How do you classify ISIS?

These guys really are religious extremists to the T. Previously many groups were falsely or erroneously labelled religious extremists but ISIS is different. Definitely not a JV team.

Not so much a classification but WHO is going to do anything about them to Eradicate ISIS there's going to be a whole lot of collateral damage and WHO wants to take that on .

The people in the region need to sort that out.
The instant America joins that fight directly, we're playing right into ISIS's hands. Why do you think ISIS wants America to fight them so much? Because ISIS is slowly starting to lose legitimacy and they know it.

No matter what the thing that bugs me is the Obama administration is not classifying them as anything other than some drinking buddies who kill " random" people. And even then the airstrikes are working but can they be enough.

The Air Strikes are over hyped I think a 40 $ million dollar jet With a $100,000 dollar bomb blowing up a Humvee that used to belong to the U.S. Army is not going to beat ISIS , I think the U.S. should stay out of it let nature take its course in the middle east as it has done so for a thousand years .

The Air Strikes are over hyped I think a 40 $ million dollar jet With a $100,000 dollar bomb blowing up a Humvee that used to belong to the U.S. Army is not going to beat ISIS , I think the U.S. should stay out of it let nature take its course in the middle east as it has done so for a thousand years .

I feel somewhat the same, the Middle East has created and absolved it's own problems for centuries long before western interventionism.

I feel that leaving the regional powers that be with the bag of responsibility will not only reduce our cost of involvement in the long run, but actually benefit the governments there in giving them more capability to handling their own domestic issues.

Being as ISIS is no longer a extremists group and now more along a society of it's own, it will take social and moral questioning of both citizens of ISIS controlled lands and their neighbors of where they want to take this brand of medieval barbarity. Or to absolve it.

The airstrikes and support are fine. Not doing anything is absolutely the worst thing we could do. Everyone in the region knows that airstrikes will not destroy ISIS. That's the point. They will realize that only THEY can destroy ISIS. And they have to, or else ISIS will destroy them. And they will know that this will need to happen sooner rather than later, when the airstrikes may no longer be available.

This is exactly true. It cost a fortune to conduct these carrier born air raids. The jets should be taking off from nearby Turkey which has large, excellent air bases right next door to the action the jets would only have to be airborne for a few minutes and could attack precisely when needed. I do think the air raids are doing some good for instance they have helped in the Kurdish victory at Kobani.
As for defining ISIS terrorist thugs.

This is exactly true. It cost a fortune to conduct these carrier born air raids. The jets should be taking off from nearby Turkey which has large, excellent air bases right next door to the action the jets would only have to be airborne for a few minutes and could attack precisely when needed. I do think the air raids are doing some good for instance they have helped in the Kurdish victory at Kobani.
As for defining ISIS terrorist thugs.

Problem is Turkey has been straddling the fence also letting ISIS fighters flee across the border between Turkey and Syria.

Also thousands of foreign fighters from all around the globe cross over Turkey's border to join the Jihadists fighting in Iraq and Syria.

Turkey's sympathies apparently don't coincide with their NATO obligations on this one.

Problem is Turkey has been straddling the fence also letting ISIS fighters flee across the border between Turkey and Syria.

Also thousands of foreign fighters from all around the globe cross over Turkey's border to join the Jihadists fighting in Iraq and Syria.

Turkey's sympathies apparently don't coincide with their NATO obligations on this one.

I do believe your right on this. They could wipe ISIS out in a heartbeat at least their conventional forces f they wanted to. The trouble is Turkey is Sunni as is ISIS. Where as ISIS is fighting mostly Shiites. However it's not quite so clear cut because nobody really trust ISIS due to their extreme radicalism and terrorist ways. A Mideast mess.

After one or two years. you won't see ISIS in the map. We will destroy them in Syria and Iraq!

Last edited:
People think that ISIS is a radical Muslims Group trying to create a Muslim Caliphate.
but if this is true, why has it gone to such extremes to piss off EVERYONE? Surely they could have done this without all the barbarity?

I think ISIS real motive is far more sinister: Its not a Jihadist group but a Doomsday cult trying to bring Armageddon. A final battle between themselves (the believers) and everyone else including other Muslims.

In other words, a modern day Muslim version of Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple.

The Daily Beast wrote an excellent piece on this a few weeks ago looking at ISIS real motive.

Essentially ISIS thinks that the final battle between believers and non-believers will happen in a place called Dabiq, Syria. At the end the believers will have won, the world will be destroyed, and true Islam will reign across the world.

They are trying to get the non-believers to invade Syria so that this final battle will happen and they are using acts of brutality to provoke the west and others into doing just this. The worse the atrocity, the angrier the west gets, and sooner or later they will try and stop us is the thinking.

Personally I think they are right up until that point, however its what happens afterward is where ISIS is making a grave miscalculation, this final battle will not end in the way they expect it to.

Back