~Greatest civilization ever~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't forgotton about China. I am sure you can find great things of all civilizations. I just felt Rome accomplished alot given what they had, and they had effects thousands of years even after they collapsed.

1. Rome
2. Greece
3. Egypt
4. Inca

One cannot forget Egypt nor the Inca for they were some of the greatest architechts for their times. The Inca built roads nearly as great as the Romans did and they Egyptians built the Pyramids and had a great economy.

Kevin said:
1. Rome
2. Greece
3. Egypt
4. Inca

One cannot forget Egypt nor the Inca for they were some of the greatest architechts for their times. The Inca built roads nearly as great as the Romans did and they Egyptians built the Pyramids and had a great economy.

you definitely forgot Persian empire... why?

Egypt and part of Greece were part of Persian empire for centuries

Babylon was part of Persia? well no, the part that Persia didnt control.

And Phoinix dude, u really love Persia huh..I agree with Cyrus and how about Parthia?

I think there are three civilizations that could claim the "greatest" The Roman Empire, The Mayans, and finally the Chinese

China could very well be the greatest civilization ever, but their arrogance (historians like to call it "ethno-centric" but it is the same thing) was their downfall. They did have arguably the most advanced technology and were building ships 400 times larger than the largest european ships of the time, but after their seventh (I think it was seventh) great fleet of exploration or whatever they called them China adopted a closed border policy and instead of continuing to bring these foreign ideas in to enrich their culture they closed themselves off from the world. They also thought that a Giraffe was a god and I personally think that they stopped these explorations because they found something that made them think that they might not be the most advanced race of the time and they did not want the people to know.

MightyMacbeth said:
Babylon was part of Persia? well no, the part that Persia didnt control.

And Phoinix dude, u really love Persia huh..I agree with Cyrus and how about Parthia?

My ancestors are Parthians and from the same region the parthian dynasty rised!

I think there is a lack of info on Persian Empire which was the biggest and the most influential empire of all ages!

What does stand no chance? Rome? China? NO KIDDING!

They dont stand a chance!

I assume you know little to nothing about how great Persia once was.

persia didnt last as ONE empire. The region might have been called persia. Besides, what did they invent, how was their military? say something man. not just showing us maps and just speak speak speak :)

MightyMacbeth said:
persia didnt last as ONE empire. The region might have been called persia. Besides, what did they invent, how was their military? say something man. not just showing us maps and just speak speak speak :)

thought you are smart to find out stuff thru the maps. I wonder where you are from? Are you from UAE?

Persia was one empire and was expanded from India to current Greece and Egypt.

The Imperial Army of Persia was the most powerful armed force of its time.

Persian Empire lasted between 550 BC to 621 AD (until arabs invaded that).

There was no slavery in Persia. The Persians were the first who believed in a monotheistic religion. The first postal service was invented by Iranians (the motto of today US Mail Service belongs to Persians -- I dont recall it but it says no snow, no bad weather stops me from working and delivering mails).

Freedom of speech and religious tolerance were being exercised inside the territories of the Persian empire and all people from any ethnic/religion was free and living in peace with others.

The first Human Rights Declaration was ordered and invented by Cyrus the great.

The empire was a vast one ruled by tolerant kings and it can be called the first Federal system of governance exercised by human beings.

What else do u wanna know? Do a little GOOGLE if you are really curious to know more!

But just don't talk about Romans who did nothing but to eat as much as they could and kill each other like savages and watch others dying for fun.

And Egyptians had a savage slavery system which was worse than Nazi camps.

IRANIANS INTRODUCED THE FIRST POSTAL SYSTEM

On the basis of information reported by the Greek historians Herodotus and Xenophon, the first regular postal service in the world was established in ancient Iran in 6th century BC during the reign of the first king of the Achaemenids, Cyrus the Great (550 BC-529 BC). The service used the system of a messenger (in Persian: Chapaar) or the relay messengers (in Persian: Chapaar-beh-Chaapar). The messengers were riding horses and carrying mails by day and night; the relay stations were built only so far distant from each other so that a horse could run without resting or feeding.

The riders would stop at regularly placed Post Houses (in Persian: Chapaar-Khaneh) to get a fresh horse or to pass on their packets of dispatches to another messenger for the remainder of the distance. Herodotus also praised the swift courier posts of ancient Persian Empire.

http://www.persianiran.com/history/history.asp

The motto of the Persian postal service became memorable: stoped by neither snow, rain, heat or gloom of night. The US postal service also adopted this motto and the famous Pony Express mail delivery resembled the original Persian design. The origins of polo date back to this time. Persian nobility played an early form of polo for both sport and combat training.

Uh forgot to say

The Persian Empire Army was a professional one.

The first amphibious mission was done by Persian troops during the invasion of Greece.

The army assembled to inavde Greece had near 1 milion men!

The elite regiment of the army called "The Immortal Guards" which was consisted of 6 ft plus men!

They had Officers' academy for these guys and they were trained to defend the monarchy though.

Achaemenids, Parthians and Sasanids were far superior in terms of military and economy when you compare them with Romans or egyptians!

The commander of the Persian empire Navy was a woman named Artimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/648_BC

map8pers.jpg

5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back