hmmm McDonalds addict?

chewie_nz

Banned
Missouri girl, 12, kills sister, 9, over hamburger

16.02.05 1.00pm

ST LOUIS - A 12-year-old girl has been charged with murder after she told police she strangled her 9-year-old sister in a fight over a hamburger, officials said on Tuesday.

The St. Louis Medical Examiner's office said it ruled the death of the younger girl a homicide weeks after her body was found in her home on December 22.

Authorities were unable to determine how she died until the 12-year-old said she killed her younger sister in a spat over a hamburger, investigators said. She made the admission during a conversation with a case worker at a hospital where she was being treated for psychiatric problems.

The Medical Examiner's office said it made the ruling given the girl's statement and the fact that the younger girl's injuries were consistent with strangulation. Police charged the girl on Monday.

The names of the girls were not released, and a court hearing will be held later to determine if the 12-year-old should be tried as an adult.

If she is tried as an adult and convicted of murder, when they lead her to the electric chair will the guard say "You want fries with that?" :twisted:

Charge_7 said:
If she is tried as an adult and convicted of murder, when they lead her to the electric chair will the guard say "You want fries with that?" :twisted:
oh. my. god.
lol

there was a secret competition for the most bad taste comment in this thread...it's over now, no one can top that....

150 milbucks

Actually, I find that life without the possibility of parole to be worse than execution. With normal life expectancy for women, she'd have about 70 years to think about what she did to her sister. Still, if it's found that she is deranged and I suspect they will, she could possibly be treated and have a normal life. Many cases of mental illness are undiagnosed and untreated of course. With proper meds many people can be completely functional. That isn't to say, however, there aren't plenty of others for whom no treatment exists.

Related to the link you just provided. There has to be some cutoff point I guess, but I'm not so sure of the courts ruling. 20 years ago Vermont saw it's most cruel and depraved murder when three 15 year old boys raped and tortured two 12 year old girls and murdered one of them while leaving the other for dead. Vermont became one of the first states in the union to lower the age a person can be charged as an adult in response to that. The little girl who died was a cousin of one of my oldest and dearest friends. How great a need for that legislation there is I don't know. It was the only time in Vermont's history that such a thing had happened.

Charge_7 said:
Actually, I find that life without the possibility of parole to be worse than execution. With normal life expectancy for women, she'd have about 70 years to think about what she did to her sister. Still, if it's found that she is deranged and I suspect they will, she could possibly be treated and have a normal life. Many cases of mental illness are undiagnosed and untreated of course. With proper meds many people can be completely functional. That isn't to say, however, there aren't plenty of others for whom no treatment exists.

Related to the link you just provided. There has to be some cutoff point I guess, but I'm not so sure of the courts ruling. 20 years ago Vermont saw it's most cruel and depraved murder when three 15 year old boys raped and tortured two 12 year old girls and murdered one of them while leaving the other for dead. Vermont became one of the first states in the union to lower the age a person can be charged as an adult in response to that. The little girl who died was a cousin of one of my oldest and dearest friends. How great a need for that legislation there is I don't know. It was the only time in Vermont's history that such a thing had happened.

i think there are cases where the question "is this a crime commited by a child" is answered by the act...the one that you mention, there is no excuse for that, those children became pack animals. man when i think back to when i was that age...i can't even fathom what these people were thinking.

i think it all comes down to "did they have a chance to contemplate what they were going to do"

i agree with you though change....life without parole

Back