How do I get CAP, Sea Cadets, Y. Marines started locally

I went ahead and split this topic, thought we better keep the other on topic, and it makes a good one anyway.

Look for other Composite Sqs near by and ask for help, I'm sure they will be willing to help out a new Sq, or hopeful. As for JROTC and navy cadets, I dont know.

All I know its hard, really hard. You need to take time out of your own pocket to orgonixe it, to get the members to get the seniors and to get the teachers for different clases such as, but not limited to: Leadership, Character development, Aerospace, Safety, general clases and SO MUCH MORE! (and thats just CAP)

oh seems like Y.M. is much easyer to get started

would i be better off in JROTC or these other programs?

That is really for you to decide. As on a personal basis, you have to see which seems the best for you and visit around.

From now on, can we keep this thread an advice thread only?

would any of you go to a CAP that is 62 miles and and is the closest unit towards you (reason why i said CAP is cause Y.M. and Sea Cadets is over 100 miles away)

Joe252 said:
would any of you go to a CAP that is 62 miles and and is the closest unit towards you (reason why i said CAP is cause Y.M. and Sea Cadets is over 100 miles away)

Yes, if the unit was decent. You should give the number listed a call. They could have changed locations and National doesn't know. That was just a good way to get an idea. We have changed locations, but it has us listed differently... *shrugs*

drilldownmaster2004 said:
All I know its hard, really hard. You need to take time out of your own pocket to orgonixe it, to get the members to get the seniors and to get the teachers for different clases such as, but not limited to: Leadership, Character development, Aerospace, Safety, general clases and SO MUCH MORE! (and thats just CAP)
It is hard. But still possible. And actually you do not need that many people. I do not have the requirements with me, but I can however talk to someone who has started up a unit.

Which ever one you to start good luck. It isn't easy, and not many people step up to the plate like that.

And yes I would go 65 miles! I drive about 45 as it is....

When i did flight training this summer, there was this one kid who had to drive 150 Km to the nearest air cadet squadron hahaha. Of course, he lives way up in the Yukon.

So its seems that CAP is the best thing for me. and the fee of $20 is that annually or monthly payment

i might as well just wait on jrotc or college becuase the Cap is to far away what my parents say (i cant convense them that its worthwhile)

No joke. Do not give up yet. I'm not kidding when I say you really need to get in touch with the commander. If that is the closest squadron, you could be a major asset when it comes to Search and Rescue Missions. Otherwise, if the squadron is big enough, and there are some cadets and other members from your area, a new squadron, or charter of the old one, could be formed much easier. CAP is too good to just give up on like you are doing, and there are way too many oportunities to make your bad situation better.

I used to go to a young marines program that was round a hour away from where i live, it all depends on your time and dedication. I go to CAP right now located 45 minutes from my house, an hour on business days; you really need the time and dedication towards what you are doing or what you want, otherwise your plans won't work. If you really want a CAP near you, then strive for your goal; it will be hard but yes, it is possible.

CAP_FOXTROTgrl6 said:
I used to go to a young marines program that was round a hour away from where i live, it all depends on your time and dedication. I go to CAP right now located 45 minutes from my house, an hour on business days; you really need the time and dedication towards what you are doing or what you want, otherwise your plans won't work. If you really want a CAP near you, then strive for your goal; it will be hard but yes, it is possible.

Tell me about it. During School months on tuesdays I come home get "decked out" and off i go...

Some days I don't have time to get my uniform on so I throw it in the car and change there. Good times.....

Back