Germans. Reportedly Japanese records that might have shone light on things was returned to Japan w/o them even being translated. Leaders of the medical experiments founded what became a leading medical company there, ect, ect.

As one former member of the British 14th Army and former Jap POW said during a TV interview, "Not only were we the forgotten Army, we are the forgotten POW's."

As one former member of the British 14th Army and former Jap POW said during a TV interview, "Not only were we the forgotten Army, we are the forgotten POW's."

I wouldn't say forgotten but unknown. Here in Europe almost everyone (at that time) was a witness of the Nazi brutality. For the Europeans the Pacific war was far away and only some British, French and Dutch troops were involved.

The same was true for the sailors of the Atlantic convoys. They too had to wait a long time before their actions got the attention they deserved. Unknown, unloved.

Rubbish, there's been plenty of evidence shown around the world especially in Britain of Jap excess's, torture, murder, rape you name it is shown on TV on a regular basis.

There was uproar when Elizabeth II invited Hirohito to Britain in October 1971, many Burma vets returned their "Burma Star" to Buckinham Palace.

No, you are wrong, ex Jap POW's are forgotten, not unknown. Japan has never apologised officially for their actions and still refuse to pay compensation.

Rubbish, there's been plenty of evidence shown around the world especially in Britain of Jap excess's, torture, murder, rape you name it is shown on TV on a regular basis.

There was uproar when Elizabeth II invited Hirohito to Britain in October 1971, many Burma vets returned their "Burma Star" to Buckinham Palace.

No, you are wrong, ex Jap POW's are forgotten, not unknown. Japan has never apologised officially for their actions and still refuse to pay compensation.

Plenty yes, but not as much as the war in Europe, and not everyone knows as much about WWII as you.

January 16, 1998 : Prime Minister Hashimoto apologized to British prisoners of war for actions taken during World War II

March 3, 2011 : Foreign Minister Seiji Maehara apologized to a group of Australian POWs visiting Japan as guests of the Government of Japan for the ill-treatment they received while in Imperial Japanese captivity

December 8, 2011 : Parliamentary Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs Toshiyuki Kat apologized to Canada for their treatment of Canadian POW's after the Battle of Hong Kong.

I know, it was too late, but better late than never.

And what about the Gurkhas and West African soldiers who fought with the British, aren't they "forgotten" too? (maybe the Africans unknow)

Plenty yes, but not as much as the war in Europe, and not everyone knows as much about WWII as you.

I'm not an expert by any means

January 16, 1998 : Prime Minister Hashimoto apologized to British prisoners of war for actions taken during World War II

March 3, 2011 : Foreign Minister Seiji Maehara apologized to a group of Australian POWs visiting Japan as guests of the Government of Japan for the ill-treatment they received while in Imperial Japanese captivity

December 8, 2011 : Parliamentary Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs Toshiyuki Kat apologized to Canada for their treatment of Canadian POW's after the Battle of Hong Kong.

I know, it was too late, but better late than never.

So what? All these apologies were personal apologies, they were not made on behalf of Japan, the Japs still lie regarding their role in WW2 in their schools of the treatment of POW's and the bastards still refuse to pay compensation for their actions to their victims. During a visit to Japan Leonard Cheshire VC who was a witness to the dropping of the A bomb was asked by a Japanese journalist "What does it feel like to be a war criminal?" If I had been Cheshire the Jap would have been picking his teeth up off of the floor.

And what about the Gurkhas and West African soldiers who fought with the British, aren't they "forgotten" too? (maybe the Africans unknow)

What about them? Show me where I said they shouldn't be apologised to or compensated. I'm not going to fight everyone's battles, I am sure others are more able and better equipped to do that. You are again trying to start an argument where there isn't one, one of your old tactics and I am not getting into one of your stupid and senseless arguments.

I stand by the statement "Not only were we the forgotten Army, we are the forgotten POW's."

Last edited:
I was a manager for large organisation a few years after the war and I knew many men who had been Japanese POW and I did not know one of them who was able to work to his retirement age. Every single one of them either died early or had to retire from ill health. What gets up my nose is that the Japanese still wont admit that their actions were wrong. Okay they say it was not in their culture to surrender yet when the Japan surrendered many of the top people were doing deals all over the place to escape being tried as a war criminal.

I'm not defending the Japanese point of view but one must take it into account. They viewed surrenderers as cowards. Not many Japs surrendered, fighting men that is. Their point of view is in our point of view unacceptable, but we won and could force it upon them. If it would have been the way around maybe some families would be ashamed of a member that surrendered.

About forgotten and/or unknown. It all depends on what you know. How many heroes are unknown? (the battle for Keren ao).

I am Sorry, I still have any questions want to ask: The European said our Chinese assistaince and trade with African, are want to exploit the materials and mineral. even take Africa as colony like west countries.

Our Chinese don't take black people for slaves like some countries. don't sell any weapons to Africans in African civil wars. Let they kill each other!

we just gives some finacial assistance and trade our goods to African people. Why cause the west countries envy and assuse?? The African can't produce iceboxs, TV, computers,printers ,mobile phones,machines,Generator ,motorcycles ,engine etc..... ,many products.

If they buy the same products that made in west countries. The price are three times than Chinese products. The African can't affordable. We improve the daylife quality of African people.
If we don't get or buy some minerals from African continent. Do you want our Chinese give our products to African people for free?? If China don't buy the mineral from Africans. The Africans had some moneys improve their lives?

If you are a Caucasians, can you tell me the reason?

Last edited:
Back