• Yes

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

Every voting year, this always is an issue. The Republicans want to pass laws requiring ID voters to show ID cards at the polls. Democrats are resisting by saying minorities will be hindered by that rule. I guess 8 states currently have laws requiring ID cards at the polls.

Personally, I think everyone should show an ID card at the polls simply because it hinders those who cannot vote from voting. An ID card of some sorts is required in our society for a bunch of actions which include driving banking, health care, check cashing, credit card use ect ect ect. Why not voting too? If for some reason a person has lived without an ID card, this law should motivate them to go get one. I just don't see how this law discriminates against anyone. All one has to do is go to the DMV with the proper papers. I think the costs are less than $10 if I remember correctly.

ID cards at the polls is the topic of this poll

I see photo IDs and raise with a computer count of how many times and where said card is used. All poll officials should have background checks and ballot boxes should be equipped with tamper proof GPS monitors. A lot of voter fraud is commited by polling officials.

Here's the thing.

Despite GOP claims, there isn't a shred of evidence thats supports their claims of wide-scale voter fraud. Its very much like listening to Bill O'Reilly "War on Christmas" creating a non-existent problem in the attempt to scare people. The sole exception to this was Ann Coulter who was caught red-handed voting in an area she wasn't supposed to be voting at.

I mean seriously, how can anyone be worried about voter fraud when only 46% of the country actually votes?

Remember what scares Republicans the most is Voting Minorities (Blacks and Hispanics). These groups vote Democrat and should they start voting en-mass (as is what is happening) the GOP will be out of power...permanently.

The funny thing is this, Do you know what has caused the increase in the Hispanic vote? Its a reaction to the GOP led initiative to hunt down all illegal immigrants. Once again fear tactics have boomeranged against the people who used them.

There are a number of reasons why the Voter ID is wrong (or legal).

The Voter ID card is not free. There is a charge (about $20-$40). Not much, but to someone only making minimum wage thats a chunk of change.
Guess who that hurts? The poor. The poor vote Democrat. So what you are doing is paying for the right to vote. That my friend, is a Poll tax. If you read your history Poll Taxes were a method used by Jim Crow during the reconstruction to keep Blacks and Native American from voting and was just as unconstitutional in 1870 as it is today.

A final example of how Voter ID is more motivated by politics than by anything else. Just look at one area in particular the GOP is NOT pushing for voter ID. South Florida. Which of course, is a GOP enclave thanks to its Cuban community. Isn't odd how the GOP only seems worried about Democrat neighborhoods but not Republican.

They way out? Institute a National ID like many other countries have. Its free, and cheat proof. Once again take a wild guess which party is against a national ID?

You have FREE national IDs?? Here they are to be compulsory and cost the individual some $200. BUT - you don't have to carry it !

One practical consideration is that anything that can can be produced can be forged, if the stakes are high enough. Multi-multi identities can be raised by those with important agendas. 1 little card gives the offender all the protection needed, so the system then works against you.

Am I wrong, or am I wrong?

Last edited:
You have FREE national IDs?? Here they are to be compulsory and cost the individual some $200. BUT - you don't have to carry it !

One practical consideration is that anything that can can be produced can be forged, if the stakes are high enough. Multi-multi identities can be raised by those with important agendas. 1 little card gives the offender all the protection needed, so the system then works against you.

Am I wrong, or am I wrong?

Actually we don't have any national ID cards. There is a movement to get one, but its opposed by the GOP. In France they are compulsory and yes they are free to all citizens. You are required to carry it though, you can be arrested if you dont provide it to the police upon demand.

As for forgories its difficult. The photo is integrated on the ID like the new US passports, making it tricky to copy.

Last edited:
It looks like today the senate passed a bill that bans federal funding for a national id card. The bill was headed by the 2 Montana Senators who were democrats. I cannot find a voting record on it. I guess it takes a day for that stuff to come up.

I will post my findings tomorrow. Those who voted for the measure are enemies of the national ID card.

I think an ID of some kind is mandatory but isn't writing down your social security number or something of that nature enough? I don't have the right to vote so I wouldn't know how it works.
Personally not only do I think some kind of ID should be necessary, but every high school must have a course over the last two (a short course will do) that covers the aspects of how voting works, the concept of democracy... but laid out in a very simple manner that you would think a 6th grader should understand. Then they should have an exam that you can take once a year until you pass. It should be an easy exam that most of us should be able to walk in and get over 90% without even studying for it (I'm assuming most of us have SOME level of education).
Stupid people shouldn't vote.
And slap a fine on people who don't vote. If you feel strongly enough about not voting to accept a $5,000 fine, then so be it.
"Oh we didn't know..."
Well know about it next time!

