Introducing the new "Like" feature

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
How many times have you seen a post you thought where good/funny but you really didn't have anything more to add or say so you didn't bother to post a reply there??

I've just added a new "like" system here for things like that, so just you like you're used to on Facebook and other social sites you can now "Like" posts here as well without having to write a reply with only :) :) :) :) :) :) or similar..... :smil:

The number of "Likes" in a thread will be displayed at the top of the thread, with a drop-down link to the "liked" posts.
A new tab has also been added to your profiles where you can see the "likes" you have received in your own posts.

I hope you "like" this new addition to the forums! :cool:

Please post in here if you have any questions to this feature:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/questions-forum-suggestion-box-25/

I see that the "Like" box at the top is bugged in Internet Explorer, working on that now...

Edit: should be working in IE as well now. :smil:

Updating the "Likes" system a bit now, so the notifications may reset a few times and give you notification of all received Likes as new ones under "Your Notifications".

Sorry about that. :smil:

The "Likes" system has been updated to a new system now.
It works the same way as the old one, but the buttons and info about Likes has been moved to the bottom of each post.

You can also find new "Hottest Threads / Posts" and "Thanks / Likes Statistics" links under "Quick Links" at the top menu.

:smil:

A minor update to the "Likes" system today.
If you get 10 likes or more on one post the entire post will change color, yay!! :cool:

Back