if...?

GuyontheRight said:
Same could be said for a lot of battles, not the least of which was Tours...

agree, but this was more than battle, it was conflict of civilizations, in the heart of europe. europe was lucky, if that battle happened 100 years earlyer I am not sure what would happened, u would be called hassan.

serbianpower said:
GuyontheRight said:

agree, but this was more than battle, it was conflict of civilizations, in the heart of europe. europe was lucky, if that battle happened 100 years earlyer I am not sure what would happened, u would be called hassan.

Where I live and go to school, everbody but me is called Hassan, Mustafa, or something like that. I don't think it makes difference :?

Bootboy82 said:
serbianpower said:
GuyontheRight said:

Where I live and go to school, everbody but me is called Hassan, Mustafa, or something like that. I don't think it makes difference :?

I am just sayin` that things would look different. btw i have friends called samir ad halil and it really does not make any difference. but I must remind u that balkan peninsula was not europes rectum before turks came. balkan countries were well developed. after turkish invasion balkan was in dead end for ages. all of the results of renesance, and other cultural `reforms`and progres that folowed after the 15th century left very little traces there. that is why balkan is barell full with tnt even now. now, imagine central and western europe after few hundered years of turkish regime. I have nothing against anybody, do not get me wrong please. I am just saying that it is beter it happened the way it did, back then in 1683.

turks were tough SOB's although we,and russians eventually blasted their thurban arses out of balkan ;)

Re: ?????????????

Anya1982 said:
godofthunder9010 said:
More turbans, less crosses.

Turks are arabic they don't wear turbans

btw Turks are not arabic, they originaly came from central Asia. In this period of time they were wearing turban, just like Seeks, but they were made of silk.

serbianpower said:
Anya1982 said:
godofthunder9010 said:

btw Turks are not arabic, they originaly came from central Asia. In this period of time they were wearing turban, just like Seeks, but they were made of silk.

Actually turks are arabic they may of formed in asia but they are now arabic and counted as that

Anya1982 said:
serbianpower said:
Anya1982 said:
godofthunder9010 said:

Actually turks are arabic they may of formed in asia but they are now arabic and counted as that

maybe only for u. only common thing is religion.

serbianpower said:
Anya1982 said:
godofthunder9010 said:

I know that they are not descended from the Arabs. The Turks DID essentially take control the destiny of most of the world of Islam for several centuries though.

Interestingly enough, Ghengis Khan and the Mongols had a substantial Turkish component to their armies. They were neighbors, geographically and quite similar culturally.

The Ottoman Turks (and other Turks who settled in the Middle East) lost much of their cultural identity and adopted much from the Byzantines, Persians and Arabs culture as their own.

Back