Gun Control bill that I support! No I'm not crazy...

"The court also ruled the D.C. requirement that registered firearms be kept unloaded, disassembled and under trigger lock was unconstitutional."

Since the Founding Fathers added no restrictions of any kind the the second ammendment, this statement reiterated the obvious.

"In 2004, a lower-court judge had told six city residents that they did not have a constitutional right to own handguns. The plaintiffs include residents of high-crime neighborhoods who wanted the guns for protection."

Self protection of the individual was why the second ammendment was added. Protection from a usurping government as well as enemies of our Nation.

"There are too many instances of 'bear arms' indicating private use to conclude that the drafters intended only a military sense."

Now there is Judge with a firm grip on the obvious, or maybe just gifted with understanding the written word. If no one challenges unjust laws, then freedom will wither and die. Freedom is much easier to maintain than to win back when it's taken away.

I just hope the trend holds.
I'm however more than a little dismayed that Judge Silberman wrote that the Second Amendment is still "subject to the same sort of reasonable restrictions that have been recognized as limiting, for instance, the First Amendment."

-
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
-

I do not find the First Amendment to be particularly vague, and I do not see where the US Congress can make law establishing a religion (or prohibiting the free exercise thereof) pass a law abridging the freedom of speech and or the press, or deny the people the right to peaceably assemble and or petition the government for a redress of grievances.

As for Judge Henderson, I do not understand why the Judge would bring up the fact that Washington D.C. is not a State, while in my opinion side with the Lower Court, which used the argument that what amounts to the State Militia of D.C. was afforded the protection of the Second Amendment in full force, while Citizens of D.C. were not.

A better argument, in my opinion, would have been for Judge Henderson to point out that the US Congress has the sole authority in the US Constitution to exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever in regards to the District of Colombia, and see how it played out in the US Congress.
I for one would have liked to see all members of Congress put on record with regards to the Gun Control issue and the Second Amendment.

Personally I do not believe private citizens should be allowed to live in Washington D.C..
If I had my way Washington D.C. would house only the President and Staff, Vice President and Staff, Members of Congress and Staff while in session, Supreme Court Justices and Staff, the Cabinet and Staff, Military Members stationed in Washington D.C. or the Pentagon, certain Federal Government Employees, and just be a bunch of Government buildings and Monuments.

Last edited:
From the vault of bad ideas

If I had my way Washington D.C. would house only the President and Staff, Vice President and Staff, Members of Congress and Staff while in session, Supreme Court Justices and Staff, the Cabinet and Staff, Military Members stationed in Washington D.C. or the Pentagon, certain Federal Government Employees, and just be a bunch of Government buildings and Monuments.

Hell on Earth.
:firedevi:

I just hope the trend holds.
I'm however more than a little dismayed that Judge Silberman wrote that the Second Amendment is still "subject to the same sort of reasonable restrictions that have been recognized as limiting, for instance, the First Amendment."

I suppose he may be referring to the current law that prohibits felons and the mentally ill from owning firearms when he talks about the "reasonable restrictions".

I suppose he may be referring to the current law that prohibits felons and the mentally ill from owning firearms when he talks about the "reasonable restrictions".

I'll try and dig it up on my lunch break but yeah basically the reasonable restrictions he is talking about are Criminals, Mentally Ill, and Registration of fire arms so that the government could keep in inventory for the necessity of knowing how armed it is in a time of crisis....The latter is what the forefathers intended with a militia (every 17-45 year old male) they did not want a large standing army (read the federalist papers)....

I'll try and dig it up on my lunch break but yeah basically the reasonable restrictions he is talking about are Criminals, Mentally Ill, and Registration of fire arms so that the government could keep in inventory for the necessity of knowing how armed it is in a time of crisis....The latter is what the forefathers intended with a militia (every 17-45 year old male) they did not want a large standing army (read the federalist papers)....

Not to put too fine a point on it but I like to believe that the large standing military that we have today has kept many a would be conqueror at bay.

You don't have any saying in this topic because you don't live in the USA and you're anti-gun anyways....:p

Glad I'm not living next door to you. How do you handle loud noise? Barking dogs etc? I'm a little worried.

How often do you get your guns out for a little inspection and feel?:confused:

Glad I'm not living next door to you. How do you handle loud noise? Barking dogs etc? I'm a little worried.

Wallabies put out a trolling motor and got a couple bites. Nothing to see here. . . .

Good call... and Strongbow the man you are trying to belittle is a cop and a veteran. What have you done lately?

That's rhetorical... ya know s'posed to make you THINK.
:)

Not to put too fine a point on it but I like to believe that the large standing military that we have today has kept many a would be conqueror at bay.

No a well armed militia consisting of every US male aged 17-45 has kept them at bay.

Read the federalist papers, you will see.

http://www.foundingfathers.info/federalistpapers/

See the problem is a large standing army needs something to do....

(By the way I am now way whatsoever belittling anyone in the armed forces and I whole heartedly support them, my family dates back in the military to the revolutionary, civil, etc. and I have many friends in the forces today.)

Try not to worry so much you might enjoy life more ;)

Last edited:

What do I do with the noise.... I go to my neighbor and ask for a beer. Because when the dog is barking and the music is loud I know that he is having a good time and that there are some fine women over at his place. Man, it's gonna suck when he gets into a relationship...... No more wild bachelor parties. ANd if's going late at night, I either call him or knock on the door and explain that myself and other folks are trying to sleep and if he can lower the noise. He always does because he is just like me. A working guy that likes to enjoy life but do it responsibility.

For me handling my firearms. Everyday, I'm a police officer. I carry a firearm daily for work and when I'm off duty I carry a little .38 snub so when I'm out and about and something goes wrong I can intervene until the on0duty guys can show up.

Before I became a police officer I was a Firearms Dealer. I had to get a Federal Firearms License. Deal with BATFE (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives) and their surprise inspections, keep all of my records in order, go through numorous background checks, and lastly make sure that those I sold firearm too could legally own them.

Before I became a firearms dealer I was in the US Army. I served in the sandbox (don't like to talk about it) and I worked with firearms daily. I was Infantry.

Before that I hunted and shoot firearms in my youth with my friends and my father.

My neighbors now that I'm armed and they enjoy knowing that. They all tell me if the SHTF that they'll all be coming to my house for protection. I keep eveything locked in two safes that are bolted to the ground and the ammunition is stored in locked ammunition crates in my garage (other side of the house). I don't have to do that but I do. Why, because I have alot of money invested in my firearms.

I'm a well respected member of my community. I have never had any issue with the law. I only got one traffic ticket and I was found not guility (accident truly was not my fault). I am currently attending college, trying to better myself through education. I support my community through blood drives, charity, Boy Scouts, CERT, and other means.

Last time I checked, I am the ideal American Citizen. And all of my gun owning friends are the sameway.

Infact, I'm as calm as can be. I rarely get angry. Even when I work. Why, because it doesn't help to be angry. You lose your self control and it places unneeded stress on you health.

If that doesn't answer your question than you're nothing but a troll and should not be feed. Have a nice day.

5.56x45mm
'Nuff Said......

Last edited:
Back