Sample questions:
What are the two biggest political parties in the United States?

Who is George Washington? (No questions about anyone else)
a) A famous fisherman from Alaska
b) The first chimpanzee in space
c) America's first president
d) America's first professional kickboxer

A punch card is called a punch card because...
a) You make a hole in a box to select your candidate
b) You use it to punch people
c) There is no such thing as a punch card

"USA" is an abbreviation. What is the full name of this country?

Last edited:
It looks like today the senate passed a bill that bans federal funding for a national id card. The bill was headed by the 2 Montana Senators who were democrats. I cannot find a voting record on it. I guess it takes a day for that stuff to come up.

I will post my findings tomorrow. Those who voted for the measure are enemies of the national ID card.
------------------------------------------------
There are always exceptions, no rule is written in stone.

But your example doesn't surprise me. Montana is a conservative Democrat state, they caucus Democrat but often vote Republican on issues. Just like Maine tends to be very Democrat on the issues, and yet both her senators are Republicans. Montana also doesn't have much of a illegal immigrant problem unless you count the Moose crossing the Canadian border.

Still, I find it rather hypocritical to push for Voter ID card (especially in areas run by the opposition) and to be against a Federal ID system. The Dems are not against a ID system, only against one that is intended to discriminate against their voters and I have good reason to doubt the GOP motives on this issue.

Last edited:
Why not require ID at the polls? Most State's issue non-driver ID's at minimal cost.

Thats another option. The only catch is that it must be free ID. You start charging even a penny and you enter a legal limbo. But a Free state (or Federal) ID would work. I generally prefer Federal Cards because I think it should be the same system everywhere.

In NY state you must have a voters registration card (its free) they will even mail you the application pre-posted. The system works fine, and I don't recall any suggestion of voter fraud the entire 28 years I lived there. Thats why I don't trust the GOP on the issue and why I seriously doubt their motives.

Last edited:
Every voting year, this always is an issue. The Republicans want to pass laws requiring ID voters to show ID cards at the polls. Democrats are resisting by saying minorities will be hindered by that rule. I guess 8 states currently have laws requiring ID cards at the polls.

Personally, I think everyone should show an ID card at the polls simply because it hinders those who cannot vote from voting. An ID card of some sorts is required in our society for a bunch of actions which include driving banking, health care, check cashing, credit card use ect ect ect. Why not voting too? If for some reason a person has lived without an ID card, this law should motivate them to go get one. I just don't see how this law discriminates against anyone. All one has to do is go to the DMV with the proper papers. I think the costs are less than $10 if I remember correctly.

ID cards at the polls is the topic of this poll

Well I can't see an issue with producing some form of photo ID although I am not sure why it couldn't be any "government" issued photo (Drivers license, passport etc.).

Thats another option. The only catch is that it must be free ID. You start charging even a penny and you enter a legal limbo. But a Free state (or Federal) ID would work. I generally prefer Federal Cards because I think it should be the same system everywhere.

In NY state you must have a voters registration card (its free) they will even mail you the application pre-posted. The system works fine, and I don't recall any suggestion of voter fraud the entire 28 years I lived there. Thats why I don't trust the GOP on the issue and why I seriously doubt their motives.

Most voter registration cards are free and issued at county level. I don't know of anywhere in the US that charges to register voters. The only thing is due to funding alot of local goverments can't afford to make them a photo ID.

I don't see to many people who don't have a photo ID of gov issue at any economic level. It's necessary for more than just voting and most people are aware of tha. Except it seems for the great minds that are our political leaders in all parties.

I say yes to the ID card, and yes to the IRS being there as well to go over Imcome Tax Forms, and make sure those who Vote are not ripping the United States Government off by not paying all required Tax, any discrepancies noted will be followed up by a full Audit after Election Day.

And I say they should show their Baptismal Certificate, and if they don't have one a minister/priest should be standing near by with a bucket of water. First Communion will follow after Election Day.

:pirate:

Yes - with immediate ex-communication for those who vote for dodgy candidates.(The Curia's decision is final.)

Back