About Hypothetical world
|August 27th, 2010||#1|
| || |
Hypothetical world info
What do you think about this hypothetical world? I may easily be incorrect, so feel free to discuss. (Note: All countries are aggressive) Of course, we're assuming a lot here. Anyway, the only certain thing is that the world will be full of chaos
|August 27th, 2010||#2|
| || |
I think that itīs hypothetical and thatīs all there is to it.
Your scenario is all too messy - it makes no sense. Whatīs the motive for all these countries to attack each other?
Thor has a hammer; Jesus was nailed to a cross, any questions?
|August 27th, 2010||#3|
| || |
Well, obviousl, countries want to invade each other for land, resources, markets, ideological differences, and more. Like in the hypothetical situation in which China invades Siam- China once ruled most of Siam and it's in its backyard, so why not claim it? Then why did the British colonize one-fourth of the world? Simple ambition.
|August 27th, 2010||#4|
| || |
OK. An organized version of my thinking of the hypothetical world
China, India, Russia, United Korea Asian front
China invades Siam
India invades Pakistan or China
China and United Korea allies, invades Russia
United Korea invades Japan or Japan invades United Korea
Russia invades Central Asian countries, China
Australia invades New Zealand, takes most of Pacific, stopped by Indonesia
Germany, France, Britain, Turkey European front
Germany invades France or France invades Germany
Britain supports either
Turkey invades Balkans
Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran Middle Eastern front
Israel gets invaded by most Muslim countries
Saudi Arabia may invade Syria and Iran for control of Muslim Middle East
US North American front
The US invades or peacefully annexes Canada, Mexico, Central America
Brazil, Venezuela South American front
Brazil invades or peacefully annexes most of South America
Venezuela invades Colombia, fights with Brazil
I think these will be the military events that will happen in the hypothetical world
|August 27th, 2010||#6|
| || |
Nukes don't sound so bad, after all.
In any case, I think we would attempt to find something else (if there was anything) to substitute having nukes. The resources we didn't commit to acquiring nukes could be invested in other things... such as giant laser cannons in the planet's orbit -- I figured I'd throw it out there, since we're speaking hypothetically.
|August 27th, 2010||#7|
| || |
1. Being a Brit it would take a long stretch to support wither France or Germany, I can see it happening the other way around, but following WWII, neither country is in much of state to enter an arse kicking competition.
2. US would not be able to peacefully annex Canada, despite it's vast land mass, internal divisions and relatively small population, it is very independent, and contrary to popular belief does not regard itself as the 51st state. If the US tried, it would find itself mired in a war that would shrink Iraq & Afghanistan.
3. Pakistan was not created until 1946/7 ish, when it seceded from India, which was released from the British Empire. Had there been no nuclear weapons, would GB have relinquished control so quickly? Probably, but would other countries have pussy footed around India & Pakistan for so long?
4. Israel would be deceased, having nukes helps it enormously, in it's defence of borders.
5. If there were no nukes how long would the apartheid regime in S Africa have lasted, given the "communist" effort to convert Africa, during the Cold War that would possibly never have happened.
6. Brazil has only recently started to gain credibility as an international player, but it is still riven with huge internal issues, realistically speaking I think that South America is an area least affected by the results of nuclear proliferation, too much hard country and too many indigenous people to be worth a military effort, easier to buy them up commercially, much like China is doing now!
7. Australia v NZ - not a cat in hells chance, more likely an alliance, albeit uneasy, but fun cabinet meetings with beer and fisticuffs - Huzzah!
Great idea for a thread, I'm not off to imagine a world where beer is on tap, just like Whisky Galore and how that makes people happy.
|August 27th, 2010||#8|
| || |
Can you show me on a Risk board please?
|August 28th, 2010||#9|
| || |
Not only no nukes, but then also the rest WWII area?
Sorry, did not read any further, maybe you should write a book about a What-If in WWII?
15M(ay): Noooobody! ...expects the Spanish Revolution!:
Update SEP 2011: Now reached US, called "Occupy Wall Street" and they claim they invented it. Thanks for learning from Spain!