Iam looking for Info on some patches

rcooper

If anyone can tell me branch or what these patches are i would be grateful.

For some reason this is the only place i can upload pics

Robert

Attachments

• ATD frnt.jpeg
    ATD frnt.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 3
  • ATD 1.jpeg
    ATD 1.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
This is my guess and that's all it is; a guess.
The triangular shape of the patch suggests that it is an American armored organization. The triangular or spearhead shape is used in the design of armor patches. The TD obviously suggests Tank Destroyer. The Tank Destroyer arm was a separate branch of the U.S. Army during WWII. The branch was disbanded shortly after the war.
The A may suggest either First U.S. Army or it may be a company patch. This may be an unauthorized patch, made up by a unit on it's own initiative, without authorization by higher headquarters.
There were many such patches during WWII. And if that is the case, there will be nearly no historical information concerning this item.

Well i will continue my research do you think they have any value? Just wondering trying to put a name with them LOL the search continues....

In terms of value, like any collectable, you have to find a collector who wants the item and then it depends on how bad the collector wants it. If the patch can be authenticated it is obviously more valuable.
There are some Tank Destroyer historical sites on the internet and some have historical photographs. I have seen no photographs showing a patch of this design, There was a distinctive Tank Destroyer shoulder patch, a tiger's face over a tracked vehicle design. That patch is readily seen in photographs, but not the one that you have, so I may be completely wrong about it being a TD item.

i ran across something about advance tactical demonstration. but not sure where i found it now maybe a air force thing i will just keep asking maybe someone has a book or something out there that can even give me a name if this is a made patch not authorized just trying to fit in somewhere i did a google image search with the photo and also sent it to several museums to see if any of them could help . I think the guy i got it from was a air force guy i have stuff (on ebay) from young tigers fuel to fanny's flyboys

thanks for the help i will get to the bottom LOL

Back