Holy War

Re: [b]Holy War[/b]

The Serbs have been fighting against the Ottomans for 500yrs and finally got their Freedom in the early 1900's but a very large price...

just one thing my friend, serbia was liberated in 1804. so it is not 500 years. 1459-1804 that is 344 years. and montenegro was under the turks from 1499- 1691 so les than two centuries.

So in the end,we cant do anything about albanians but they can do all about us? thats bullshiat,u guys say ur fighting terrorisam,and indeed u are,but only there where u can exploite,but here where terrorisam is at its zenit,u ar protecting them,but i guess thats cuz u guys see some goods from that too

Admin edit: Removed. English only please

Dusan

Hmmm....

I never knew the history about Serbs. The media often times never exploit the cause of the conflict instead focuses on the immediate news hype.

it is easy for us to say "Let it go or Lets move on", However, the pain other people experienced over decades and centuries never healed. IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO.

Still, I believe it is wise to sit down and talk aout it and create some resolution instead of genocides from both sides.

Recent world history has sort of changed the way things are done after one side is defeated. You stop military hostilities. When Germany was defeated by the Allies, the civilians weren't slaughtered. In fact very few of the high command were executed as war criminals. America was mad enough to flatten Japan but the World is better as a whole because Humans know when to drop the shield and sheath the sword. It's called standing down in battle terms and it not only saves innocent lives but betters the world overall. There's a time for war but when it's past, then everything after that is murder and there's nothing Holy about that.

Missileer said:
there's nothing Holy about that.

The use of the words "Holy war" is almost, I say again, almost oxymoronic. Who ever thought you could put those two words in title together was one marble short of a full sack. I am not even religious and it sounds moronic to me, where/when ever it may happen.

Missileer said:
Recent world history has sort of changed the way things are done after one side is defeated. You stop military hostilities. When Germany was defeated by the Allies, the civilians weren't slaughtered. In fact very few of the high command were executed as war criminals. America was mad enough to flatten Japan but the World is better as a whole because Humans know when to drop the shield and sheath the sword. It's called standing down in battle terms and it not only saves innocent lives but betters the world overall. There's a time for war but when it's past, then everything after that is murder and there's nothing Holy about that.

that is what I say. but the reality does not work like that. albanians are killing serbs in kosovo for past six years, and nobody is saying anything. when they were victims whole world did not have anything agains atacking serbia. I am talking about double standards in us and other western countries politics.

Isn't a former Albanian leader being tried at the Hague for war crimes?

And genocide isn't 350,000 people moving; it's 350,000 people being murdered.

Ethnic cleansing would be the forced removal of 350,000 people of an unwanted ethnicity.

I was very aware that Serbs assisted the allies against the Nazis. Through the years there have been many movies - not saying movies are actual history - based upon that aspect of WWII. It's in our history books. American historians attempted to hide certain aspects of WWII, but that was not one of them. For instance, Americans tend not to know that much of the French resistance was communist.

Zucchini said:

Ethnic cleansing would be the forced removal of 350,000 people of an unwanted ethnicity.

I was very aware that Serbs assisted the allies against the Nazis. Through the years there have been many movies - not saying movies are actual history - based upon that aspect of WWII. It's in our history books. American historians attempted to hide certain aspects of WWII, but that was not one of them. For instance, Americans tend not to know that much of the French resistance was communist.

albanian leader in hague has been acused for killing 68 people, 68 and 350 000 is not the same. big playaz are still behind curtain, and they will stay there.

yes ethnic cleansing would be fordced removalof 350000people.if you go to kosovo you will not find a single serb out there in some areas. they did not want to leave. you can ask doody(moderator) and he will tell you. that is genocide, I am lawer I can tell you that.

about the history, menyeople are not avare that in wwI serbia lost 28% of it`s population, 50% of male population, first ally victory in wwI was won by serbs over superior austro-hungarians.

all I am saying is that it is very easy to watch cnn and make conclusions. specialy wrong one.

serbianpower said:
Zucchini said:

albanian leader in hague has been acused for killing 68 people, 68 and 350 000 is not the same. big playaz are still behind curtain, and they will stay there.

yes ethnic cleansing would be fordced removalof 350000people.if you go to kosovo you will not find a single serb out there in some areas. they did not want to leave. you can ask doody(moderator) and he will tell you. that is genocide, I am lawer I can tell you that.

about the history, menyeople are not avare that in wwI serbia lost 28% of it`s population, 50% of male population, first ally victory in wwI was won by serbs over superior austro-hungarians.

all I am saying is that it is very easy to watch cnn and make conclusions. specialy wrong one.

Exactly,and now no one is interested in other side of the story,every on knows only that serbs killed and rest died,but does any one know about everybody else killing and only serbs dieing?

Dusan

Back