Honorable Discharge with RE4

Chassie4793

I was reading in another thread on this site and someone said the people with RE4 have dishonorable discharge. I have an honorable discharge with an RE4 code.

I know this is a long shot and I'm not looking for sympathy or pity from anyone. I'm also not looking for rude remarks or anything of the such, just honest information, or related stories that me be knowledgable.

Like I said, I know it's a long shot, but has anyone reenlisted lately with a reenlistment code 4 that has an honorable discharge? I know usually 4 means no one wants you back and your basically a **** up. I got out with a medical discharge for mental issues. Is there any way to get a medical waiver or anyway around it if your good to go? I know people with depression, OCD, other mental issues can be in the military. Should I go and talk with a recruiter to get information?

Any insite would be appreciated, thanks!!

I was reading in another thread on this site and someone said the people with RE4 have dishonorable discharge. I have an honorable discharge with an RE4 code.

I know this is a long shot and I'm not looking for sympathy or pity from anyone. I'm also not looking for rude remarks or anything of the such, just honest information, or related stories that me be knowledgable.

Like I said, I know it's a long shot, but has anyone reenlisted lately with a reenlistment code 4 that has an honorable discharge? I know usually 4 means no one wants you back and your basically a **** up. I got out with a medical discharge for mental issues. Is there any way to get a medical waiver or anyway around it if your good to go? I know people with depression, OCD, other mental issues can be in the military. Should I go and talk with a recruiter to get information?

Any insite would be appreciated, thanks!!

I don't know how long you have been out...but the entire is cracking down and there little to no waivers out there. The emphasis is on quality these days and for the forst time commands are instructed to forego quotas to ensure quality makes it through. I hate to break it to you...but I don't think you have a sniwballs chance in hell...

The military isn't going to risk a mental case when applicants are literally lining up at the door that are better and fully qualified...

What were the mental issues for if I may ask?

Last edited:
now I have a question, went in '07 got discharged '11 with under honors, re4, but wasnt nothing to bad. jus missed a phone muster because my phone wasnt activated yet the day of the call, it was right after a deployment so i jus spent the day in with my wife at the time n slept n did w.e, every now and then id wake up n check the phone, nothing, go back to sleep, again nothing, my squad leader wasnt the friggin most motivated so most of the time if we had a phone muster he wouldnt ACTUALLY call anyway, so the next day i got a call they been lookin for me but nobody came to my apmt, so that monday i got capt. after p.t, ive been goin thru personal b.s wit the wife and things back home, i barely slept because of the b.s wit the wife, so in turn id miss my alarm n pull up late to p.t...yes i know i ****ed up, i know that the top thing, but deployments they know dam well i did my job i took my training seriously and they could depend on me to get the job done, then i started workin on my divorce because of the b.s...but it was too late capt. mast they already decided to kick me out, general under honors, RE4, "pattern of misconduct" i never considered it a job, it was life...military is life for me...i was obedient, respectful,and did my job...its all ive wanted since i was 8,..i do want back in ive never wanted out would a waiver be possible in this case for the army

Back