Illegal to own sex toys in US states?

Infern0

Banned
This will have positively no effect on their society unless they ban the human sex drive as well.

You'd think they'd want more such publications about, if they're trying to control their birth rate. :-D

isn't there a US state where it's illegal to own sex toys?

isn't there a US state where it's illegal to own sex toys?

As recently as 1990, these states had laws against the use of [sex toys]: Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Washington D.C.

http://www.dribbleglass.com/subpages/strange/sexlaws.htm

following Taliban? It's weird......

Or that of John Ashcroft.

Last edited:
I'd like to see them enforce that. The only situation I can think of where they'd be able to is if you are already commiting a crime by getting it on in a public space.

I wonder what exactly the Chinese are trying to achieve with this legislation. What will it prevent? What will it contribute? Are they just insane?

As recently as 1990, these states had laws against the use of [sex toys]: Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Washington D.C.

You got to be kidding, wow what boring places to be. :-(

You got to be kidding, wow what boring places to be. :-(

Well, seeing how most of those States are in the Bible Belt I'd say the Elected Officials wanted the people living there to spend more time reading the Bible and less time reading the intended use of and safe operating instructions for the toys in question.

Bible Belt states? You're kidding right? The Bible Belt is commonly defined as those Southern states dominated by the Southern Baptist Convention and a few other protestant denominations. Massachusetts, Rhode Island, DC, Idaho, Arizona, Virginia, and even Maryland would not be considered Bible Belt States. In fact most of those states are not even Southern. Ok so maybe I'll concede VA but...

Last edited:
Bible Belt states? You're kidding right? The Bible Belt is commonly defined as those Southern states dominated by the Southern Baptist Convention and a few other protestant denominations. Massachusetts, Rhode Island, DC, Idaho, Arizona, Virginia, and even Maryland would not be considered Bible Belt States. In fact most of those states are not even Southern.

I counted Virginia, not the Buckle of the Belt, and not in NOVA, but I've been around Virginia, south and west of NOVA, and it's pretty much like the Carolina's religiously. I didn't count DC either way, seeing how it is a Federal District.

I conceded VA but those other states are hardly Bible Belters. Liberal? Some but Bilbe Belt, hardly.

Yeah, it's on the books (From days gone by) but it's not enforced.

found it;

Court upholds sex toy ban, no fundamental right to dildos

Posted by Xeni Jardin, March 14, 2006 8:08 PM | # |

Sad news for sex-positive folk in Mississippi: a federal appeals court has upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit filed by an adult shop challenging that state's ban on the sale of sex toys. In other words, it remains a crime for responsible adults to sell vibrators to other adults there, but a gun? No prob!
bondageduckie.jpg
Adam and Eve and ZJ Gifts LLC, the Memphis-based owner of Christal's chain of adult stores, sued the state of Mississippi in 2000. The company, which closed an adult store in Southaven in 2001, claimed the law barring the sale of certain adult devices was unconstitutional. A Hinds County judge ruled in 2003 that state law does not extend the right to privacy to the commercial sale of sexual devices. The Mississippi high court said there is no fundamental right of access to buy sexual devices.
The justices said while a federal court had found a similar Alabama law was unconstitutional, other courts — including ones in Georgia, Louisiana and Texas — have rejected attempts to expand the right to privacy to include the commercial sale of sex toys.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/03/14/court-upholds-sex-to.html
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060314/NEWS/60314014

Well, seeing how most of those States are in the Bible Belt I'd say the Elected Officials wanted the people living there to spend more time reading the Bible and less time reading the intended use of and safe operating instructions for the toys in question.

Well I can kinda say that I come across the Religious bible bashers all the time, and they tend to be the most kinky, could it be a repression thing :wink:

:horsie:

funnily enough, in the news today;

Supreme Court denies Alabama women mechanically induced orgasms

Posted by Mark Frauenfelder, October 1, 2007 5:22 PM | # | Discuss (32)

GordonUnleashed says: "Talk about sex toys is once again the buzz around Alabama. The United States Supreme Court refused to hear the Alabama sex toy case, ending a nine year battle for the right to keep and bear (well, more accurately, purchase) sex toys in the state. Sherri Williams provided the money quote in this AP article:"
An adult-store owner had asked the justices to throw out the law as an unconstitutional intrusion into the privacy of the bedroom. But the Supreme Court declined to hear the appeal, leaving intact a lower court ruling that upheld the law. Sherri Williams, owner of Pleasures stores in Huntsville and Decatur, said she was disappointed, but plans to sue again on First Amendment free speech grounds.
“My motto has been they are going to have to pry this vibrator from my cold, dead hand. I refuse to give up,” she said.
Alabama’s anti-obscenity law, enacted in 1998, bans the distribution of “any device designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs for anything of pecuniary value.”

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jVTk0RxEEvO0n78b2XK1H8vSPXiQD8S0L3FO1
http://gordonunleashed.com/blog/2007/10/01/you-gotta-fight-for-your-right-to-vibrate/
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/10/01/supreme-court-denies.html

so, we have some people jumping up and down about how mean an evil the chinese govt is, time may be better spent on more restrictive laws enforced
in your own backyard.

“My motto has been they are going to have to pry this vibrator from my cold, dead hand. I refuse to give up,” she said.

ROFLMAO! I wouldn't got that far but kinda see her point.

All these laws are very harsh and out dated.

Whats Next no kissing in public?

What goes on out side the public view should be left there.

As for the religious side of things, Adam and Eve were not married, or even wore no clothes while in the garden of eden, were no one could see, they got up to nookie. Good enough for them, good enough for us. 8)

And No laws stopping them from having a little fun :drunkb:

I kinda feeling the US laws still full of fire and brimestone. :-?

Back